Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** Official CRS CFB Pick 'em DISCUSSION ***  (Read 238378 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »

I struggled with Florida @ Kentucky. With the points, I see them looking ahead to the Tide.

Right, but we both know that Kentucky has been playing like Vandy this year and Florida is starting to look like Florida.  

On the other hand, Vandy has started looking like Georgia...  

19 is too many points with UK at home coming off the embarrasing loss to Louisville, add Florida looking ahead.  UF 34, UK 21

For whatever reason Florida always has trouble winning at Kentucky and never seems to cover the point spread there  

That was also the reason behind my pick. I just don't see Florida covering 19 at UK. Both teams have pretty good defenses.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »

I just changed a setting that will allow you to edit your post for up to 10 days so that everyone can go back and change their picks without requiring a mod.  I had this set to 1 day to prevent people from going back and changing old posts after people had already replied to it.  I will leave it at 10 days until I get the web page finished for entering your picks on a form, but I will probably change it back once that form is finished.  You will be able to edit your picks on the form right up until the deadline.

I have made some pretty good progress on several of the web pages.  So far these or informational pages that allow you to see things like final scores, what the score was with the points added to the underdog, what the correct pick should have been, what different people picked with a check mark beside the ones they got correct, etc.  I may turn some of those pages on for everybody sometime this weekend.
Has someone been ripping off the "Pick 'Em" contest? It wasn't Jamos was it? Cause let me know if it was Jamos--I just gave him an e-cred for winning. Was it Jamos?

Hmmm, hope not but if I did it was because 2 showed me how!  Smiley

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2011, 03:24:04 PM »

I just changed a setting that will allow you to edit your post for up to 10 days so that everyone can go back and change their picks without requiring a mod.  I had this set to 1 day to prevent people from going back and changing old posts after people had already replied to it.  I will leave it at 10 days until I get the web page finished for entering your picks on a form, but I will probably change it back once that form is finished.  You will be able to edit your picks on the form right up until the deadline.

I have made some pretty good progress on several of the web pages.  So far these or informational pages that allow you to see things like final scores, what the score was with the points added to the underdog, what the correct pick should have been, what different people picked with a check mark beside the ones they got correct, etc.  I may turn some of those pages on for everybody sometime this weekend.
Has someone been ripping off the "Pick 'Em" contest? It wasn't Jamos was it? Cause let me know if it was Jamos--I just gave him an e-cred for winning. Was it Jamos?

It will show "last edited by" with the time, so don't get any ideas.  This was more to keep some trouble maker from going back to a post that was a month old and totally changing it so that the replies are out of context:

Trouble Post:  Nick Saban is the best coach ever.
BAMAWV Reply:  I couldn't agree more.

Now a month later Trouble goes back and changes his to:  I hate Nick Saban.  We need to fire him.

BAMAWV never even knows the post was edited so his still says the same thing.  I can't think of any legitimate reason to edit an old post.  If there was a typo or something, just leave it.  It has been in there the whole time, there is no need to change it a month later.

Then we started doing the pickem game and suddenly there is a legitimate need to edit a post for a few days.  But that will go away once the web pages are done, and I will probably revert it back to 1 day.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2011, 03:26:30 PM »

Laughing You can look at my picks and tell that ain't true.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »

It will show "last edited by" with the time, so don't get any ideas.  This was more to keep some trouble maker from going back to a post that was a month old and totally changing it so that the replies are out of context:

Trouble Post:  Nick Saban is the best coach ever.
BAMAWV Reply:  I couldn't agree more.

Now a month later Trouble goes back and changes his to:  I hate Nick Saban.  We need to fire him.

BAMAWV never even knows the post was edited so his still says the same thing.  I can't think of any legitimate reason to edit an old post.  If there was a typo or something, just leave it.  It has been in there the whole time, there is no need to change it a month later.

Then we started doing the pickem game and suddenly there is a legitimate need to edit a post for a few days.  But that will go away once the web pages are done, and I will probably revert it back to 1 day.

There are some folks that really take the internet chatting to another level, for whatever reason.  Huh?

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »

I looked at yours and picked the opposite.  Rolling on the floor lauging

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »

I knew you were a smart man. Cool
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

I knew you were a smart man. Cool

We are a team! Dancing

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »

Too much importance placed on tiebreaker. It should only be used in the case of a tie for first. Nothing more. 

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »

Too much importance placed on tiebreaker. It should only be used in the case of a tie for first. Nothing more. 

So how do you decide who gets 2nd?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »

Then stop tying people.

It only matters in weekly e-cred awards, it doesn't carry over.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »

Then stop tying people.

Then change the title of the contest to Guess the yardage or something and Pick Em Contest I realize the title may be a little long but it is what it is-- a guessing game.

Wait,--you mean the standings each week are not to be averaged at the end of the season for a champion?

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:24 PM »

Then stop tying people.

Then change the title of the contest to Guess the yardage or something and Pick Em Contest I realize the title may be a little long but it is what it is-- a guessing game.

Wait,--you mean the standings each week are not to be averaged at the end of the season for a champion?

No, total correct, this is not NASCAR.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »

So how do you decide who gets 2nd?
You decide a tie for first by the tiebreaker. But if, say, we have a 5 way tie for third, the tiebreaker (as it is now) kicks in. But the big boys count it as:

But technically, I cannot discuss this with you until morning since I already said, "goodnight".

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »

Then stop tying people.

No, total correct, this is not NASCAR.
Bwaaaaa!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 198
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0