Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Football and Friendships  (Read 7616 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »

A friendship is something that I cherish most in life and college athletics is right beside it. I sometimes hear folks say that they don't have many friends and that bothers me some because being alone has to be a terrible feeling in life.

After arriving home from the game last night Mrs. J and I talked about how good it was to see our old friends at the game but most of all, making new friends as well.Our tailgate party at Bama's games aren't the biggest or the most extravagant as some are but we do have a nice crowd at the premier games and attract some different people from different places each game. This is what intrigues me most and as in most cases I get a chance to see all of my old friends and get to meet all of the new ones there and create a new friendship. Yesterday was no exception. We had folks from as far away as Hawaii and Connecticut and we had one in particular from Mississippi that I have chated with many times on our CRS forum and had been hoping that someday I would get a chance to meet him in person. I wasn't dissappointed at all, I had envisioned what he might be like from the things that he posts on the forum and I was pretty much right as to what he may be like in real life. There was another there from our forum but he is one of my old friends that I always look forward to seeing again, it's always a good time. This the same for all of you that are members of CRS, someday I hope to meet more of you and make some more friends, maybe in the near future that will be possible.

The ballgame was a good one with very nice weather and two good teams, plus the game turned out to be as most folks predicted, very competitive. If you are a Bama fan you can boast about the win as Bama is in the hunt for another National Championship but I came away with a better feeling that just winning the game, Mrs. J and I made some new friends all because of the football game.

Someday maybe we will get to meet some of you that read this at out tailgate party or at a ballgame, that would be my wish.  Cheesy Roll Tide!!

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

Okay, okay Jamos.  You've guilted me into returning your wallet.
I admit, I stole it yesterday at the tailgating!   

Seriously, that's a very nice treatise on friendships.
It's easy to see why you have so many friends.  You open your heart to new acquaintances, you're a good listener, and you're sociable, warm, and generous. 
Wish we all could have those traits.

Thanks.   Applause E-Cred

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »

I wish I could have been there with you guys. Sounds like it was a blast. Hopefully I can met up with all of y'all at some game down the road.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »

JAMOS congrats for having the chance to observe what the real world should be all about. A game is a game till next year but the kind of friendships you speak of are a lifetime of joy. God Bless my friend. I too would hope to be there with you all. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »

A friendship is something that I cherish most in life and college athletics is right beside it. I sometimes hear folks say that they don't have many friends and that bothers me some because being alone has to be a terrible feeling in life.

After arriving home from the game last night Mrs. J and I talked about how good it was to see our old friends at the game but most of all, making new friends as well.Our tailgate party at Bama's games aren't the biggest or the most extravagant as some are but we do have a nice crowd at the premier games and attract some different people from different places each game. This is what intrigues me most and as in most cases I get a chance to see all of my old friends and get to meet all of the new ones there and create a new friendship. Yesterday was no exception. We had folks from as far away as Hawaii and Connecticut and we had one in particular from Mississippi that I have chated with many times on our CRS forum and had been hoping that someday I would get a chance to meet him in person. I wasn't dissappointed at all, I had envisioned what he might be like from the things that he posts on the forum and I was pretty much right as to what he may be like in real life. There was another there from our forum but he is one of my old friends that I always look forward to seeing again, it's always a good time. This the same for all of you that are members of CRS, someday I hope to meet more of you and make some more friends, maybe in the near future that will be possible.

The ballgame was a good one with very nice weather and two good teams, plus the game turned out to be as most folks predicted, very competitive. If you are a Bama fan you can boast about the win as Bama is in the hunt for another National Championship but I came away with a better feeling that just winning the game, Mrs. J and I made some new friends all because of the football game.

Someday maybe we will get to meet some of you that read this at out tailgate party or at a ballgame, that would be my wish.  Cheesy Roll Tide!!

Toast 4
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »

It's easy to see why you have so many friends.  You open your heart to new acquaintances, you're a good listener, and you're sociable, warm, and generous. 

Thanks.   Applause E-Cred

Laughing

I was most impressed by your students that stopped by, watching and listening to them told me a lot about you. Just don't stop being the person you are. By the way, I'm gonna work on 2 and see if we can't be a little reciprocal about you coming over yesterday and see if we can't make the trip to OXford next year if Bama plays them. Wink

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »

JAMOS congrats for having the chance to observe what the real world should be all about. A game is a game till next year but the kind of friendships you speak of are a lifetime of joy. God Bless my friend. I too would hope to be there with you all. RTR!

Thanks Ricky, you are so right about football games and friendships, at my age meeting and making new friends is the best thing I have going for me. I wish you were able to join us, would love to meet you. Cheesy

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:05:48 PM »

Thanks.   
I was most impressed by your students that stopped by, watching and listening to them told me a lot about you. Just don't stop being the person you are. By the way, I'm gonna work on 2 and see if we can't be a little reciprocal about you coming over yesterday and see if we can't make the trip to OXford next year if Bama plays them.
Okay, you come over; maybe LF and I will get married if you do.  Toast 4

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »

Toast 4
Laughing
I've got one on you big guy, there were some groceries left in my cooler and are they ever expensive to buy back. Smiley

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »

Thanks.   
I was most impressed by your students that stopped by, watching and listening to them told me a lot about you. Just don't stop being the person you are. By the way, I'm gonna work on 2 and see if we can't be a little reciprocal about you coming over yesterday and see if we can't make the trip to OXford next year if Bama plays them.
Okay, you come over; maybe LF and I will get married if you do.  Toast 4
Laughing We won't miss that. Toast 4

Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »

Jamos, Did you serve Zuter-Q this year? Cheesy
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 07:25:26 PM »

Jamos, Did you serve Zuter-Q this year? Cheesy

No, but where is he now? That was a lot of fun that day.
By the way, we have a Diamond Backers meeting Tuesday night and I'm anxious for softball to get started. There are 3 Fall Brawl Sundays in October, no big name games but a good chance to see the new girls coming in and see if Traina has healed some. Wish you could come down but I know it's a long way to come for one day. Let me know if you're down this way at anytime. Wink

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »

Jamos served this (hint hint):

... delicious, and looked like this:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:32:59 PM by Chechem » Logged

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »

Jamos served this (hint hint):

He did not. I couldn't find even one of those jackelope. I had to bring Chicken Mcnuggets instead.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »

He did not. I couldn't find even one of those jackelope. I had to bring Chicken Mcnuggets instead.
We ate the sausage before you (and your special beverages) arrived!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:36:21 PM by Chechem » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 236
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0