Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3413 3414 3415 3416 [3417] 3418 3419 3420 3421 ... 3906   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12484190 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7920

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #51240 on: August 04, 2020, 05:39:20 AM »

My genius LF has been on the phone with AT&T for 2 hours, but managed to set up an appointment for a service visit next Saturday.  Meanwhile she ordered us a hotspot on her phone so we can use that for wifi until our modem is fixed.

WOOT!  Now I need to buy her something really nice for her birthday next week.  Ideas??

I see you didn't think much of my pink scooter idea.  Sounds like you need to fire AT&T.

Hurricane EIEIO made landfall just north of one of my business partners last night. I last received a text from him at 11:07 last night. They were getting 104 MPH gusts. Hopefully, they're ok this morning. I'm also waiting to hear from family in Wilmington. 

Saw video on Weather Channel of flooding on Outer Banks of NC.  Showed cars in salt water under the beach houses and people wading the water.  That means the dunes were breached!  Wow.

I have a cousin and her husband that live a mile inland from Wrightsville Beach. Still waiting to here from her.

Except for tornadoes, seems that damage is limited for this storm.  No word on injuries so far this morning that I've heard.  Hope they're all okay.

I just heard from her. She said it turned out to be a lot rougher than she thought it would be, but it went through quickly and they are ok. She's still waiting to hear from her brothers.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #51241 on: August 04, 2020, 05:45:04 AM »

My genius LF has been on the phone with AT&T for 2 hours, but managed to set up an appointment for a service visit next Saturday.  Meanwhile she ordered us a hotspot on her phone so we can use that for wifi until our modem is fixed.

WOOT!  Now I need to buy her something really nice for her birthday next week.  Ideas??

I see you didn't think much of my pink scooter idea.  Sounds like you need to fire AT&T.

Hurricane EIEIO made landfall just north of one of my business partners last night. I last received a text from him at 11:07 last night. They were getting 104 MPH gusts. Hopefully, they're ok this morning. I'm also waiting to hear from family in Wilmington. 

Saw video on Weather Channel of flooding on Outer Banks of NC.  Showed cars in salt water under the beach houses and people wading the water.  That means the dunes were breached!  Wow.

I have a cousin and her husband that live a mile inland from Wrightsville Beach. Still waiting to here from her.

Except for tornadoes, seems that damage is limited for this storm.  No word on injuries so far this morning that I've heard.  Hope they're all okay.

I just heard from her. She said it turned out to be a lot rougher than she thought it would be, but it went through quickly and they are ok. She's still waiting to hear from her brothers.

Good.  Glad they're okay.

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #51242 on: August 04, 2020, 06:07:56 AM »

The VA Home in Oxford has been hit by the covid virus.  We heard from a friend who has connections there that 8-10 men there have died, and numerous others have contracted it.  The Oxford newspaper said there were several deaths there, but no specifics.

Difficult to get details, because deaths at the VA Home are counted at their home states, not here.  Many are from out of state.

Pray

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #51243 on: August 04, 2020, 07:32:16 AM »

Good morning folks.  Had a rain shower come through this morning about 6:00. Didn't last more than a minute though. Very nice after that with cool temps, about 69 degrees and low humidity.

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #51244 on: August 04, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »

The VA Home in Oxford has been hit by the covid virus.  We heard from a friend who has connections there that 8-10 men there have died, and numerous others have contracted it.  The Oxford newspaper said there were several deaths there, but no specifics.

Difficult to get details, because deaths at the VA Home are counted at their home states, not here.  Many are from out of state.

Pray

Pray Pray Pray I sure am saddened to hear this Chechem. We are praying the rest will be OK. The VA here has messed up my medicine and it looks like I will be out of my morphine for 2 days and my muscles are already cramping. Man, we need somebody to get this VA Admin. fixed. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #51245 on: August 04, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »

I've only been to the Outer Banks once, circa 2002.  They were still recovering from a Hurricane from 2 or 3 years prior at that point.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #51246 on: August 04, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »

The VA Home in Oxford has been hit by the covid virus.  We heard from a friend who has connections there that 8-10 men there have died, and numerous others have contracted it.  The Oxford newspaper said there were several deaths there, but no specifics.

Pray

Pray Pray Pray I sure am saddened to hear this Chechem. We are praying the rest will be OK. The VA here has messed up my medicine and it looks like I will be out of my morphine for 2 days and my muscles are already cramping. Man, we need somebody to get this VA Admin. fixed. RTR!

Ricky it truly breaks my heart that this is STILL an issue with the VA.  My dad came back from Vietnam with PTSD and was on several medications.  He was fine as long as he was on his meds, but there were a couple of times when they ran out and couldn't send him medicine for several weeks.  When that happened he would have a nervous breakdown within a few days after he ran out of medicine and have to go into the VA hospital down in Tuscaloosa for several months to get everything straightened back out.

It infuriates me that we take better care of our dogs and cats than we do our Veterans!

Angry Angry Angry

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #51247 on: August 04, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »

The VA Home in Oxford has been hit by the covid virus.  We heard from a friend who has connections there that 8-10 men there have died, and numerous others have contracted it.  The Oxford newspaper said there were several deaths there, but no specifics.

Difficult to get details, because deaths at the VA Home are counted at their home states, not here.  Many are from out of state.

Pray

Ricky it truly breaks my heart that this is STILL an issue with the VA.  My dad came back from Vietnam with PTSD and was on several medications.  He was fine as long as he was on his meds, but there were a couple of times when they ran out and couldn't send him medicine for several weeks.  When that happened he would have a nervous breakdown within a few days after he ran out of medicine and have to go into the VA hospital down in Tuscaloosa for several months to get everything straightened back out.

It infuriates me that we take better care of our dogs and cats than we do our Veterans!

Angry Angry Angry

Pray Pray as I have told Mrs Dottie that we no better than any other person in this great country,BUT The nation made a promise to take care of her Vets so that is why I hurt so bad for others. In my case I am not allowed to go out on my own and find any pills that might help me while I am out of my Meds. So I just kneel and pray even when she has to help me up sometimes, I still cry out to God for help. God Bless you all but we will win this war as we have all others. RTR!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:36:44 PM by SUPERCOACH » Logged

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #51248 on: August 04, 2020, 01:29:12 PM »

Difficult to get details, because deaths at the VA Home are counted at their home states, not here.  Many are from out of state.

Pray

Ricky it truly breaks my heart that this is STILL an issue with the VA.  My dad came back from Vietnam with PTSD and was on several medications.  He was fine as long as he was on his meds, but there were a couple of times when they ran out and couldn't send him medicine for several weeks.  When that happened he would have a nervous breakdown within a few days after he ran out of medicine and have to go into the VA hospital down in Tuscaloosa for several months to get everything straightened back out.

Angry Angry Angry

Pray Pray as I have told Mrs Dottie that we no better than any other person in this great country,BUT The nation made a promise to take care of her Vets so that is why I hurt so bad for others. In my case I am not allowed to go out on my own and find any pills that might help me while I am out of my Meds. So I just kneel and pray even when she has to help me up sometimes, I still cry out to God for help. God Bless you all but we will win this war as we have all others. RTR!
Preacher, I appreciate your dedication to serving the Lord. Truly.  I also appreciate your recognizing the need to pray. I just hope you know that God will hear your prayers regardless of whether you are kneeling or just sitting and bowing your head.  Please don't put Mrs. Dottie's health and safety in jeopardy by having to help you back up on your feet from kneeling in prayer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:37:09 PM by SUPERCOACH » Logged

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #51249 on: August 04, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »

Pray

Angry Angry Angry

Preacher, I appreciate your dedication to serving the Lord. Truly.  I also appreciate your recognizing the need to pray. I just hope you know that God will hear your prayers regardless of whether you are kneeling or just sitting and bowing your head.  Please don't put Mrs. Dottie's health and safety in jeopardy by having to help you back up on your feet from kneeling in prayer.

I do kneel a lot but you are so absolutely right. I don't think God expects us to put ourself in a dangerous situation. RTR!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:37:39 PM by SUPERCOACH » Logged

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #51250 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:42 PM »

You two fellows are spoiling my usual enjoyment of our inane comments.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:39:14 PM by SUPERCOACH » Logged
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #51251 on: August 04, 2020, 07:23:48 PM »

Just got home from work. Looks like y'all have been busy today. Lord, let football be played, and soon.

Pray
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #51252 on: August 05, 2020, 05:53:05 AM »

And another looooooong day it will be.
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #51253 on: August 05, 2020, 06:49:14 AM »

And another looooooong day it will be.

I feel camelized. And where are our other usual early birds.
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #51254 on: August 05, 2020, 10:02:06 AM »

I have the chance to sleep late because my volunteering will end this month for the store at the Baptist Assoc. I am giving them a chance to see what it is like when I leave by the end of this month. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Pages: 1 ... 3413 3414 3415 3416 [3417] 3418 3419 3420 3421 ... 3906   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 193
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0