Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama Softball - Opening Day  (Read 4561 times)
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »

Alabama opened it's softball season today with a game against Fordham in the UCF Classic in Orlando, FL.

Bama defeated Fordam 9-1 in 5 innings,

Freshman pitcher Madi Moore scattered 4 hits, 1 run, while walking 2 and striking out 2.

Bama had 9 hits, 2 each by McCleney, Turner, and Lafaele.

Will Play UCF later today.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »

Hey Lee, good to see that you are on top of the softball team.

It's was good to see Maddi come out and get that first win. During fall practice she seemed to need a lot of improvement to pitch at the college level but that was because she was hurt her whole senior season in high school and hadn't had much work with her pitching. Only walking 2 is a big plus because her control was her big problem last fall.

The next game starts at 5:30 pm

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »

Thanks Jamos, It's a cold dreary day here in middle Tennessee.  Doesn't seem like softball weather, but I'm ready.  Wish I had better access than thru gametracker.  I've not been able to hook up with any of the live streaming broadcasts.

I appreciate all the pre season information you've posted.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »

Thanks Jamos, It's a cold dreary day here in middle Tennessee.  Doesn't seem like softball weather, but I'm ready.  Wish I had better access than thru gametracker.  I've not been able to hook up with any of the live streaming broadcasts.

We have some nice weather for a change but it is short lived as more of the cold stuff is coming back in a couple of days. Seeing Maddi Moore pitch and win really excites me, Bama needs her in a bad way. Littlejohn and Osorio will need her help before this season is over and plus she is a left hander, something the team has needed for a while. The pitching staff got a little short with the loss of the pitcher from Arkansas.

Hope you can get a chance to come down this year, I've got a couple of extra tickets. Wink
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:36:18 PM by Jamos » Logged

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »

Thanks Jamos, It's a cold dreary day here in middle Tennessee.  Doesn't seem like softball weather, but I'm ready.  Wish I had better access than thru gametracker.  I've not been able to hook up with any of the live streaming broadcasts.

Most of the softball games are on the radio. The same link you use to get gametracker has a link for Live Audio. The link takes you to WFFN 93.5 The Bear which is a Tuscaloosa station.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »

Most of the softball games are on the radio. The same link you use to get gametracker has a link for Live Audio. The link takes you to WFFN 93.5 The Bear which is a Tuscaloosa station.

Thanks pmull, I couldn't remember what station they were on.

Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 07:29:08 PM »

Thanks pmull,  I have been trying all afternoon to get that link to work for me. It would take me to the station but the live stream wouldn't load.  Tried it several times then gave up. Tried it again tonight with same results. I switched browsers from Firefox which I normally use to Google Chrome and bingo I got connected.

Am listening to the UCF game in which Bama trails 7-0 after 5.
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »

Second Game against UCF

Bama loses 8-1

Bama had 1 run on 3 hits and 3 errors.

Littlejohn had a rough outing, gave up 8 runs on 11 hits.

UCF's #3 and #4 hitters were 7 for 8 with 6 RBI's.

UCF pitcher had 9 strike outs.

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »

Second Game against UCF

Bama loses 8-1

Bama had 1 run on 3 hits and 3 errors.

Littlejohn had a rough outing, gave up 8 runs on 11 hits.

UCF's #3 and #4 hitters were 7 for 8 with 6 RBI's.

UCF pitcher had 9 strike outs.

Wow, sounds like we are going to have to get our ducks in a row. We run rough shod for a few years and I guess I for one thought we would do it again this year. We will be ok. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 05:44:24 AM »

Applause E-Cred

E-cred for Lee.   

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 06:10:17 AM »

Applause E-Cred

E-cred for Lee.   

Indeed, great to see him posting again. Applause E-Cred

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 06:17:58 AM »

Before I pass any judgement on the loss yesterday I need to find out more about the UCF team, I'm thinking they had a pretty good team last year and their pitcher must be good as well because Bama has some bats. An early season loss can do a lot for the team because the coaches don't have to remind the players that they need to work harder on their game.

My biggest concern is how well UCF hit Littlejohn, that is not good but again, UCF could be a quality ranked team.

Google is my friend.

UCF
The Knights are coming off one of the best seasons in program history. UCF finished with a program-record 50 wins last season and led the country with a team ERA of 0.93. The Knights also posted the second-highest fielding percentage in the nation.

Senior Shelby Turnier headlines a highly-decorated list of returners. Turnier, a member of the 2016 USA Softball Top 50 Watch List, led the nation with a 0.87 ERA in 2015 and became the first NFCA All-American in program history. Seniors Samantha McCloskey, the 2015 AAC Tournament MVP, and Jessica Ujvari, the reigning AAC Player of the Year, join senior Kalyn Cenal, who led the Knights with 11 home runs last season, as powers at the plate.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:23:06 AM by Jamos » Logged

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 06:24:40 AM »

Before I pass any judgement on the loss yesterday I need to find out more about the UCF team, I'm thinking they had a pretty good team last year and their pitcher must be good as well because Bama has some bats. An early season loss can do a lot for the team because the coaches don't have to remind the players that they need to work harder on their game.

My biggest concern is how well UCF hit Littlejohn, that is not good but again, UCF could be a quality ranked team.

Google is my friend.

UCF
The Knights are coming off one of the best seasons in program history. UCF finished with a program-record 50 wins last season and led the country with a team ERA of 0.93. The Knights also posted the second-highest fielding percentage in the nation.

Senior Shelby Turnier headlines a highly-decorated list of returners. Turnier, a member of the 2016 USA Softball Top 50 Watch List, led the nation with a 0.87 ERA in 2015 and became the first NFCA All-American in program history. Seniors Samantha McCloskey, the 2015 AAC Tournament MVP, and Jessica Ujvari, the reigning AAC Player of the Year, join senior Kalyn Cenal, who led the Knights with 11 home runs last season, as powers at the plate.

Sounds like Bama ran into a UCF buzz saw.   

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 06:35:09 AM »

Google is my friend.

UCF

Sounds like Bama ran into a UCF buzz saw.   

Yes they did, I saw their pitcher last year on a tv game and she was good. I think this was a good loss if there is such a thing. Michigan did the same to them last year and the team grew from that and ended up in Oklahoma City. Nothing like haven't your yard stick handed to you in your first real test.

Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »

Applause E-Cred

E-cred for Lee.   

Indeed, great to see him posting again. Applause E-Cred
Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 137
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0