Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama vs OM game notes:  (Read 13257 times)
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

I really could not tell, there may have been a no call because it looked like both may have been using the hands.
Huh? Both were, but Dre may have been leaning in also. But the no-call with Kenny Bell--if you remember-he draped an arm around his throat-- but the timing was close.
That is what you teach lean on them and use your body
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 07:21:51 PM »

One note I left off, Bama rolled up 630 yards of offense.  226 passing and 404 rushing.
LOL The rushing numbers got a little high when Jalston Fowler decided, on his own, that the game wasn't over yet. LOL
Yea, I think he said I am making the most of this while EL is out.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Click here for link
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »

That is what the sports writers were talking about - Great stiff arm!

No flag for facemask!

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »

I am sure you all heard the great recruiting too from MB by the announcers last night.  They ask MB why he chose Bama.  Basically he told them he would get things here from CNS and staff that he would not get at another college.  My take, they will prepare you for the next level.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »

QB:  AJ did a good job.  I think he checked down to rec’s better in this game then he did in others.  He threw many good/catchable balls.  I also believe he moved his feet better when pressured.  He had no ball batted down in the game.  On the deep ball, it looked like he may have put a little too much air under it and probably could have thrown it inside a little more.  PS as I said should have been in the game earlier, 3rd quarter in my opinion when Bama was up 38 to 7, or even after the turnover and Bama having a short field.   I know he got some experience, but no real chance to run the offense working in some passes.

Our running game is 2nd to none, but I am so impressed with the poise and intelligence of AJ. He is running the offense with great efficiency and he does not make mistakes. The OL is protecting him very well and when the pressure collapses the pocket he steps up from it with confidence and delivers. I don't know if we go all the way this year, but I think this team is even better than the '09 team. The LSU game, IMO, will be our only obstacle.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »

2stater you may be right but after LSU the Auburn game and SECCG will be 2 hurdles we have to accomplish. The bullseye will be on our back even more so. One game at a time though to me, we have to get through without injury and penalties. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

I am sure you all heard the great recruiting too from MB by the announcers last night.  They ask MB why he chose Bama.  Basically he told them he would get things here from CNS and staff that he would not get at another college.  My take, they will prepare you for the next level.
So I guess defensive backfield draft choices from Bama especially come to NFL ready for immediate impact. Pro style QB? Rate the positions for early impact in NFL, hsc!

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »

2stater you may be right but after LSU the Auburn game and SECCG will be 2 hurdles we have to accomplish. The bullseye will be on our back even more so. One game at a time though to me, we have to get through without injury and penalties. RTR!

Preacher, you're dead on right there.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »

So I guess defensive backfield draft choices from Bama especially come to NFL ready for immediate impact. Pro style QB? Rate the positions for early impact in NFL, hsc!

People have always attended to the best schools!

I tell my children: Life is not a dress rehearsal!

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »

I don't really know.  I have heard announcers mentioning MB as one of the top safeties this year.  I do think DH and TR will go early and possibly MB.  CU seems to be making a name for himself like MD. 
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »

I am sure you all heard the great recruiting too from MB by the announcers last night.  They ask MB why he chose Bama.  Basically he told them he would get things here from CNS and staff that he would not get at another college.  My take, they will prepare you for the next level.

I don't really know.  I have heard announcers mentioning MB as one of the top safeties this year.  I do think DH and TR will go early and possibly MB.  CU seems to be making a name for himself like MD.  
No, I mean the CNS system is best for producing what positions? CNS is a defense guy and the backs and corners seem to be his specialty on the "D" side of the ball. I guess, which positions are best prepared for the NFL under the CNS system?

When Bama looks for high school QBs they seem to first look at "Pro Style" QBs. Are the GMac-AJ type QBs in as much demand to the NFL?

Another interesting guy as far as Bama and Draft Day go will be Barrett Jones. A guy that can pretty much do it all. But the RBs are probably the position that stands out for Bama in the long run, offensively.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:59:12 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »

I am sure you all heard the great recruiting too from MB by the announcers last night.  They ask MB why he chose Bama.  Basically he told them he would get things here from CNS and staff that he would not get at another college.  My take, they will prepare you for the next level.

I don't really know.  I have heard announcers mentioning MB as one of the top safeties this year.  I do think DH and TR will go early and possibly MB.  CU seems to be making a name for himself like MD.  
No, I mean the CNS system is best for producing what positions? CNS is a defense guy and the backs and corners seem to be his specialty on the "D" side of the ball. I guess, which positions are best prepared for the NFL under the CNS system?

When Bama looks for high school QBs they seem to first look at "Pro Style" QBs. Are the GMac-AJ type QBs in as much demand to the NFL?

Sorry, yes I think the  players who have been in the Saban/Smart defense do have an edge.  All the announcers say it is an NFL style defense.  As far as QB's GMAC was in the spread at Southlake.  As far as AJ, I am not sure.  I think if a QB can make good decisions and make the "NFL" throws they have a chance.  Honestly, I never saw JPW as an NFL type QB.  I did think Brodie with his arm strength did.  So you never know. 
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »

Sorry, yes I think the  players who have been in the Saban/Smart defense do have an edge.  All the announcers say it is an NFL style defense.  As far as QB's GMAC was in the spread at Southlake.  As far as AJ, I am not sure.  I think if a QB can make good decisions and make the "NFL" throws they have a chance.  Honestly, I never saw JPW as an NFL type QB.  I did think Brodie with his arm strength did.  So you never know. 
Yeah, maybe staying healthy was one of Brady's big issues.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:32 PM »

But you and I are on the same Page about CNS. That a kid that has CNS visiting in his living room sees the Belichick experience and the type of teaching going on at Bama--he has to see at least a pathway to the NFL.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 235
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0