Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Officiating in game yesterday  (Read 3471 times)
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2018, 10:37:25 AM »

I was really troubled by the officiating in the game yesterday. From the fumble that wasn't caught, to their touchdown that wasn't recognized,plus their offensive line holding, and their defensive backs holding on almost every play Huh?
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »

I was really troubled by the officiating in the game yesterday. From the fumble that wasn't caught, to their touchdown that wasn't recognized,plus their offensive line holding, and their defensive backs holding on almost every play Huh?

The defensive backs holding was the worst.  It's really affecting our game and ruining Tua's pass stats.  LSU did it regularly.

The Harris fumble was iffy.  I forgive them that one.

The endzone push-that-wasn't penalty was due to the proximity of the ref, who couldn't see whether the DB pushed or not, and the DB's reaction (raising his hands as if begging for a no call).

But the SEC can do better.  
And to their credit, the MSU coaches and players didn't biitch about it in the post-game interviews.  But I'm sure their fans will.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »

The defensive backs holding was the worst.  It's really affecting our game and ruining Tua's pass stats.  LSU did it regularly.

The Harris fumble was iffy.  I forgive them that one.

The endzone push-that-wasn't penalty was due to the proximity of the ref, who couldn't see whether the DB pushed or not, and the DB's reaction (raising his hands as if begging for a no call).

But the SEC can do better.  
And to their credit, the MSU coaches and players didn't biitch about it in the post-game interviews.  But I'm sure their Auburn fans will.

FIFY
McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 09:49:06 PM »

The stuff the refs are NOT calling is too obvious.  Gotta hope Bama is sending lots of tape to the league office.

SEC refs have been really bad for several years.  I thought last year and this one they had gotten a little better, but after LSU & MSU -- naah.  They're just as bad as ever.

On Damien's non-fumble, I'm told that if any part of the leg above the foot touches the ground, then the player is "down."  I can't recall if that was the case on this play.
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:14 PM »

I have serious doubts that the REC is getting their monies worth...  Lips Sealed

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 05:43:54 AM »

I have serious doubts that the REC is getting their monies worth...  Lips Sealed
Laughing

Maybe J can chime in and help clarify.   

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 06:30:04 AM »

On Damien's non-fumble, I'm told that if any part of the leg above the foot touches the ground, then the player is "down."  I can't recall if that was the case on this play.

That's definitely the rule.  Gary said his knee wasn't down about 87 times, but any part of the leg other than the foot touching the ground makes you down.  Same with any part of the arm other than the hand.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 06:38:14 AM »

On Damien's non-fumble, I'm told that if any part of the leg above the foot touches the ground, then the player is "down."  I can't recall if that was the case on this play.

That's definitely the rule.  Gary said his knee wasn't down about 87 times, but any part of the leg other than the foot touching the ground makes you down.  Same with any part of the arm other than the hand.

1.  It was close.  The refs didn't call it a fumble, so it prolly wouldn't have been overturned.  But I could see it either way.

2.  Gary Danielsen should have been flagged for constantly saying it was a foul, when even he knew it wasn't a certainty.  He was appeasing the 10M fans watching who were hoping for an upset.

3.  The phantom block that cost MSU a TD was due to the ref being out of position to see it.  The ref was at the goalline, where he should have been, but the "block" was in the endzone.  The player blocked was between the blocker and ref, so the ref didn't have the correct view to see it.  The blocker acted guilty, so the idiot ref called it.

4.  Gary Danielsen jumped on the phantom block like a fox on a mouse, and couldn't wait to feed the conspiracy nuts.

bama57
Coach Xen Scott

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »

Will Paul Finebaum mention this today
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »

Of course he did!
He led with news that the MSU AD had contacted the SEC about it.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »

On Damien's non-fumble, I'm told that if any part of the leg above the foot touches the ground, then the player is "down."  I can't recall if that was the case on this play.

That's definitely the rule.  Gary said his knee wasn't down about 87 times, but any part of the leg other than the foot touching the ground makes you down.  Same with any part of the arm other than the hand.

1.  It was close.  The refs didn't call it a fumble, so it prolly wouldn't have been overturned.  But I could see it either way.

2.  Gary Danielsen should have been flagged for constantly saying it was a foul, when even he knew it wasn't a certainty.  He was appeasing the 10M fans watching who were hoping for an upset.

3.  The phantom block that cost MSU a TD was due to the ref being out of position to see it.  The ref was at the goalline, where he should have been, but the "block" was in the endzone.  The player blocked was between the blocker and ref, so the ref didn't have the correct view to see it.  The blocker acted guilty, so the idiot ref called it.

4.  Gary Danielsen jumped on the phantom block like a fox on a mouse, and couldn't wait to feed the conspiracy nuts.

To point #3 above, the Bama player that was being blocked fell which further made the ref that was out of position think that he had been blocked in the back by the blocker that acted guilty...

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 03:50:27 PM »

To point #3 above, the Bama player that was being blocked fell which further made the ref that was out of position think that he had been blocked in the back by the blocker that acted guilty...

... and if you watch the play again, you'll see that the MSU player tripped the DB with his foot, which is why the DB stumbled forward in the first pacle.

bama57
Coach Xen Scott

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »

Of course he did!

I trust Paul to milk this for all he can
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »

Of course he did!

He'll milk it, as always, but he also dismissed callers who suggested 'Bama bias', and called Carville an idiot for suggesting it.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

Of course he did!

He'll milk it, as always, but he also dismissed callers who suggested 'Bama bias', and called Carville an idiot for suggesting it.

I HATE it when I have to agree with PF... Angry Angry Angry

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 175
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts
Spring FB Transfer Portal by McBaman
[Yesterday at 09:39:24 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by Chechem
[Yesterday at 01:45:00 PM]

[Yesterday at 01:42:51 PM]

Re: College Hoops Fans React to John Calipari Reportedly Leaving Kentucky for Arkans by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:21:06 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:18:30 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:34:49 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:26:47 AM]

[April 10, 2024, 02:29:00 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[April 10, 2024, 02:20:36 PM]

More