Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tOSU's New Helmets and Jerseys For Wisconsin Will Be New Nike Pro Combat  (Read 4651 times)
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »

Click here for link

The Ohio State Buckeyes are a team pretty rich in tradition with things like dotting the I dating back to 1936. The team is seemingly looking for a new tradition in the form of its jerseys, however, as they will unveil their third different version of the Nike Pro Combat jerseys this weekend as they take on Wisconsin.

The Buckeyes are one of the few teams to get the special edition Nike uniforms three years in a row, according to the Nike Blog, although the technology has apparently "greatly improved" since last season's version.

Wonder where they came up with the idea of numbers on the helmets?

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3378

Male

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »

I like the gray face mask.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »

Looks like a Russian tank-commander's helmet.

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »

"General Patton" would have designed a better looking one.

rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1977

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

I like the sleeves from the base layer shirt. They look like "sleeve tattoos." Very "fitting" for OSU.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »

"General Patton" would have designed a better looking one.

He wasn't Russian.  And actually, it's pretty close.  Here is his design. Click here for link

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »

Look at the pearl handle revolver under his arm. My dad took me to the movie when it first came out. Mother didn't approve.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »

Look at the pearl handle revolver under his arm. My dad took me to the movie when it first came out. Mother didn't approve.

My favorite pep rally at Alabama was in 1971.  The movie "Patton" had just come out a year before.  It was dark, and everyone had gathered at Gorgas Library.  We heard a sound in the distance, and it was the prelude to the theme song for the movie.  The Million Dollar Band appeared from the darkness just as they broke into the main theme of the music, accentuated with trombones and other brass.  It sent chills up my back.

Later, when it was announced that the team and Coach Bryant wouldn't be able to attend, because they were at the practice field, I yelled, "Let's go there."  We all walked to the field, the gates were opened, and we all walked onto the practice field to cheer them.  They beat USC 17-10 that weekend.  It started with that "Patton" music.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu11QRO9BrQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu11QRO9BrQ</a>

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »

My favorite pep rally at Alabama was in 1971.  The movie "Patton" had just come out a year before.  It was dark, and everyone had gathered at Gorgas Library.  We heard a sound in the distance, and it was the prelude to the theme song for the movie.  The Million Dollar Band appeared from the darkness just as they broke into the main theme of the music, accentuated with trombones and other brass.  It sent chills up my back.

Later, when it was announced that the team and Coach Bryant wouldn't be able to attend, because they were at the practice field, I yelled, "Let's go there."  We all walked to the field, the gates were opened, and we all walked onto the practice field to cheer them.  They beat USC 17-10 that weekend.  It started with that "Patton" music.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu11QRO9BrQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu11QRO9BrQ</a>

That is a fantastic story. 

I am putting that on the home page.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »

My favorite pep rally at Alabama was in 1971.  The movie "Patton" had just come out a year before.  It was dark, and everyone had gathered at Gorgas Library.  We heard a sound in the distance, and it was the prelude to the theme song for the movie.  The Million Dollar Band appeared from the darkness just as they broke into the main theme of the music, accentuated with trombones and other brass.  It sent chills up my back.

Later, when it was announced that the team and Coach Bryant wouldn't be able to attend, because they were at the practice field, I yelled, "Let's go there."  We all walked to the field, the gates were opened, and we all walked onto the practice field to cheer them.  They beat USC 17-10 that weekend.  It started with that "Patton" music.

Dad took me to the USC game at Legion Field in 1970 which was a 42-21 blowout by USC. Then on Labor Day weekend in 1971 on Friday night we sat together in the living room and listened to John Forney on the radio for the unveiling of the 'wishbone offense' and the win in LA 17-10.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:47:24 PM by Coach Hank Crisp » Logged

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »

My favorite pep rally at Alabama was in 1971.  The movie "Patton" had just come out a year before.  It was dark, and everyone had gathered at Gorgas Library.  We heard a sound in the distance, and it was the prelude to the theme song for the movie.  The Million Dollar Band appeared from the darkness just as they broke into the main theme of the music, accentuated with trombones and other brass.  It sent chills up my back.

Later, when it was announced that the team and Coach Bryant wouldn't be able to attend, because they were at the practice field, I yelled, "Let's go there."  We all walked to the field, the gates were opened, and we all walked onto the practice field to cheer them.  They beat USC 17-10 that weekend.  It started with that "Patton" music.

Dad took me to the USC game at Legion Field in 1970 which was a 42-21 blowout by USC. Then on Labor Day weekend in 1971 on Friday night we sat together in the living room and listened to John Forney on the radio for the unveiling of the 'wishbone offense' and the win in LA 17-10.

I was there in 1970 in Birmingham as a student.  It was a blowout indeed.  The only way I can tolerate thinking about that game was the teaching moment that Coach Bryant made from it, propelling Alabama's team into the modern world of college football by recruiting Black players.

A year later we all huddled around radios, straining to hear John Forney explain the wishbone and how it made the game clock zoom past.  Suddenly the game ended in an Alabama victory, we gathered on campus to celebrate, and all danced in the fountain in front of Rose (Administration Bldg.).  Alabama had returned to prominence.

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »

I was there in 1970 in Birmingham as a student.  It was a blowout indeed.  The only way I can tolerate thinking about that game was the teaching moment that Coach Bryant made from it, propelling Alabama's team into the modern world of college football by recruiting Black players.

A year later we all huddled around radios, straining to hear John Forney explain the wishbone and how it made the game clock zoom past.  Suddenly the game ended in an Alabama victory, we gathered on campus to celebrate, and all danced in the fountain in front of Rose (Administration Bldg.).  Alabama had returned to prominence.

Click here for link

SPORTS DECEMBER 4, 2009

The Game That Changed Alabama

Rout by USC in 1970 Sowed the Seeds for Crimson Tide's Rebirth; An Epic Showdown with Florida

It was a hot and humid September evening in 1970 at Birmingham's Legion Field. The Alabama Crimson Tide, coached by the great Paul "Bear" Bryant, was in for a long night.

Bryant had already led the Tide to three national titles. But he was coming off a 6-5 season, his worst yet. Southern California, Alabama's opponent, had lost just two games in three years.

If past is prologue in sport, it is particularly so in college football, where there is continuity and depth of tradition. What happened that day nearly 40 years ago is arguably the seminal moment in Crimson Tide football?the one that's most responsible for what the program is today: an immensely talented team preparing to play No. 1 Florida Saturday in a Southeastern Conference title-game showdown. The second-ranked Tide is a team that has attracted the best talent available and embraced it?a coach from West Virginia, a black kid from Michigan who may win the school's first Heisman Trophy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 245
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0