Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game notes Bama vs Missouri  (Read 8843 times)
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »

First, let me send congrats to the Bama players and coaches on the win.  It looks like Bama is back on track.  They looked better offensively this game.

Offense:   The offense did whatever they wanted.  The OL dominated the D front.  Bama O put up over 500 yards of offense in this game.  Two running backs had over 100 yards.  I have the O for 5 negative plays, 4 of which came after the lightening delay.  CM dropped snap is included in these stats.  I have Bama in the red zone 6 times and they scored 5 TD’s.  One trip resulted in a fumble by AJ on a scramble.  There was one funny note I want to mention.  On Bama’s 5th TD, the officials marked the ball short on the 2nd down play.  When the center got the ball in position to snap the ball the nose broke the plane of the goal line. 

QB:  I thought this was probably AJ’s best game.  I say this because of the conditions during the game.  He completed 16/21 passes for 171 yards.  He also made the right decision a majority of the time.  He turned a couple of plays into positive plays which could have easily been negative plays.  He threw the ball where only his rec’s had a chance to catch it.

RB:  They ran hard and took advantage of the blocking by the OL.  There were times they ran for tough yardage, but most of the time they were on the other side of the LOS before they were hit.  I thought EL showed power and speed in this game especially on the first TD run.  TJY did the same.  I thought he had a chance for a long TD run, except he tripped himself on the cut.  I still like the Drake kid and trust him more every day. 

REC:  A couple of things stood out here.  First, they caught the ball with their hands in these conditions.  Many players have a tendency to let the ball get in on their body in the rain and don’t trust their hands.   Second, they blocked well which allowed many of the long runs by the RB’s. 

OL:  The OL won the point of attack most of the day.  There were a couple of times they allowed people to get inside of them, DJF and CK both.  When AJ got hurt DJF got beat inside.  He had a guy head up to inside and one outside.  You must take the most dangerous theat.  I say this not knowing the blocking scheme called.  What I saw more of was the OL getting to the 2nd level and blocking downfield more than earlier games.   I also want you to notice the center’s ability to pull.   This is a difficult job which was done very well in the game. 

Defense:   The D gave up a total of 182 yards.  I have them making 11 negative plays which included a blocked punt and 2 interceptions.  They also had at least 6 three and outs.  I do think they did a better job of tackling, but still missed a couple.  Also, I worry about teams with speed that may be able to get to the outside because Bama lost contain a couple of times.  They may not have always sacked the QB, but they hit him numerous times and made him uncomfortable.  The D did come up with a big play after the fumble punt snap and came up with a fumble and did not allow points right before the half.

DL: They did well.  They were able to put pressure when rushing 3 and 4 many times.  They did lose contain a couple of times, but they also stayed home on the reverse and stopped them for a loss.   

LB:  They all played well at times.  I saw TD take on the block with the inside shoulder and force the ball back inside like he is taught to do.  I saw NJ shoot the gap and make the play in the backfield.  CJM did the same on balls short to the outside.  I also saw the cutback run and the LB get beat as they ran past the play. 

DB:  They made some plays, but also they were aided by the dropped passes by the Missouri Rec’s.  There were a few pass break ups, and a couple of ints.  They came up and did a good job on the option the few times they ran it.  They were also beat a couple of times, but the QB did not make the throw for whatever reason. 

Penalties:  There were a few but Bama overcame them most of the time. 

Special teams:   The good and the bad.  The good was the field position Bama got because of punt returns or just fielding the punts.  Also, good was the blocked punt which led to a TD.  The bad, CJ decide to return a kick off from 8 yards deep in the end zone.  Second, CJ fielded a punt that would have gone in the end zone.  Third, I guess the worst was the kickoff return for a TD.  Fourth, the fumble snap by CM, the D bailed him out by stopping Missouri and causing a fumble.

Finally: 
Please feel free to comment.

Good Luck and Roll Tide Roll 
14 and counting

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »

yes, AJ and the Recs were exceptional in the rain.  That is the best I've ever seen anyone play in those conditions. 
lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »

Thanks, coach.  Good read as always.
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »

TY Coach good analysis

Was a weird game during the weather break the team came out decidedly flat, but tamped it back up

Also a few extra notes

You saw AJ really tough it out and come back with the brace, but the development of Blake Sims continues as the back-up, but it's his extremely dangerous read option skills that are a threat

Also let's give it up for the young man TJ Yeldon

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »

I saw that play where Jones broke the plane before the ball was even snapped.  I told my wife I think that is the first time I have ever seen a play that started out as TD before the ball was even snapped.  I think we talked about it during the in game thread too.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »

Great insight, Coach. Our defense broke Missouri's 90 consecutive games with an offensive TD, dating back to 2005. Bama's big D remains amazing.
KoKoPuf
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3504

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »

Good job. I thought this may have been the best performance so far. I wasn't at all surprised Bama can out flat after the rain delay and was worried about injuries. When AJ went down it scared the heck out of me, but looks like he is OK.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »

good stuff HSC     thanks !

and hat tip to the flying Yeldon      Shocked

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

Great read and analysis hscoach. The one thing I noticed is when they came back after weather delay, they seem to be out of it as to how they played in the 1st QTR. Now that said did CNS not work on them to keep their minds right, or what happen? RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »

Thanks for your breakdown, HSC.

Hey, how are y'all watching replays? I was all over the CBS site and could only find highlights,--not the entire game?

Huh?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »

Thanks for your breakdown, HSC.

Hey, how are y'all watching replays? I was all over the CBS site and could only find highlights,--not the entire game?

Huh?

You don't record the games?  Huh?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

I saw that play where Jones broke the plane before the ball was even snapped.  I told my wife I think that is the first time I have ever seen a play that started out as TD before the ball was even snapped.  I think we talked about it during the in game thread too.
I thought it might have been a TD before the ball was spotted.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »

No matter what they can never take our win from us from yesterday. lol, I so look forward to playing Tenn. now.
I know our OL played great but I hope they improve on tackling, there was weak arm slaps yesterday. These people we play are to good to arm tackle. JMHO. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

Great read and analysis hscoach. The one thing I noticed is when they came back after weather delay, they seem to be out of it as to how they played in the 1st QTR. Now that said did CNS not work on them to keep their minds right, or what happen? RTR!

I think the announcer got it right when they said CNS spoke to them about coming back and the players looked at the scoreboard and Missouri inability to move the ball and thought, yea right.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »

I did miss the last 3:51 of the game on my recording.  I was watching the game with friends at a local establishment and they changed it right after Drake scored.  Did I miss anything that needed to be included?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 206
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0