Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next year based on spring? siap  (Read 5780 times)
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »

Click here for link
KoKoPuf
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3504

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »

Good read.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »

4     Alabama

Projected 2012 record: 10-2
Last season: 12-1 Alabama will be loaded again and it should be even stronger in the passing game, but can the running game continue to excel without Trent Richardson? Can the defense be the same sort of killer it was throughout last year without seven starters? Will the kicking game come through when it has to in the big games? The answer to all of the above is probably a resounding yes, but that still might mean a really strong two-loss season. The Tide has to go to Death Valley to deal with a loaded LSU. While 'Bama will be better than everyone else on the schedule, there are four other landmines against Michigan (in Arlington, Texas), at Missouri, at Tennessee and at Arkansas. RB Eddie Lacy is a playmaker who’s ready for a bigger role and the defense will quickly reload around strong safety Robert Lester and linebacker Nico Johnson. On the plus side, Outland-winning OL Barrett Jones chose to come back to join Chance Warmack and D.J. Fluker to keep QB AJ McCarron's jersey clean.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »

We do have a very tough schedule. I just think it proves us to be another year of driving upward to the #1 ranking in January. I believe. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »

While 'Bama will be better than everyone else on the schedule, there are four other landmines against Michigan (in Arlington, Texas), at Missouri, at Tennessee and at Arkansas.

What is that guy smoking?  I can see a potential loss to LSU, or rather I can see where a pundit could expect a potential loss to LSU (I expect 14-0).  However, those 4 games are listed as landmines?  REALLY?  Tennessee?  They may not even have a coach by late October.  Arkansas has already lost their coach, and the players are dropping like flies as they go for the Fulmer Cup.  Missouri will be welcomed to the SEC with a trip to the woodshed.  Michigan will suffer the same fate as Clemson and Va Tech.  The only thing standing between us and a repeat is a hungry LSU team out for revenge.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »

While 'Bama will be better than everyone else on the schedule, there are four other landmines against Michigan (in Arlington, Texas), at Missouri, at Tennessee and at Arkansas.

What is that guy smoking?  I can see a potential loss to LSU, or rather I can see where a pundit could expect a potential loss to LSU (I expect 14-0).  However, those 4 games are listed as landmines?  REALLY?  Tennessee?  They may not even have a coach by late October.  Arkansas has already lost their coach, and the players are dropping like flies as they go for the Fulmer Cup.  Missouri will be welcomed to the SEC with a trip to the woodshed.  Michigan will suffer the same fate as Clemson and Va Tech.  The only thing standing between us and a repeat is a hungry LSU team out for revenge.
^THIS^
SeniorTSM
Senior

E-Cred: 306

SeniorTSM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »

Well hope your right Super Coach, but I think the main concern will be how our Tight ends and WR's step up. I think the O could be very good this year but D is always a crap shoot when replacing so many starters. I do think CNS will have them more ready than the D of 2010 was. I think that team showed that after winning it all they felt like wins would come just by stepping on the field but CNS is not going to let this team do the same stuff.

I do see Arky (even without CBP) will be a tough one and LSU of course,
But a lot of Bama fans, including me, are writing of UM as a automatic win, lets not forget Bama has had problems in the past with QB's that can move, and DR can do that well. Still think Bama wins but not as big as some.
FocusedFan
Sophomore

E-Cred: 91

Male

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »

I think the author tends to put too much weight on the 'AT' (away) games he mentions and too little weight on the returning O-line talent and experience. Alabama typically travels quite well probably in part because Bama is a highly disciplined, focused team that doesn't depend on that home field energy to get out there and perform (like a certain Lee county school). I don't think you could ask for a more solid offensive line group than we have returning this year.

...and forgive us our football as we forgive those who football against us...
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »

Well hope your right Super Coach, but I think the main concern will be how our Tight ends and WR's step up. I think the O could be very good this year but D is always a crap shoot when replacing so many starters. I do think CNS will have them more ready than the D of 2010 was. I think that team showed that after winning it all they felt like wins would come just by stepping on the field but CNS is not going to let this team do the same stuff.

I do see Arky (even without CBP) will be a tough one and LSU of course,
But a lot of Bama fans, including me, are writing of UM as a automatic win, lets not forget Bama has had problems in the past with QB's that can move, and DR can do that well. Still think Bama wins but not as big as some.
I very good running game will take the pressure off of the passing game.  There are rec's who have the potential to aid the running game with a decent passing game.
SeniorTSM
Senior

E-Cred: 306

SeniorTSM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »

I hear you HSC, and I hope that running game is as good as i think it can be. I even want to see Fowler more, but I can of see the new OC throwing it more too. I can see the backs and tight ends getting bigger roles catching the ball...well kind of like the BCS game.

We shall see. I think the O will be very very good.
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:22:24 PM »

I think the author tends to put too much weight on the 'AT' (away) games he mentions and too little weight on the returning O-line talent and experience. Alabama typically travels quite well probably in part because Bama is a highly disciplined, focused team that doesn't depend on that home field energy to get out there and perform (like a certain Lee county school). I don't think you could ask for a more solid offensive line group than we have returning this year.
Good point.  One thing about Arky is that they could not stop the run last year.  Bama's O'line should be able to keep Arky's offense off the field.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

There's a lot of ifs, ands, and buts involved for Bama to go undefeated this year. AJ is the biggest concern of all in staying healthy.

Do I think they can go undefeated, you bet. RTR!!  Applause E-Cred   

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

If you thought coach played ball-control last year, just wait. He will play to our strength, which, this year, is the O-line. Big experienced line with 3 or 4 able backs, 3-5 yards a carry, TOP 40 min +. I don't care what kind of offense any one has: they won't score if they can't get the ball.

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

If you thought coach played ball-control last year, just wait. He will play to our strength, which, this year, is the O-line. Big experienced line with 3 or 4 able backs, 3-5 yards a carry, TOP 40 min +. I don't care what kind of offense any one has: they won't score if they can't get the ball.

This^^

I don't think CNS will let Nuss light it up in every game. Ball control on offense keeps the defense off the field. If AJ is throwing it up a lot, we're giving the opponent's offense more time with the ball. That could prove dangerous with teams like Arky.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »

This^^

I don't think CNS will let Nuss light it up in every game. Ball control on offense keeps the defense off the field. If AJ is throwing it up a lot, we're giving the opponent's offense more time with the ball. That could prove dangerous with teams like Arky.
If the rec show that they can get open and catch the ball, make plays, as well as pass protect from the front, I think Bama will throw the ball.  Now if they get a lead then look out for the heavy dose of running.  The O cannot allow the D to crowd the line with 7/8 in the box and not make them pay for it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 251
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0