Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent Calloway Arrested  (Read 12858 times)
McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »

BC will pay a stiff price for this.  CNS will not let one guy damage the reputation of Bama's program as being a place where mommas & papas can be comfortable sending their kids.  CNS will try to get BC turned around and some of the older guys will get in his face and hopefully his head.  If this doesn't work, his days at Bama are numberd with a small number.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 02:08:54 PM »

Well what ever happen to Robby Green I guess didn't work so do you come down harder to prevent others or do you let him do a small penalty and everybody else ahha no problem I can do that too. I wouldn't want to be in CNS shoes'. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »

I believe RG was given a 2nd chance and blew it. Let's hope BC is smarter.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »

I remember hearing this. CNS decides the punishment for any violation of team rules. It may be predetermined or he decides case by case, IDK. Then there is a discipline board made up of upperclassmen team leaders. They decide what, if any, additional punishment a player should get. CNS thinks it is very important for the players to be involved so the guys being punished don't think the coaches are too hard on them and too light on others.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »

I remember hearing this. CNS decides the punishment for any violation of team rules. It may be predetermined or he decides case by case, IDK. Then there is a discipline board made up of upperclassmen team leaders. They decide what, if any, additional punishment a player should get. CNS thinks it is very important for the players to be involved so the guys being punished don't think the coaches are too hard on them and too light on others.

And it kind of makes the upperclassmen maintain those standards, by acting in that capacity. Ya know, I think this Saban fella just might work out.  Cool
bamalum67
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

Male

bamalum67

Bama born and Bama bred

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »

I say BS to all this..kick him to the curb..after all has been said to him about rules, regs, being a football player at BAMA requiring moral integrity, and he STILL manages to be stupid..well, ya can't fix stupid! 

The team is worth more than one stupid football player.  And don't tell me he just a kid..he's got a brain doesn't he?  If being on a NC caliber football team with a chance that 99% of young men his age will NEVER get isn't enough for him, TFB!

!1@#$%^&! CNS should not waste his time on this dumbarse.

Signs of the times with highly recruited athletes..they are used to people fawning all over them, and them doing whatever pleases them..that mentality has ruined many a good athlete.

You can flame me, take away the e-creds, whatever, I am just sick and tired of this kind of crap.

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight..it's the size of the fight in the dog"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

I say BS to all this..kick him to the curb..after all has been said to him about rules, regs, being a football player at BAMA requiring moral integrity, and he STILL manages to be stupid..well, ya can't fix stupid! 

The team is worth more than one stupid football player.  And don't tell me he just a kid..he's got a brain doesn't he?  If being on a NC caliber football team with a chance that 99% of young men his age will NEVER get isn't enough for him, TFB!

Signs of the times with highly recruited athletes..they are used to people fawning all over them, and them doing whatever pleases them..that mentality has ruined many a good athlete.

You can flame me, take away the e-creds, whatever, I am just sick and tired of this kind of crap.

Have an e-cred '67.  Your love and passion for Alabama is second to none..

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »

Laughing I haven't laughed so hard since the last time I saw "Schindler's List".

JK, 67. You're right about him being a bonehead kid, but I have to subscribe to the  2 strikes you're out and work his tail off for strike 1 rule.
bamalum67
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

Male

bamalum67

Bama born and Bama bred

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »

Good Lord, don't you think this player had ALL the rules and regs read to him, prob. even got a handbook listing all of it..NCAA rules, etc. And he is still dumb enough to think he can defy them and get away with it.

Listen, Yeah, I was young once and did some dumb things..but I knew what the law said and what would send me to jail or get me fired, so I avoided those things.  At my jobs (since 13 yrs old), there were rules to be followed, I followed them because I needed the jobs (family, school, food, rent,etc)

Here we have a young man who has flagrantly decided his wants were greater than the TEAM, greater than the "PROCESS", and more important than anything else. He does not care about the rules, the process, the NCAA rulebook, his teammates, his coaches, ANYTHING but WHAT HE WANTS...his actions have proven that. Where/what are his values?

Never mind all the crap about Trooper and the Barn..that was surely enough for me wo all this crap...but now that it has happened, all the more reason to say goodbye to a player that does not understand why it is important to obey rules.

Just the way I fell about it..How many HS players would give their left nad to even suit up and stand on the sidelines? How many of his teammates sweated thru all the training and practice, suffering aches, pains, etc. just for the chance to get some reps in practice?

IMHO, CNS should make this player an example..heck, he's almost got to now.. All the publicity we've been getting, and deservedly so, will cause the media and the ncaa pukes to dig a little deeper on ANYTHING that goes wrong now.  Nevermind all the heat we could get from the boogs, the Ucheats, anybody else.  CNS has built up a rep for BAMA and the program, and to let this slide will do a lot of damage to that.

People, just remember what we went thru with some previous coaches..Shula, to name one..because he gave some players a 2nd and 3rd chance when he should have dismissed them.  We dreamed about the day we'd have our program back in the sunshine, didn't we?  Now that we do..a NC, and another one looming, and good things coming for the foreseeable future..would you want to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear?  Not me!

Now with all that said, I have no idea what CNS will do in this case..I am behind him 100%...He is a great coach, more than that, I think he is a morally upright man..I only hope he values the reputation of the University and the program as much as he does any value BC has to a team he (BC) has shown his backside to.
Nuff said, I will post no more on this subject.

.let's beat the hell outta Ucheat!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight..it's the size of the fight in the dog"
lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »

I'm gonna say this again.  Coach Saban put Jimmy Johns on the road after dealing with a number of "opportunities".  He'll deal with Callaway fairly and immediately.  Go BAMA, beat the viles!
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »

hummm ...

smoke some hootch ?  or play football for Alabama ?  lets see ....

uhh ...   duh .... huh .... BC is a DA   Angry

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »

Aaron Douglas was buried this summer because he fooled around with drugs and he knew better. Do you think Calloway knew about Douglas and what happened to him for fooling around with drugs.

Then there's the team rules for illegal drugs, do you think Calloway knows about the team rules.

I'm sorry, I have no compassion for Calloway or anyone else on the team that's involved with drugs in any way. This man knew about Douglas and he knows the team rules but yet he fools around with the stuff.

I don't care if he quits right now, there are a lot of young men that are clean and would give up anything just to have a chance to play for the Crimson Tide.

It seems to me they take these chances with the drugs knowing they will get a second chance so what heck, go ahead and do your thing. Maybe giving second chances isn't always the best way. JMO

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »

In society today there are different standards than when a lot of us grew up.  We learned by tough love.  I hate to say it, but these days are not the same.   First, the young man made a huge mistake.  He does need to be punished.  Also, I would look at his "record" since he has been there.  Has he been a problem, etc.  Many of you know that in college many of these guys think they are invincible.  I am disappointed about this for the Bama program.  I am not against giving him a second chance with a very short leash.  I will support the decision CNS makes because I believe it will be what is best for the team.
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1977

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

As far as the A.D. comparison, there is a huge difference between smoking weed, and mixing multi prescription pills, along with booze. Lets say rolling through a stop sign compared to purposefully driving through a school zone, at 120 mph, blind folded.

Pot on college campus = to beer anywhere else.

I had a member of the '92 sugar bowl team look me in the eye and tell me that Jay Barker was the only player on that team that did NOT smoke pot.

Mark Barron was arrested for the same thing. No, not pot, aggravated stupidity. It happens, their in college. And they are still young.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »

I've been real impressed with the OVERALL conduct of our players. I also realize that all the flaming in the world won't fix crotchety. 

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 199
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0