Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a thought and suggestion....  (Read 13204 times)
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »

Sad I am sure the last thing Taz or Hank would have wanted would have to caused disagreement between the members here.  Sorry but that is just my take on it.
I agree Crimson, I just want to see that hopping frog when I do  check in
gottfriedsucks
Freshman

E-Cred: 27

gottfriedsucks

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »

I know I don't come here often, but I would love to make a suggestion.  Taz was such a huge part of Bama football forums and such a true and tried fan who truly loved the Crimson Tide.  In honor of such a huge fan and an even greater man, why don't we rename one of the member levels after him.  I think it would be a huge tribute to him.  God bless.
Football is big at Alabama. Our players and coaches are legends. Fans are a dime a dozen and we don't ask for special recognition to be one. I know it may be hard for y'all to understand. We have a HOF Board just for these purposes, but our focus remains on the guys in Crimson. HTH

Point taken. I agree.

Look, I'm not tryin to be an a-hole...but I don't care if you think I am either.  You all need to realize this is an internet forum and not the Bryant Museum or something.  If you are that caught up in how someone is recognized in an internet forum then you need to step back from the computer for a few months and get over it then come back.  Fans may be a dime a dozen, but unfortunately good ones like Taz are not.  More importantly than being a good fan. Great people like him are NOT a dime a dozen.
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

Imagine that!..gotfriedsux trying to turn a mole hill into and mountain
JodyBaker22
Junior

E-Cred: 78

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

Sad I am sure the last thing Taz or Hank would have wanted would have to caused disagreement between the members here.  Sorry but that is just my take on it.
I sincerely apologize for causing any kind of controversy, and would never do so intentionally. This is, however a forum that what was created and molded not by "Bama Football", but by the posters and personalities that contribute.  There is no college player, pro player, actor/actress, etc.  that is bigger than any of us. 

One of the jokes that many people on tide forums was the fact that I was really a "Bama" fan.... Taz being one of them.  He always tried to get me to give him a roll tide.... I always laughed and said never in a million years!!!!

After his passing I realized that true friendship, people and the lives they touched were much bigger than the petty things that you see on forums.  At 2 pm when he was being put to rest, I was on a golf course in Myrtle Beach.  At precisely 2 pm on that day I let out a big ol' ROLL TIDE for him.  I turned heads, may have made a couple of people miss some shots, but I didn't care.  It was for him.

There are many things bigger than football and idolizing players you will never meet or speak to.  God bless you all.  (and no, I have no more Roll Tides. Wink  )
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

I sincerely apologize for causing any kind of controversy, and would never do so intentionally. This is, however a forum that what was created and molded not by "Bama Football", but by the posters and personalities that contribute.  There is no college player, pro player, actor/actress, etc.  that is bigger than any of us.  

One of the jokes that many people on tide forums was the fact that I was really a "Bama" fan.... Taz being one of them.  He always tried to get me to give him a roll tide.... I always laughed and said never in a million years!!!!

After his passing I realized that true friendship, people and the lives they touched were much bigger than the petty things that you see on forums.  At 2 pm when he was being put to rest, I was on a golf course in Myrtle Beach.  At precisely 2 pm on that day I let out a big ol' ROLL TIDE for him.  I turned heads, may have made a couple of people miss some shots, but I didn't care.  It was for him.

There are many things bigger than football and idolizing players you will never meet or speak to.  God bless you all.  (and no, I have no more Roll Tides. Wink  )

I applaud you for your feelings and your statement to the forum, and yes for your Roll Tide as well, very classy.  Cheesy

I idolized Taz somewhat in that he was always an underdog when it came to doing anything physical because of the spina bifida that he was suffering from. As I watched the slides of him at his visitation last week, I then realized what a hero that he really was to me. Here was a handsom young man, stricken with a crippling disease at birth, that was so young and energetic up until he finally had to be confined to his wheelchair. Even then, he was his competitive self in participating in wheelchair Rugby, I never knew this until he came to the Auburn/Alabama basketball game recently and we met before the game and chatted for a while. He seemed to love everything about sports but he absolutely loved Bama sports.

Taz never scored any touchdowns on the football field or won any National Championships but he sure left me with the impression of a person that should have had that privilege. Taz was a winner, no matter who you were, he would always win you over and there's a lot of folks in this world wish that they could have that pleasure.

I'm so glad that you knew Taz as I knew him, a winner, and nothing can ever tarnish my thoughts or feelings for him. I hope you will still stay part of our forum, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, especially when you and Taz would pick at each other. Again, thank you for your post and you just became one of my heros as well. Roll Tide!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:04:48 AM by Jamos » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »

Thanks to JodyBaker and Jamos for your wonderful posts.  Whether this board decides to honor him or nor, He will always be a "special hero" of mine.  No way I would ever consider him a "dime a dozen" fan.
JodyBaker22
Junior

E-Cred: 78

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »

Jamos, I will always be a part of this forum.  Looking forward to being more active on here.  Great group of people. 
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »

Jamos, I will always be a part of this forum.  Looking forward to being more active on here.  Great group of people. 

Now that's some good news for a change!!  Dancing 

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
double nickel
Junior

E-Cred: 95

double nickel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

I sincerely apologize for causing any kind of controversy, and would never do so intentionally. This is, however a forum that what was created and molded not by "Bama Football", but by the posters and personalities that contribute.  There is no college player, pro player, actor/actress, etc.  that is bigger than any of us. 

One of the jokes that many people on tide forums was the fact that I was really a "Bama" fan.... Taz being one of them.  He always tried to get me to give him a roll tide.... I always laughed and said never in a million years!!!!

After his passing I realized that true friendship, people and the lives they touched were much bigger than the petty things that you see on forums.  At 2 pm when he was being put to rest, I was on a golf course in Myrtle Beach.  At precisely 2 pm on that day I let out a big ol' ROLL TIDE for him.  I turned heads, may have made a couple of people miss some shots, but I didn't care.  It was for him.

There are many things bigger than football and idolizing players you will never meet or speak to.  God bless you all.  (and no, I have no more Roll Tides. Wink  )

I applaud you for your feelings and your statement to the forum, and yes for your Roll Tide as well, very classy.  Cheesy

I idolized Taz somehat in that he was always an underdog when it came to doing anything physical because of the spina bifida that he was suffering from. As I watched the slides of him at his visitation last week, I then realized what a hero that he really was to me. Here was a handsom young man, stricken with a crippling disease at birth, that was so young and energetic up until he finally had to be confined to his wheelchair. Even then, he was his competitive self in participating in wheelchair Rugby, I never knew this until he came to the Auburn/Alabama basketball game recently and we met before the game and chatted for a while. He seemed to love everything about sports but he absolutely loved Bama sports.

Taz never scored any touchdowns on the football field or won any National Championships but he sure left me with the impression of a person that should have had that privilege. Taz was a winner, no matter who you were, he would always win you over and there's a lot of folks in this world wish that they could have that pleasure.

I'm so glad that you knew Taz as I knew him, a winner, and nothing can ever tarnish my thoughts or feelings for him. I hope you will still stay part of our forum, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, especially when you and Taz would pick at each other. Again, thank you for your post and you just became one of my heros as well. Roll Tide!  Wink

Excellent posts by both of you, I still feel very empty when I log onto my computer and realize Taz isn't there.  I miss my friend.  ROLL TIDE

PS  I knew you would come around Jody Smiley

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:12 AM »

I applaud you for your feelings and your statement to the forum, and yes for your Roll Tide as well, very classy.  Cheesy

I idolized Taz somehat in that he was always an underdog when it came to doing anything physical because of the spina bifida that he was suffering from. As I watched the slides of him at his visitation last week, I then realized what a hero that he really was to me. Here was a handsom young man, stricken with a crippling disease at birth, that was so young and energetic up until he finally had to be confined to his wheelchair. Even then, he was his competitive self in participating in wheelchair Rugby, I never knew this until he came to the Auburn/Alabama basketball game recently and we met before the game and chatted for a while. He seemed to love everything about sports but he absolutely loved Bama sports.

I'm so glad that you knew Taz as I knew him, a winner, and nothing can ever tarnish my thoughts or feelings for him. I hope you will still stay part of our forum, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, especially when you and Taz would pick at each other. Again, thank you for your post and you just became one of my heros as well. Roll Tide!  Wink

Excellent posts by both of you, I still feel very empty when I log onto my computer and realize Taz isn't there.  I miss my friend.  ROLL TIDE

Maybe you and your DA buddy can get a twofer deal on some grief counseling?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
double nickel
Junior

E-Cred: 95

double nickel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 06:16:28 AM »

Maybe you and your DA buddy can get a twofer deal on some grief counseling?

I see you must have never met Patrick or lost a friend.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »

I am still thinking about this.  My latest idea is to create a new board that is named after the cemetery just outside of Bryant-Denny.  I believe it is called Evergreen Cemetery, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We could move the threads over to there.  It would also be a place for people to go and post stories about the forum members who have passed away.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 05:51:39 AM »

I am still thinking about this.  My latest idea is to create a new board that is named after the cemetery just outside of Bryant-Denny.  I believe it is called Evergreen Cemetery, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We could move the threads over to there.  It would also be a place for people to go and post stories about the forum members who have passed away.

Great idea, Super. It is Evergreen. When my mother was in college, the coeds used to go there to smoke, since this was banned on campus.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 05:58:49 AM »

Great idea, Super. It is Evergreen. When my mother was in college, the coeds used to go there to smoke, since this was banned on campus.

Agree, great idea, SC.
OT, that was indeed a while ago.  When I was at Bama, the coeds went to the Atlanta Pop Festival to .... uh... smoke.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 07:18:53 AM »

I sincerely apologize for causing any kind of controversy, and would never do so intentionally. This is, however a forum that what was created and molded not by "Bama Football", but by the posters and personalities that contribute.  There is no college player, pro player, actor/actress, etc.  that is bigger than any of us.  

One of the jokes that many people on tide forums was the fact that I was really a "Bama" fan.... Taz being one of them.  He always tried to get me to give him a roll tide.... I always laughed and said never in a million years!!!!

After his passing I realized that true friendship, people and the lives they touched were much bigger than the petty things that you see on forums.  At 2 pm when he was being put to rest, I was on a golf course in Myrtle Beach.  At precisely 2 pm on that day I let out a big ol' ROLL TIDE for him.  I turned heads, may have made a couple of people miss some shots, but I didn't care.  It was for him.

There are many things bigger than football and idolizing players you will never meet or speak to.  God bless you all.  (and no, I have no more Roll Tides. Wink  )

.You mindless, blathering idiots!  Jody doesn't care about this board. He'll be yucking it up with his USCe numbnut buddies about how he led the charge to stick an admittantly annoying hopping frog smack down the middle of your forum. Are you gay pirates as desparate for friends that you will go along with that?

One frog, then two. Who's to say your dead guy is more important than the other dead guy. We want a choo choo train crossing the Quad. Then what next?  3 dead guys, six, eight. Later 30 dead guys. Who is going to say they do not each merit an annoying icon as well. Before long the forum looks like Spencer Gifts in the Mall or Souvenir City at the beach.  Junk flying everywhere. Use your heads for something besides a hat rack!

"CRS--It's a great place to die!"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:27:37 AM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 282
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0