Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** OFFICIAL LSU vs Alabama IN-GAME THREAD ***  (Read 70021 times)
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »

Here are my thoughts, sorry if some are obvious:
1. Bama should have won the game.  Bama is the better overall team and dominated most offensive stats, but left points on the field and made crucial mistakes.  LSU made fewer mistakes.
2. Les Miles once again outcoached Saban, in the sense that he played his style of game came out the victor.  His team left no points on the field, they maximized their potential in this game.
3. I thought the trick play with Maze out of the Wildcat was a good call.  The play should have worked but Brandon Gibson ran his route too deep and brought a defender with him.  Tight End Williams should have been able to hold onto the ball against a much smaller defender, but it appears that he put his right hand down to catch himself when he was falling rather than holding onto the ball.
4. It seemed to me that Bama was the team that eventually quit.  Maybe LSU wanted it more, or had more depth; Bama players were banged up by games end.
5. The play calling on the first overtime was ridiculous; once Bama lost yardage it should have focussed on gaining back enough yards to enable a field goal, rather than try for a TD.
6. The defensive play was outstanding and should have been enough for the win.  Only one breakdown all night, the pass late in the first half that led to a field goal.
7. AJ McCarron could not get the job done.  Also, see No. 4 above.
8. To be a championship team, Bama needs a better kicker.  Hopefully Saban will burn another scholy on one, or at least go out and recruit a good one.
9. I dont want to read Meltdown Time this week.
10.  I originally picked LSU in the pickem competition, because of the spread, but could not root for the game to go down like that so I broke my own rules and changed my pick to Bama.

Good notes.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »

I have to make a couple of congratulatory phone calls tomorrow. I've decided to go so far as to say this: Now we (the Tide and the Tigers) are certain we are the 2 best teams in the country. I knew this game would show me if what I felt, how great Bama is, would hold up on the field. I am sure you coonasses (lol) have had reservations of whether or not your team could stand up to the best competition in the country. Both teams played like champions. Congrats, and we'll try to see you in January.

How is that,-- or is it too much?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »

I'm not a fan of the rematch scenario.  Either we lose twice to the same team or we win and then it's tainted anyway.  I'd love to see Boise State get their butt handed to them by LSU if we can't.
Boise State simply does not deserve to be in a championship game.  Putting them in would be an insult to all teams that play in a challenging conference and have to be up week after week.  Boise is struggling against very mediocre teams, 14 to 14 at halftime tonight v. UNLV.  That is not a championship caliber team.  Look what has happened to Utah when it moved to the PAC12.

As a Bama fan, I have to favor the rematch scenario.  That would require losses by Oklahoma State (who squeaked out a win tonight v. Kansas State and still has to play Oklahoma) and Stanford (who still has to face Oregon).  But beyond those two, no other team deserves the opportunity to play in the Championship Game other than Alabama.  No team in the country is better than Bama, except perhaps, at least on this night, LSU.
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2011, 11:46:06 PM »

1. Bama should have won the game.  Bama is the better overall team and dominated most offensive stats, but left points on the field and made crucial mistakes.  LSU made fewer mistakes.
2. Les Miles once again outcoached Saban, in the sense that he played his style of game came out the victor.  His team left no points on the field, they maximized their potential in this game.
3. I thought the trick play with Maze out of the Wildcat was a good call.  The play should have worked but Brandon Gibson ran his route too deep and brought a defender with him.  Tight End Williams should have been able to hold onto the ball against a much smaller defender, but it appears that he put his right hand down to catch himself when he was falling rather than holding onto the ball.
4. It seemed to me that Bama was the team that eventually quit.  Maybe LSU wanted it more, or had more depth; Bama players were banged up by games end.
5. The play calling on the first overtime was ridiculous; once Bama lost yardage it should have focussed on gaining back enough yards to enable a field goal, rather than try for a TD.
6. The defensive play was outstanding and should have been enough for the win.  Only one breakdown all night, the pass late in the first half that led to a field goal.
8. To be a championship team, Bama needs a better kicker.  Hopefully Saban will burn another scholy on one, or at least go out and recruit a good one.
10.  I originally picked LSU in the pickem competition, because of the spread, but could not root for the game to go down like that so I broke my own rules and changed my pick to Bama.

Good notes.
Thanks.  On the kicking thing, Saban needs to take a lesson from Bobby Bowden.  Why Bama cannot get an outstanding punter and kicker escapes me; that should be priority 1 for next year.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »

I guess if we played them again and stomped a hole in them that would be good.  But if it turned out to be 9-6 again or something similar, but in our favor, I don't know that we would deserve the crystal football any more than they would.  In that case maybe we win the BCS and they win the AP poll to have a split championship.

I do think we are the #2 team in the country, with LSU #1 because of the special teams advantage they have on us.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 05, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »

Good notes.
Thanks.  On the kicking thing, Saban needs to take a lesson from Bobby Bowden.  Why Bama cannot get an outstanding punter and kicker escapes me; that should be priority 1 for next year.

Absolutely.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2011, 11:53:40 PM »

I have to make a couple of congratulatory phone calls tomorrow. I've decided to go so far as to say this: Now we (the Tide and the Tigers) are certain we are the 2 best teams in the country. I knew this game would show me if what I felt, how great Bama is, would hold up on the field. I am sure you coonasses (lol) have had reservations of whether or not your team could stand up to the best competition in the country. Both teams played like champions. Congrats, and we'll try to see you in January.

How is that,-- or is it too much?

I would just say "Congratulations, and good luck the rest of the way" and leave it at that.  Whatever you do, don't make excuses about dirty plays or missed calls.  That is not how we operate.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »

My thoughts:

1) The bad call on the Williams catch completely reversed momentum. There won't be much conversation, apparently about that from the media, but Williams butt was on the ground with ball in hand. Truly a bad call and bad review. People can call me a whiner all they want, but anyone watching knows that was a total BS call.

2) Our defense is too good to give field position to LSU through missed long field goals, however, only one of them being made would have won it for the Tide.

3) LSU is a very dirty team, 2 players that were assessed with penalties should have been ejected from the game. That sh**hole that horse collared Dre near the end of regulation should be banned from playing the rest of the year. He's a POS, period.

4) Bama made enough good plays to win the game. The attrition took it's toll on Bama more than LSU tonight. After the phantom interception deep in Bama's territory, they were stopped and forced to punt. An injured M. Maze could not turn to make the catch on a great LSU punt and we were pinned deep.

5) There's no doubt in my mind that Bama's the better team. Better execution and/or better officiating and we're still undefeated. I hope to God we meet them again.

LSU's a great team. Bama's better.

I'm proud to be a Bama fan. God help those dirty assed players from LSU if we meet them again.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »

My thoughts:

1) The bad call on the Williams catch completely reversed momentum. There won't be much conversation, apparently about that from the media, but Williams butt was on the ground with ball in hand. Truly a bad call and bad review. People can call me a whiner all they want, but anyone watching knows that was a total BS call.

2) Our defense is too good to give field position to LSU through missed long field goals, however, only one of them being made would have won it for the Tide.

3) LSU is a very dirty team, 2 players that were assessed with penalties should have been ejected from the game. That sh**hole that horse collared Dre near the end of regulation should be banned from playing the rest of the year. He's a POS, period.

4) Bama made enough good plays to win the game. The attrition took it's toll on Bama more than LSU tonight. After the phantom interception deep in Bama's territory, they were stopped and forced to punt. An injured M. Maze could not turn to make the catch on a great LSU punt and we were pinned deep.

5) There's no doubt in my mind that Bama's the better team. Better execution and/or better officiating and we're still undefeated. I hope to God we meet them again.

I'm proud to be a Bama fan. God help those dirty assed players from LSU if we meet them again.

Lou Holtz just said it was a bad call and should have been ruled a catch.  I thought it should have been a catch too, but that's how it goes sometimes.  During our 2009 run they had an interception that was called out of bounds.  We got the call that year.

In spite of all of that, we still should have won that game.  Sometimes you just need a little luck to win the tight games.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2011, 12:12:52 AM »

I just watched the replay of that call.  I froze it with MW on the ground with the ball secure against his body.  The LSU guy has his hands on it but he is reaching for it and MW has it securely while laying on his back.  This may turn out to be what leads to a rematch if Oklahoma State and Stanford end up losing a game.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2011, 12:14:17 AM »

My thoughts:

Lou Holtz just said it was a bad call and should have been ruled a catch.  I thought it should have been a catch too, but that's how it goes sometimes.  During our 2009 run they had an interception that was called out of bounds.  We got the call that year.

In spite of all of that, we still should have won that game.  Sometimes you just need a little luck to win the tight games.

I have a buddy who is a huge LSU fan. I told him we're even now, but God help him if we meet again.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »

Holtz and Mark May both just said Bama is still #2.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2011, 12:29:17 AM »

Pollack and Meyer are calling for a rematch if OSU and Stanford lose a game.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »

I just watched the replay of that call.  I froze it with MW on the ground with the ball secure against his body.  The LSU guy has his hands on it but he is reaching for it and MW has it securely while laying on his back.  This may turn out to be what leads to a rematch if Oklahoma State and Stanford end up losing a game.
I just saw the angle shot from the end zone stands side, looking out to the field. I have been jumping up and down, but I think I now see what they were saying. MW did not have possesion when he hit the ground, the ball on his chest was live. So the "D" grabbed the ball off his chest (a live ball) where it was then blown dead and awarded to LSU. I want to watch the replay where I can start and stop it, but the angle I'm talking about is key to understanding the call.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »

I just saw the angle shot from the end zone stands side, looking out to the field. I have been jumping up and down, but I think I now see what they were saying. MW did not have possesion when he hit the ground, the ball on his chest was live. So the "D" grabbed the ball off his chest (a live ball) where it was then blown dead and awarded to LSU. I want to watch the replay where I can start and stop it, but the angle I'm talking about is key to understanding the call.

That is the angle I froze.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 225
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0