Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 3166 3167 [3168] 3169 3170 3171 3172 ... 3906   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12483485 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47505 on: October 13, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »

A quick (true) story.

We have a neighbor cat that hangs out on our back porch for food.  Friday night I heard rain outside and decided to feed the outside cat and watch the rain.  I put some cat food on a table we have on our back porch and walked to the edge of of the porch.  It was pitch dark because of the rain and I didn't have the porch light on.  While I was standing I heard the cat crunching food behind me and I backed up and petted the cat which was on the table eating.  I noticed two things, the cat was wet and its fur was much too course, and the cat was rubbing against my leg!!!   Shocked  I snatched my hand away, turned on the porch light and saw a possum jump from the table and stand next to the cat starring at me.  The possum seemed not to be afraid of me in the least and also seemed to have made friends with the cat.  Talk about time slowing down.  It seemed to take forever for my brain to process the fact that I couldn't be petting the cat, and God only knew what I had my right hand on.

I've stopped feeding the possum in hopes he will stop visiting.
Laughing Laughing

That's a goodie.  I hope Jamos sees this.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7920

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #47506 on: October 14, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »

Monday, yuck! Back to the office grind for me. Lots of catching up to do.

Y'all have a good one. 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47507 on: October 14, 2019, 05:54:51 AM »

Y'all have a good one. 

Good morning.   

Chilly again today; mid-40s.  Brrr.

No work for me, but a busy week.  Back to the dentist for a crown, several meetings with friends, then a knife show next weekend in Jackson.  I'm not a fan of Jackson MS, but that's where the show is.  I need to whittle down my knife collection, so hopefully I can unload some of these old knives to other collectors.

The birding is still good.  I spent 2 hours at a friend's house yesterday helping them identify their birds and trees.  We saw a lot of the common things, including a juvenile red-headed woodpecker, and a few warblers (Pine Warbler and Tennessee Warbler), but not much else.

Good to see Jamos back on the forum this weekend.  Hope he stays around to banter with us.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7920

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #47508 on: October 14, 2019, 06:04:35 AM »

Y'all have a good one. 

Good morning.   

No work for me, but a busy week.  Back to the dentist for a crown, several meetings with friends, then a knife show next weekend in Jackson.  I'm not a fan of Jackson MS, but that's where the show is.  I need to whittle down my knife collection, so hopefully I can unload some of these old knives to other collectors.

The birding is still good.  I spent 2 hours at a friend's house yesterday helping them identify their birds and trees.  We saw a lot of the common things, including a juvenile red-headed woodpecker, and a few warblers (Pine Warbler and Tennessee Warbler), but not much else.

Good to see Jamos back on the forum this weekend.  Hope he stays around to banter with us.

I agree. This is a better pacle with him, bad hand and all. 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47509 on: October 14, 2019, 06:06:14 AM »

Y'all have a good one. 

Good morning.   

I agree. This is a better pacle with him, bad hand and all. 

Certainly!  He prolly types faster than us with one hand.  And I wonder if he's growing a beard.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47510 on: October 14, 2019, 07:03:24 AM »

Good morning folks.  Glad you made it home safe 2.  No work for me today since it is a government holiday.  I'm fixing to head to AutoZone to pick up a couple new battery cables to repacle the ones on my 1939 "A" Farmall tractor. Then around lunch Mrs. Nalt, the two boys and I are going over to Boaz to see the youngest daughter that is in school at Snead State.  

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47511 on: October 14, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »

Good morning folks.  Glad you made it home safe 2.  No work for me today since it is a government holiday.  I'm fixing to head to AutoZone to pick up a couple new battery cables to repacle the ones on my 1939 "A" Farmall tractor. Then around lunch Mrs. Nalt, the two boys and I are going over to Boaz to see the youngest daughter that is in school at Snead State.  
Love those little Farmalls.

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #47512 on: October 14, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »

It is good to be back for a little while. My back is really giving me problems this week with my hip, and trying to take a head cold also.
I hope this morning finds all my brothers and sisters feeling well and strong. Peace be with you all today. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47513 on: October 14, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »

Yeah, me too.  Dad bought this one before I was born, I'll be 56 in March if I live until then.  When I was a young child I loved climbing all over it and riding on it with Dad as he was plowing or cultivating, and even when we would go out in to the fields looking for Christmas trees.  I would ask him, "Dad, when you die can I have your tractor?"  He never gave me an answer but 2 years ago he did give me the tractor.     I had a guy come up to the house a couple weeks ago to look at buying my Honda Odyssey minivan.  I was at work so Mrs. Nalt was talking with him.  He saw the tractor and said he would love to buy that from us.  She let him know that he would have to deal with me on that but that it had been passed down from my father to me so he shouldn't expect it to be for sale.  It isn't.  I guess she is a good woman after all...  

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47514 on: October 14, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »

Yeah, me too.  Dad bought this one before I was born, I'll be 56 in March if I live until then.  When I was a young child I loved climbing all over it and riding on it with Dad as he was plowing or cultivating, and even when we would go out in to the fields looking for Christmas trees.  I would ask him, "Dad, when you die can I have your tractor?"  He never gave me an answer but 2 years ago he did give me the tractor.     I had a guy come up to the house a couple weeks ago to look at buying my Honda Odyssey minivan.  I was at work so Mrs. Nalt was talking with him.  He saw the tractor and said he would love to buy that from us.  She let him know that he would have to deal with me on that but that it had been passed down from my father to me so he shouldn't expect it to be for sale.  It isn't.  I guess she is a good woman after all...  

Money can’t buy love.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47515 on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:06 AM »

It is good to be back for a little while. My back is really giving me problems this week with my hip, and trying to take a head cold also.
I hope this morning finds all my brothers and sisters feeling well and strong. Peace be with you all today. RTR!
Sorry to hear all that Preacher.  I hope you can find something to give you some relief from the back and hip pain.  Regarding the cold, take about 4000mg of vitamin C for about 4 days straight then cut it back to 3000, for a couple days then back to 1000 for a daily regimen.  Every time I start getting the sniffles that is what I do and I have honestly NOT had a bad cold in several years.  I take 1000mg every day through the fall, winter, and spring.

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47516 on: October 14, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »

Money can’t buy love.

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47517 on: October 14, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »

Maybe being atop the totem will help some, Preacher.

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #47518 on: October 14, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »

A quick (true) story.

We have a neighbor cat that hangs out on our back porch for food.  Friday night I heard rain outside and decided to feed the outside cat and watch the rain.  I put some cat food on a table we have on our back porch and walked to the edge of of the porch.  It was pitch dark because of the rain and I didn't have the porch light on.  While I was standing I heard the cat crunching food behind me and I backed up and petted the cat which was on the table eating.  I noticed two things, the cat was wet and its fur was much too course, and the cat was rubbing against my leg!!!   Shocked  I snatched my hand away, turned on the porch light and saw a possum jump from the table and stand next to the cat starring at me.  The possum seemed not to be afraid of me in the least and also seemed to have made friends with the cat.  Talk about time slowing down.  It seemed to take forever for my brain to process the fact that I couldn't be petting the cat, and God only knew what I had my right hand on.

I've stopped feeding the possum in hopes he will stop visiting.
Laughing Laughing

That's a goodie.  I hope Jamos sees this.

I have to admit, that's one of the best. I noticed that he didn't have to go change his pants. Applause E-Cred

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #47519 on: October 14, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »

Happy Friday, all.  And yes, congrats to Runt!
Hey Doc.  Come on over to Lowe Mill tonight to hear Runt.  Starts around 6 p.m. and he is only singing about 5 songs...

I'm just now seeing this.   Embarrassed Embarrassed  I hadn't checked in since I left work around lunchtime Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 3166 3167 [3168] 3169 3170 3171 3172 ... 3906   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 172
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0