Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are all the factors in determining who wins the Heisman too you..  (Read 14903 times)
TheVarsity
Junior

E-Cred: 48

TheVarsity

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »

From Al.com.

Click here for link

I just wonder how some of the voters feel about a 3rd straight player from the State of Alabama winning the Heisman.

I think this will be one of the biggest reasons why some will not vote for Trent. What a shame to let political agendas get in the way on how some vote.

"I can honestly say that I didn't come to the University of Alabama because I thought it would be easy. No, I came because I knew it would be hard." Former Tide player Tommy Wilcox.
NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »

I read ballots have to be in by December 5, 2011.  It would be hard for me to compare a QB to RB. I hope they take the next step between Luck and Trent and consider the competition they played against and if they do so, I feel Trent will win most outstanding college football player. That is my wish for Trent.   Kiss
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »

Shaw believes a phrase from the Heisman Trust's mission statement -- "the pursuit of excellence with integrity" -- defines Luck best.

"I think there are a lot of voters, and some of them I know, who take that line very seriously," Shaw said. "When you become the Heisman Trophy winner, you enter an exclusive club. And these guys, they get together every year and they look at each other, and they know it's an exclusive club. They think in those terms. They want somebody who can represent college football and represent the Heisman name the right way.

Click here for link

Sounds racist to me. Angry

They weren't concerned about that last year, now were they?  Besides that, Trent has just as much integrity, if not more, than all of the other candidates.
My point-- Stanford University has now gone public saying they feel Ollie Andrew Luck will fit it better with their little (bankrupt) Heisman club than MFBATR. Is no one else "on the warpath" enraged by this?

Angry Angry Angry

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »

Shaw believes a phrase from the Heisman Trust's mission statement -- "the pursuit of excellence with integrity" -- defines Luck best.

"I think there are a lot of voters, and some of them I know, who take that line very seriously," Shaw said. "When you become the Heisman Trophy winner, you enter an exclusive club. And these guys, they get together every year and they look at each other, and they know it's an exclusive club. They think in those terms. They want somebody who can represent college football and represent the Heisman name the right way.

Click here for link

They weren't concerned about that last year, now were they?  Besides that, Trent has just as much integrity, if not more, than all of the other candidates.
My point-- Stanford University has now gone public saying they feel Ollie Andrew Luck will fit it better with their little (bankrupt) Heisman club than MFBATR. Is no one else "on the warpath" enraged by this?

Angry Angry Angry

You're sweating this too much, WV. The voters firmly have it embedded in their brain, the ear splitting grin that Trent will display upon hearing the news of his winning the Heisman. Andrew Luck has acne.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »

Click here for link

They weren't concerned about that last year, now were they?  Besides that, Trent has just as much integrity, if not more, than all of the other candidates.
Angry Angry Angry
Is no one else "on the warpath" enraged by this?
Where is bamalum67 when we need him?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:09:45 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »

they have a radio spot on the sports station here , a commercial of sorts ...

it says something to the effect of ...
" three months ago who had ever heard of David Shaw , nobody , that's who"

if they let scam in last year ?
then Trent should be president of their little exclusive crap pile ! 

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »

Click here for link

They weren't concerned about that last year, now were they?  Besides that, Trent has just as much integrity, if not more, than all of the other candidates.
Angry Angry Angry
Is no one else "on the warpath" enraged by this?
Where is bamalum67 when we need him?
Forget Cam Newton. The Stanford campaign points directly at two Heisman candidates and leaves the football world to infer that their "lily white" is somehow on morally higher ground. TR may be guilty of starting a family sooner than he himself probably wishes he has, in retrospect. That being said, he has not shirked his responsibity and if anything, has exhibited the character to rise above his disadvantaged circumstances to become a role model for others far beyond anything AL can do, should he live to be 100.

NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:03 PM »

For some reason I have never received a ballot. I remember last year someone stating the ballot only had most outstanding player. I do not even know if the person was being truefull, but I think they were trying to argue the case for Cam. If the pursuit of excellence with integrity is on ballot, it fits our Trent. I do not give a flying hoot what Shaw had to say. 
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »

Who is Shaw?  Exactly.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »

For some reason I have never received a ballot. I remember last year someone stating the ballot only had most outstanding player. I do not even know if the person was being truefull, but I think they were trying to argue the case for Cam. If the pursuit of excellence with integrity is on ballot, it fits our Trent. I do not give a flying hoot what Shaw had to say. 
This is why you should care what Shaw has to say. This is an active national campaign by Stanford University to besmirch the reputation of fellow Crimson Tider. Their argument is unwinnable or less arguable if made by just the performances on the field. So they have decided the best way to gain separation is to put the white, rich kid side by side with the deep south black kid from the projects, and claim moral superiority on that alone.

BTW, the voting by the general public is inconsequential in the equation.

Angry Angry Angry

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »

Who is Shaw?  Exactly.
David Shaw, Head Coach, Stanford University

Imagine CNS going national with a "white kids can't play football" campaign. That only poor, black kids deserve recognition because upper class white kids have enough already. That AL should be ruled out because Archie Griffin and Earl Campbell don't want to hang around preppie white kids. This is not something OUR university would even consider. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:28:28 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »

This is why you should care what Shaw has to say. This is an active national campaign by Stanford University to besmirch the reputation of fellow Crimson Tider. Their argument is unwinnable or less arguable if made by just the performances on the field. So they have decided the best way to gain separation is to put the white, rich kid side by side with the deep south black kid from the projects, and claim moral superiority on that alone.

BTW, the voting by the general public is inconsequential in the equation.

Angry Angry Angry
BTW  I understand that my fan vote is counted with all fans for one vote. Not knowing me you probably do not understand my sense of humor .  I know I will never receive a ballot.  I am not a member of the media and not a living past Heisman winner. I believe the sports journalists and the living past Heisman winners will be competent enough to get it right. Trent has a great future ahead of him with or without a trophy and I refuse to be worried about anything related to Coach Shaw and his campaign for his QB.  As a fan I have voted Trent and made it known the second thing I would look for if I had one of those votes.  To make this official nobody cares what I think. Cry
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

Who is Shaw?  Exactly.
David Shaw, Head Coach, Stanford University

Imagine CNS going national with a "white kids can't play football" campaign. That only poor, black kids deserve recognition because upper class white kids have enough already. That AL should be ruled out because Archie Griffin and Earl Campbell don't want to hang around preppie white kids. This is not something OUR university would even consider. 

Isn't David Shaw a black man?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 242
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0