Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Day  (Read 1227 times)
lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:41:57 PM »

I know the game will be on ESPN.  Anyone know where/if there will be streaming of the Denny Chimes/Walk of Champions pregame and/or the National Championship celebration post game?  I've looked at the SEC Network and Rolltide.com sites and don't see anything.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »

Just watched the replay of the A Day game. Lots of raw talent, and a lot of normal starters did not play. To me, there were 6 players who really stood out:

1. Bryce Young - Very talented, quick and smart. The more practice he has with what will be his starting receivers, the better he will become. Made some great plays but also made some mistakes.

2. Cameron Latu - Caught a long TD pass for a TD. Fast and physical TE. Gonna be a goodun.

3 and 4. Roydell Williams and Chase McClellan - Both performed well running the ball and catching passes out of the backfield.

5. 'Koolaid' McKinstry - True freshman, but will be the next lockdown CB. Count on it. This kid is the real deal.

6. Agiye Hall - Holy cow! Another true freshman who played an outstanding game. Think Julio Jones but with the hands of Smitty. This guy is going to be a superstar!

We'll know more in the fall, but I was not unhappy with what I saw today.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 07:40:15 AM »

Thanks 2stater. It sounds like what I saw on youtube. With the loss of players this year I am surprised we don't have a lot of players transferring with all the great talent we have on this team. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 07:42:25 AM »

Thanks 2stater. It sounds like what I saw on youtube. With the loss of players this year I am surprised we don't have a lot of players transferring with all the great talent we have on this team. RTR!

It'll happen Preacher. We lose some every year. We are very deep at most positions right now.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »

couple of things from A day game:
QB young has a quick release and his arm seems to be stronger than you would think. Even when scrambling he tends to keep his eyes downfield looking to throw the ball.  He seems to have a little quickness which allows him to make a quick move and keep the play alive.   Because of his height, the OL is going to have to keep the pocket clean.

Rec:  Bama is loaded.  Don't know the exact numbers, but several different recs made catches, and some were very good catches whether they counted or not.  They also seem to make yards after the catch.  TE's are probably 3 deep or more.

RB:  Again they seem to be in great shape here with the ability to keep fresh legs in the game at all times.  I didn't really see what type of pass blockers they are.

OL: Hard to get a great read here.  I did see some youngsters who will need work. 

Dl: Looked to be deep especially with those that didn't play. 

LB:  Moody looks like he could be a player.  Tends to get to the ball quickly.  Also, a couple of edge rushers showed they could get in the backfield in a hurry.

DB:  safety position looks good and there are quality athletes for corner position to go along with Jobe.  Question is can they handle the complicated defense of Saban.  Pretty sure they were very vanilla during the game.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 04:58:49 PM »

QB young has a quick release and his arm seems to be stronger than you would think. Even when scrambling he tends to keep his eyes downfield looking to throw the ball.  He seems to have a little quickness which allows him to make a quick move and keep the play alive.   Because of his height, the OL is going to have to keep the pocket clean.

Rec:  Bama is loaded.  Don't know the exact numbers, but several different recs made catches, and some were very good catches whether they counted or not.  They also seem to make yards after the catch.  TE's are probably 3 deep or more.

RB:  Again they seem to be in great shape here with the ability to keep fresh legs in the game at all times.  I didn't really see what type of pass blockers they are.

OL: Hard to get a great read here.  I did see some youngsters who will need work. 

LB:  Moody looks like he could be a player.  Tends to get to the ball quickly.  Also, a couple of edge rushers showed they could get in the backfield in a hurry.

DB:  safety position looks good and there are quality athletes for corner position to go along with Jobe.  Question is can they handle the complicated defense of Saban.  Pretty sure they were very vanilla during the game.

I agree with you coach, and I think Bryce Young's ceiling is very high, but he's still a little rough around the edges. I think fall practice will help round him out. And yes, the O line is really going to have to come together and gel to give him protection and time in the pocket.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 07:27:28 AM »

I agree with you coach, and I think Bryce Young's ceiling is very high, but he's still a little rough around the edges. I think fall practice will help round him out. And yes, the O line is really going to have to come together and gel to give him protection and time in the pocket.

One thing I think he needs to improve on is: Taking Charge of the Team on the Field. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »

I watched the ESPN replay of the game, which included the final 9 minutes that was cut off during the original broadcast.  There were 3 turnovers then; 2 fumbles and an int.  Some good hits by the D.  Also some good play by Bryce.  Good stuff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 182
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0