Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRS Coach's Corner: SEC Championship  (Read 3122 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »

The game was pretty much labeled as a David versus Goliath battle due to the lack of offense that Florida had shown this season but for a long time the Florida defense made the game look like two Goliaths were battling each other as neither team got to the end zone very often. I'm not sure though if the Florida defense was that good or Alabama was just missing their blocking assignments again, which has been somewhat of a common occurrence this year. We can all thank God that we have a running back named Derrick Henry who has bailed us out of those not so good game days so far.

Derrick Henry has got to be the best running back in Alabama history. There have been some very good running backs play for Bama but none with the energy and physicality that Henry possesses. This young man is none tiring as he pounds the line of scrimmage play after play, when there aren't any holes to run through, but refuses to come out. Players like Derrick are very rare, especially to have been in the game for so many plays and have very few injuries. If there is a player that will missed on the team next year, it is Derrick Henry.

There were some big plays yesterday that bailed Bama out of a big jam. Two of the plays were long passes to the goal line which really kept the game from being a nail biter at the end. Steward and Ridley came through when it was most needed with their superb catches and I do mean much needed. Anytime you play a team and you are a prolific favorite, it's best not to let the opponent hang around because bad things seem to happen and before you know it, you are beat. I had started to get that queasy feeling until Henry began to make his now expected second half rushing performances to allow Bama to do more things offensively and we got the two passes that accounted for fourteen points. I didn't think Florida could overcome Bama at that point and time in the game even though they did get some points late in the game to make the game seem closer than it was.

It was a big win yesterday because it was for a conference championship which puts Bama back in the National Championship playoffs again. The SEC Championship was their first team goal for the season and now the real test is here, their second goal which is another National Championship. We all remember last year as Alabama laid an egg against Ohio State in a game that everyone thought would be a cake walk for Bama. I wonder how many folks and players think that Michigan State will be a cake walk in the upcoming game? I hope the team hasn't forgotten last year and can remember that feeling after the Ohio State blowout and how it felt after the game when everyone wanted to know what had happened to them. How could they have lost to Ohio State? It was plain and simple, Ohio State wanted it more. They didn't have a resume declaring themselves unbeatable and should have have been playing in the NFL on Sundays. This is what Bama has got to remember and let this prepare them for another big battle, they have got to play as the underdog, with lots of energy and desire and not as the favorite as I think the team played like yesterday.

I am somewhat concerned with the latest incidents with the team, the talk of coaching changes. Distractions are something that CNS fights against every day but sometimes he has no control of the matter(s). This is the case now as Kirby Smart is rumored to be the next head coach at Georgia and the possibility of Kiffen and Cristobal leaving as well. It's bad timing for the team preparations for the playoffs but again, it's part of the game as coaches come and go and you never know when it might happen. It will take some very good coaching in the days ahead to keep the players minds where they need to be but Bama has the best at doing that in CNS.

The table has been set for the Crimson Tide and they should know how to handle it but only time will tell. Roll Tide!!!

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »

Right now they are so deep in the season, the coaching distractions should not be a problem unless they allow them too.  The players know their jobs and should be able to perform at the  top level.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »

Right now they are so deep in the season, the coaching distractions should not be a problem unless they allow them too.  The players know their jobs and should be able to perform at the  top level.

That's my fear. After last year's debacle in the playoff game I'm a bit skittish about anything pertaining to the news media.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »

I expect that what happened last year is going to motivate this team to finish strong, much like the 2008 team that came back focused the next year.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
bamaphil
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2962

bamaphil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »

I don't know if the team bought into the hype that OSU was going to be a cakewalk or not, and they did start the game strong before OSU came back.  It was also a tough game to prepare for because no one really knew what to expect from C. Jones at QB. 

MSU is a great matchup for Bama because they're offense is the type of offense Bama is built to dominate.  MSU hasn't faced a defense as good as Bama's, and I think they'll find it very difficult to move the football and wear Bama down as they did against Iowa.  I feel good about the first playoff game.  I remain worried about Bama having to face Oklahoma, who I think will cruise past Clemson.   
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »

Thanks, J. Once again, great insights. Florida gave us their best shot, but with our depth, we wore them down. I was very impressed with Florida's D. At times, it seemed like Coker was better at throwing into triple coverage than Harris was. 

Very proud that this team fought their way to a second consecutive SEC championship. It was a total uphill battle after the loss to Ole Miss.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 06:10:46 AM »

Great job, Jamos.
Agree that coaching-hire distractions and other in-house issues may be our worst enemy during the next few weeks.  CNS needs to keep their attention on the prize.

Jamos and hscoach are old school, and understand DEFENSE.  But I'm a bit baffled by everyone who is surprised that we didn't run through Florida's defense.  FLORIDA'S DEFENSE IS ELITE!  They have speed everywhere.  We talked about this before the game (see below), but everyone seemed to focus on the UF offense (lack thereof).

Click here for link

Click here for link

Click here for link

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:12:52 AM by Chechem » Logged

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »

Great job, Jamos.
Agree that coaching-hire distractions and other in-house issues may be our worst enemy during the next few weeks.  CNS needs to keep their attention on the prize.

Jamos and hscoach are old school, and understand DEFENSE.  But I'm a bit baffled by everyone who is surprised that we didn't run through Florida's defense.  FLORIDA'S DEFENSE IS ELITE!  They have speed everywhere.  We talked about this before the game (see below), but everyone seemed to focus on the UF offense (lack thereof).

Click here for link

Click here for link

Click here for link

That elite defense held us to 437 yds. 
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:02:46 AM »

Great job, Jamos.

Click here for link

Click here for link

Click here for link

That elite defense held us to 437 yds. 

They had NO (ZERO) offense.  We had the ball the entire game.  We'd have run up 900 yards on anyone else in the SEC East.

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »

I remain worried about Bama having to face Oklahoma, who I think will cruise past Clemson.   

I am with you on this one for sure. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »

I remain worried about Bama having to face Oklahoma, who I think will cruise past Clemson.   

I am with you on this one for sure. RTR!
I look at the OK game as a challenge, I'm sure CNS hasn't forgotten the last time we played them!
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »

Rickey, in the Sugar bowl , AJ McCarron had a bad day. Yeldon gave up a costly fumble inside their 20
but I bet they still remember Mr. Herny
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrRNVv9Cms" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrRNVv9Cms</a>
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »

Rickey, in the Sugar bowl , AJ McCarron had a bad day. Yeldon gave up a costly fumble inside their 20
but I bet they still remember Mr. Herny
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrRNVv9Cms" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrRNVv9Cms</a>

Yes 57, I know what you are saying but what about Utah and the one before that. Dog gone I can't remember who we played in the Sugar Bowl before Utah, guess old age is settin in. lol. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »

I think our defense is much improved since we last saw Oklahoma.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 126
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts
Spring FB Transfer Portal by McBaman
[Yesterday at 09:39:24 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by Chechem
[Yesterday at 01:45:00 PM]

[Yesterday at 01:42:51 PM]

Re: College Hoops Fans React to John Calipari Reportedly Leaving Kentucky for Arkans by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:21:06 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:18:30 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:34:49 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:26:47 AM]

[April 10, 2024, 02:29:00 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[April 10, 2024, 02:20:36 PM]

More