Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press releases Day 1 - part 2  (Read 858 times)
ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »

To see this email as a PDF, click here.
Or to see this in your browser, click here.

2012 ALLSTATE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Alabama Team Arrival – Player Quotes

Full videos of Coach Saban’s and Coach Miles’ press conferences will be posted on Click here for link under the “Media” tab and “BCS Quote Central” as soon as possible tonight. We will send an email when the interviews are available.

Alabama DB Mark Barron

(On if he feels its game time)

“It’s about that time. We’ve been off for a long time and we’re ready to go now. ”

(On how important the final game preparations would be for this game)

“It’s very important. When you have that much time off you might lose some of your fundamentals. It’s very important to pay attention to those details during those practices and that’s what we focused on the whole time.”

(On what they can do in the BCS Championship game differently than its previous match-up with LSU)

“Last game we missed out on a few opportunities and didn’t pay attention to detail as much as we should have. That’s something we make sure we do this game and capitalize on our opportunities that we have.”

Alabama LB Dont’a Hightower

(On brass band playing when team got off plane)

“It was something different. Something we aren’t used to in Alabama.”

(On what to expect the next couple of days)

“Guys just trying to lay back and relax. Practice has been going pretty good. We had a real good practice before we headed down so I was going to try to relax a little bit tonight. Just be more concentrated about the game than trying to have fun.”

(On the flight)

“I don’t know about everybody else, but I was asleep. I started watching a movie and then I fell asleep.”

(On rematch)

“Guys are more concentrated on being well-prepared. I feel like we are really well prepared so far. As far as practice and film study go, I feel like guys know a little bit more about the game plan than they did the first time. I’m pretty sure some of the younger guys want to go out and experience New Orleans and see what it has to offer, but I feel like some of the older guys are going to kind of hold tight and stay in the hotel for the most part. The last one was a real good game. They have good players and we have good players. They made some good calls and so did we. We just fell short, but this time around I feel like everybody absolutely knows everything they’re going to do from watching film. I feel like we got a real good game plan so we just got to go out and execute it.”

(On curfew)

“We all came together as a team and the leadership group decided that for tonight curfew will be 12 to 1 o’clock.

(On curfew changing each night)

“It’s based on how we feel about it. Coach says he’s already got it set so we’ll just take it from there. It’s already been told. As a leadership group we kind of set curfew up. So, if after practice guys want to go out and shop at the mall that’s fine, but even if you’re a minute late for curfew you’re going home. “

(On being able to play in the championship after sitting the 2010 championship out with an injury)

“It feels good. That’s something that I really wanted to do. One of our goals this year was to get back to the National Championship. I’m definitely proud to be back. I’m not one of those guys to get really excited about the game, but it’s more or less about going back and doing something I really wanted to be apart of a couple of years ago. I had that chance and opportunity in front of me and I really wanted it.”

(On team’s championship experience)

“It helps a lot. A lot of guys know how to practice and how to come about things. We’re going to step up as leaders.”

Alabama RB Trent Richardson

(On the being in New Orleans for the National Championship Game)

“After the game we had against those guys (LSU) last game, everyone is focused on being more prepared. So far, as far as practice and film study goes, a lot of guys know more than they knew last time. I feel like some of the younger guys are going to want to go out and experience New Orleans, but I feel like some of the older guys are going to hold tight and stay at our hotel. One of my goals this year was to get better and to have a chance to play in the National Championship.”

(On being more excited now that the team is in New Orleans)

“I’m not one of the guys to get too excited about the game; it’s more or less about going back and being a part of something I really wanted to be a part of a couple years ago. I have that chance to be a part of something I really wanted.”

(On if they wasted a lot of opportunities in the game against LSU this season)

“It was a real good game. They have a lot of good player just like we do and we just fell short. This time around I feel like everyone absolutely knows everything they are going to do. Just from watching film I feel like we got a lot of good read and we have a real good game plan so we just have to go out and execute.”

(On how it helps that a lot of players have been in a championship setting before)

“It helps a lot, that comes with leadership and veterans and a lot of guys know how to go out and practice and how to go about things. We are going to step up as leaders on the team and we are going to get after it.”

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 187
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0