Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jameis Winston (updated; DNA matches JW!!)  (Read 84136 times)
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »

After the Florida State QB’s attorney issued a statement on Thursday claiming that his client and the accuser had consensual sex, the alleged victim’s lawyer Patricia Carroll, released a statement saying “To be clear, the victim did not consent. This was a rape.”

Carroll also criticized those who pointed to a police report in which the accuser placed Winston’s height between 5’9″ – 5’11″ saying “DNA is not 5’9″ to 5’11″ DNA is Jameis Winston.” She also mentioned that Winston’s lawyer only attempted a consensual defense after it was revealed that crime scene DNA matched his clients.
Click here for link
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2013, 07:31:33 AM »

Click here for link

State attorney Willie Meggs told The Associated Press on Saturday it is unlikely that a final decision will be made before Thanksgiving on whether to charge the quarterback.

You've got to wonder just how long they plan to drag this out. Looks he he will play against UF.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2013, 07:42:36 AM »

Click here for link

State attorney Willie Meggs told The Associated Press on Saturday it is unlikely that a final decision will be made before Thanksgiving on whether to charge the quarterback.

You've got to wonder just how long they plan to drag this out. Looks he he will play against UF.

State Attorney Meggs just recently got the case. He just interviewed the victim on Thursday. I never expected his decision this week and nothing will happen the short week of Thanksgiving. These are government employees. Most are on vacation all of next week. I expect the decision to come the first week of Dec. I also expect Winston to be charged. IMO there is too much evidence not to put it to trial.
bamaphil
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2962

bamaphil

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2013, 07:53:35 AM »

Click here for link

State Attorney Meggs just recently got the case. He just interviewed the victim on Thursday. I never expected his decision this week and nothing will happen the short week of Thanksgiving. These are government employees. Most are on vacation all of next week. I expect the decision to come the first week of Dec. I also expect Winston to be charged. IMO there is too much evidence not to put it to trial.

Unless the rape kit shows no sign of rape I don't see how he doesn't get charged.  She reported a rape and submitted to the test.  His DNA matches.  He almost has to be charged.

I also fully expect that if he is charged FSU will make an exception to the automatic suspension rule and he will play in the ACC Championship and BCSCG if FSU makes it. 
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »

Click here for link

they will try to drag it out until the Heisman voting and the BCSNC game
is both over I believe ...
the dynamic duo , Jessie Palmer and Danny Kanell (or as I call em' the two queers)
were just on sportscenter talking about it ... they invoked the
Cam Newton rule of voting only for the play on the field not the person ...
which is complete BS in my book ... that award took a big hit hit in
my eyes and doesn't mean what it once did because of CN

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »

Click here for link

they will try to drag it out until the Heisman voting and the BCSNC game
is both over I believe ...
the dynamic duo , Jessie Palmer and Danny Kanell (or as I call em' the two queers)
were just on sportscenter talking about it ... they invoked the
Cam Newton rule of voting only for the play on the field not the person ...
which is complete BS in my book ... that award took a big hit hit in
my eyes and doesn't mean what it once did because of CN

First, the first sentence of the Heisman Mission Statement reads "The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity." Neither Cam nor Winston meet this requirement.

Second, you can not compare Winston's situation to Cam's IMO. Cam violated NCAA rules. Winston, if found guilty, faces jail time. There is enough evidence out there to prove Winston is a dirt bag even if he avoids being charged. 
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2013, 08:29:23 AM »

Click here for link

Right. Having the short week is why I said he will play against UF. The rape kit should have been examined a long time ago. In the face of all the negative publicity that all agencies are suffering, you would think they would all be towing the line, and maybe they are, but I see no reason why a decision has yet to be made.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »

they left the "no" out that goes between the with and the integrity 

or maybe they are talking about Goodyear tires ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »

Hopefully we won't be treated to another athlete issue that has made a mockery out of the juducial syaytem over the years, starting with O J Simpson.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »

Hopefully we won't be treated to another athlete issue that has made a mockery out of the juducial syaytem over the years, starting with O J Simpson.

I hope the same thing but something tells me it's too late  Banging your head against the wall.

McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:02 AM »

Just wondering....Do you guys think the US Att'ny could get involved at some point?  Perhaps on civil rights grounds if the victim is not getting fair treatment in state courts?  From what I know (which is not a lot) rules of evidence are less strict in federal courts, so that could be a factor, i.e. easier to get an indictment or bring charges.
ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »

Not a lawyer but see no federal laws broken here, and no interstate element to the case.

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »

I have a feeling of hopes here for self gain. Brethren and ladies, this is a young man who is old enough to understand what he done was totally wrong to violate another human being. Although this being said, if he is innocent or it was consensual, does a you man need to have his life destroyed because he did something they both agreed to? If guilty he should pay what the law requires, but innocent he should not be trounced on just because of the media and our personal feelings. JMHO. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

State attorney can't win in Jameis Winston sexual assault case Click here for link
Whether or not this incredible season continues depends upon Meggs, who has lived his entire life in Tallahassee. Criminal charges against Winston would make Meggs the most unpopular man in his hometown since Steve Spurrier coached the Gators. And if he doesn't press charges, there will be those who point to his FSU law degree and accuse him of being just another jock-sniffing law enforcement official in a college football town.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

I have a feeling of hopes here for self gain. Brethren and ladies, this is a young man who is old enough to understand what he done was totally wrong to violate another human being. Although this being said, if he is innocent or it was consensual, does a you man need to have his life destroyed because he did something they both agreed to? If guilty he should pay what the law requires, but innocent he should not be trounced on just because of the media and our personal feelings. JMHO. RTR!
I agree 100%.  For this very reason I have long felt very strongly that our 1st amendment right of free speech has gone far too far for the good of mankind.  No one should know about this case except for the police, investigators and attorneys until it goes to trial IMO.  If he is eventually tried and convicted then at that time, and no sooner, is when the media should be brought up to speed of the entire proceedings.  If found to be not guilty then a gag order should be automatically instituted on all parties forever.  Too many innocent lives have been destroyed because of unneeded publicity IMO...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 154
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts
Spring FB Transfer Portal by McBaman
[Yesterday at 09:39:24 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by Chechem
[Yesterday at 01:45:00 PM]

[Yesterday at 01:42:51 PM]

Re: College Hoops Fans React to John Calipari Reportedly Leaving Kentucky for Arkans by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:21:06 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:18:30 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:34:49 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:26:47 AM]

[April 10, 2024, 02:29:00 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[April 10, 2024, 02:20:36 PM]

More