Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LSU week is finally here.  (Read 9064 times)
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »

pmull is very wise to be such a young whippersnapper. I think folks may be overrating the LSU "D" but they will still be the best we've seen. Not on our level though.  We can talk "D" in a bar with their fans and they'll at least have SOME idea what we are talking about. Another thing-- not special teams play altogether, I want to be careful not to critisize our coverage units, but the actual kicking may be an issue. I don't think we had to haul out Mandell against UT until maybe the 3rd.

You're right, WV, it will be the best we've seen. You're also right that it is not on our level. The trickeration will not work this year as it did last year. Bring out the hose!!!!

I meant for them to maybe spray a little water on the LSU fans,-- not BULL CONNOR them. LOL

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

pmull is very wise to be such a young whippersnapper. I think folks may be overrating the LSU "D" but they will still be the best we've seen. Not on our level though.  We can talk "D" in a bar with their fans and they'll at least have SOME idea what we are talking about. Another thing-- not special teams play altogether, I want to be careful not to critisize our coverage units, but the actual kicking may be an issue. I don't think we had to haul out Mandell against UT until maybe the 3rd.

You're right, WV, it will be the best we've seen. You're also right that it is not on our level. The trickeration will not work this year as it did last year. Bring out the hose!!!!

I meant for them to maybe spray a little water on the LSU fans,-- not BULL CONNOR them. LOL

Oh, you meant like the "Buffalo Wild Wings" Commercial. Sorry, I'm in "Serious" mode. It's time to kick azz!
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »

It is kind of sad college football seems to be a two team league then everyone else, but the way things are shaping up we could even see a rematch.  I really hope the way the Tide has looked the last couple games in the first two quarters is just boredom and not a weakness.  I don't really think it is a weakness just a team needing a bye week. 

ROLL TIDE my Bama brothers and sisters, I can't ever remember a Bama team playing like this this far into the season.  Let's be loud this weekend and give their fans a new standard of loudness.
I was buying into the "SEC is down this year" poor mouthin' until I looked at high school coach's SOS rankings. I now think the WHOLE country is down this year. It happens, and let's not be so quick as to point to the SEC as the major example. You were not saying that, 55, but others have been. USCw, OSUc, and UTx, and Va Tech/Miami from the ACC---all down this season. The SEC is filling the top two spots and really should STILL be 1 and 2 on Nov 6.

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5hMtcAn84" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5hMtcAn84</a>
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

It is kind of sad college football seems to be a two team league then everyone else, but the way things are shaping up we could even see a rematch.  I really hope the way the Tide has looked the last couple games in the first two quarters is just boredom and not a weakness.  I don't really think it is a weakness just a team needing a bye week.  

ROLL TIDE my Bama brothers and sisters, I can't ever remember a Bama team playing like this this far into the season.  Let's be loud this weekend and give their fans a new standard of loudness.
I was buying into the "SEC is down this year" poor mouthin' until I looked at high school coach's SOS rankings. I now think the WHOLE country is down this year. It happens, and let's not be so quick as to point to the SEC as the major example. You were not saying that, 55, but others have been. USCw, OSUc, and UTx, and Va Tech/Miami from the ACC---all down this season. The SEC is filling the top two spots and really should STILL be 1 and 2 on Nov 6.

If Bama or LSU were to play any team in the country on a weeks notice, they would win. Now if it's like the bowl games and you get a month to prepare, the playing field gets a little more level.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »

It is kind of sad college football seems to be a two team league then everyone else, but the way things are shaping up we could even see a rematch.  I really hope the way the Tide has looked the last couple games in the first two quarters is just boredom and not a weakness.  I don't really think it is a weakness just a team needing a bye week.  

ROLL TIDE my Bama brothers and sisters, I can't ever remember a Bama team playing like this this far into the season.  Let's be loud this weekend and give their fans a new standard of loudness.

If Bama or LSU were to play any team in the country on a weeks notice, they would win. Now if it's like the bowl games and you get a month to prepare, the playing field gets a little more level.

The SEC has done pretty well in those bowl games too.  Cheesy
double nickel
Junior

E-Cred: 95

double nickel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »

It is kind of sad college football seems to be a two team league then everyone else, but the way things are shaping up we could even see a rematch.  I really hope the way the Tide has looked the last couple games in the first two quarters is just boredom and not a weakness.  I don't really think it is a weakness just a team needing a bye week. 

ROLL TIDE my Bama brothers and sisters, I can't ever remember a Bama team playing like this this far into the season.  Let's be loud this weekend and give their fans a new standard of loudness.

Watching the end of the USC vs Stanford game last night it also occurred to me that it seems that Pac 12 officials are doing all possible to get their only BCS champion hope to New Orleans, as much as I dislike Kiffin he got a hose job in that game last night.

BamaPHD
Senior

E-Cred: 39

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »

I will be honest (and normally I am not a Debby Downer)-I have a hard time with using this picture in jest. This is an extreme black mark against the state of Alabama.
bamaphil
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2962

bamaphil

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »

I will be honest (and normally I am not a Debby Downer)-I have a hard time with using this picture in jest. This is an extreme black mark against the state of Alabama.

Agree.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 04:42:28 AM »

My apologies. I paid no attention to what that pic was about. It is indeed inappropriate.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 05:25:54 AM »

My apologies. I paid no attention to what that pic was about. It is indeed inappropriate.
Lighten up on yourself. It was a HOSE joke, --not a racial slur. You've always exagerated when it came to hose sizes (lol).

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »

Lighten up on yourself. It was a HOSE joke, --not a racial slur. You've always exagerated when it came to hose sizes (lol).

You've been talking to my wife again, haven't you?  Laughing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 206
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0