Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***POLITICAL DAILY THREAD--RED STATE EDITION***  (Read 300389 times)
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 23, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »

The Obamacare website that has technical glitches does not work has cost the tax payers $394 Million and counting. This is an excellant example of how inefficient the government is and why they need to stay out of the health care business.

Why did they not hire the people who have successfully created mega websites like Facebook, Amazon, ebay or TurboTax at a fraction of the cost.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »

I could have built it for the bargain price of 10 million.

I'm guessing it was about 1 million for software development and 393 million for meetings with HHS, reading the 2400 page law, etc.

We need a constitutional amendment that a law must be posted and publicly available for a minimum time period before it can be brought to a vote.  Any changes to the law reset the clock and the latest version has to be posted.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »

The latest Obama Administration spin is Obamacare is not causing insurance rates to go up. Insurance rates are going up because the economy is improving and more people are going to the doctor.

WTF. Do they think we are stupid?
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 23, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

The latest Obama Administration spin is Obamacare is not causing insurance rates to go up. Insurance rates are going up because the economy is improving and more people are going to the doctor.

WTF. Do they think we are stupid?

Yes.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 24, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »

Well the one thing I must think about is the lies he told to get elected. Now, he goes around congress and just speaks things into existence. He should be impeached, but they won't get enough votes. Hypothetically "obama says I am demanding in MY authority that everybody buy insurance. Insurance says good we can double rates and/or triple them. obama will not be blamed because it us; insurance company, that does it. obama gets pockets and dump truck loads of money from the insurance and he sits back laughing at how stupid the people was that voted for him. RTR!   

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 24, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »

I'm sure everyone has been hearing about all the people that lost their insurance because the company had to cancel the policy because it did not meet the minimum requirements of the law now.  For example, if you did not buy maternity coverage your policy is illegal under the new law.  Every night we hear about a new batch of cancellation letters being sent out to several hundred thousand people.  Well I heard last night that someone has finally estimated that there are about 16 million policies total that are being cancelled like that.  And since the web site doesn't work, these people can't get online and buy another policy.  So basically this law has caused 16 million families to LOSE coverage that had coverage before.

Banging your head against the wall. Banging your head against the wall. Banging your head against the wall.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »

And even if they could get on the web site to buy a new policy it is going to cost them more.  Why?  You guessed it... they will have maternity coverage now and all those other things they opted out of when they made their own choices about what kind of insurance they needed.  So an 80 year old woman will be forced to have maternity coverage now.  What's worse is that an 80 year old MAN will too.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

Many people, especially young healthy adults, buy a policy that has decent coverage for major medical expenses. In other words it protects against the high ticket items like hospital stays, and surgery. This type policy leaves doctors visits, maternity and drugs uncovered. The cost of this type policy is much cheaper.

Under Obamacare these type policy's will no longer exist. Many of these are the ones being canceled. In order for Obamacare to work they need young healthy people who require little or no libility to insurance companies to buy Obamacare compliant policy. They are required to offset older, high risk, unhealthy policy holders who will be getting lower cost with Obamacare. This is socialized health care. Obama wants the wealthy to support the poor and the healthy to support the unhealthy.

Keep in mind Obama said if you have existing insurance nothing will change. I bet the millions of people that are getting dropped from their currect insurance policy have an issue with that statement.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: October 25, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »

what kills me is , it's being said there are only about five States
that the Ins. rates didn't sky rocket in , New York being one of the five ...

when the obamanites talk about the new great price of coverage
which State do they use as a comparison ? well of course , NEW YORK ! 

Banging your head against the wall. Banging your head against the wall. Banging your head against the wall.

yep , they think we are stupid 

I'm so fricken' sick of hearing New York Ins. great prices I want to
throw something at the dang TV !

say send me to hell or New York City ? well .... ?
yep , they doing it !

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »

Remember the quote below from Obama. Who is lying? Obama or the millions of families claiming their existing health care plan is being cancelled because it does not meet Obamacare requirements?

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period," he said in 2009, during an American Medical Association conference. "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

Angry
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: October 29, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »

Remember the quote below from Obama. Who is lying? Obama or the millions of families claiming their existing health care plan is being cancelled because it does not meet Obamacare requirements?

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period," he said in 2009, during an American Medical Association conference. "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

Angry

SO ? you ain't got obama care in Mobile Alabama USA  ?
no insurance ? sick as hell ?
need medical attention ?
want great treatment ?
no problem ... !

the first story Click here for link

more of the story and some video Click here for link

come on down and get ya' some !!!!!!

more to come 

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2013, 09:59:39 AM »

Let me say one thing, I praise GOD I don't have to deal with this stuff. I am protected by the VA. I can only say, that I have friends that I know whose insurance doubled in cost from $200 a month to $425 a month. If this is helpful, I can not believe it yet. Where is the betterment? RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 30, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

It is very unfortunate that we have a dysfunctional government that can not solve problems for "we the people".  The left is overflowing with arrogance, and the right is overflowing with incompetence.

I don't want to hear any more of these left wing spin doctors say that these policies that are being cancelled were not "real" insurance policies.  Are you kidding me?  Who appointed you to decide what kind of insurance policy is right for me and my family?

Several years ago I worked as an independent contractor and had to buy my own insurance on the individual market.  I went to a private sector web site that is essentially a functional version of what the keystone cops in the government are trying to build.  In fact, that web site still exists today and is what the government site only dreams that it could be.  And I will bet it did not cost them anywhere near $600 million to build.  Take a look around, and I will also bet you the site does not go down while you are there:  eHealthInsurance.com

It listed all of the insurance plans available in my market with all of the different options.  I studied this information for several days, analyzing premium costs, deductibles, co-pays, and all of the other parameters until I found the policy that I liked the best.  This policy very closely matched what we needed as a family.  I know this is going to come as a shock to some of these nutjobs in Washington, but I actually, and on purpose, declined to pay extra for maternity coverage.  I did the math and determined that the additional cost in the premium was not worth the added benefit.  I had already paid for one childbirth out of pocket and knew exactly what it would cost if I had to do that again.  It was actually cheaper to pay for that out of pocket than to pay the additional monthly premium over the course of a couple of years.  At the time I could tell you exactly how often you would need to have a child to reach the break even point on having the maternity coverage.  If you had children more often than the break even point, it was cheaper to have the insurance coverage.  If you had children less often than the break even point, then you were better off paying for it out of pocket.  The point is that I did all of those calculations and the risk analysis and determined what was best for my family.  It really ticks me off when these arrogant politicians proclaim that they know what is best for me.

Now the Republicans are no better.  They are so incompetent that they can't even beat the arrogant Democrats. Take the last election for example.  The predominant issue facing the country was healthcare.  Obamacare, throughout its history, has never had the majority support of the American people.  This should be a slam dunk election for the Republicans to win.  But no, they are so stupid they manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Instead of running someone who can give the country an alternative solution to Obamacare, they run the original architect of ObamacareRomneycare.  Are you kidding me?  So our two choices are the guy who originally created this abomination at the state level, or the guy who wants to take that same abomination and enact it at the federal level.  I wonder what will happen at the ballot box... DUH! the people who don't want this at all will pretty much stay home since both guys are horrible choices, and the people who do want it will go vote for the guy from their own party.  Now what geniuses could not see that coming?  That would be the Republican primary voters who voted for Romney.

I don't know the solution to all of the problems that we as a country have with the federal government.  Until we can figure that out though, perhaps we should have as little of this "government" as we can possibly get away with.  Build some roads, defend the country, etc. then give the rest of the money back to "we the people" so that we can buy our own health insurance, and maybe have a little left over to give to the family down the street to help catch up on their mortgage before they go into foreclosure.

ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 30, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »

Well said my brother. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 30, 2013, 01:31:54 PM »

Republicans are incompetent and lack leadership. However, they are still much more to by liking than the democrats. Republicans need to quickly address their shortcomings and get a good strong candidate ready for the next election.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 133
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0