Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #*$&%ing Yellow Jackets!!!  (Read 7327 times)
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1977

rueben

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »

So let me preface this little story with the following:
   Two weeks ago I was on duty at the FD and we are standing by on scene with a large tree across some powerlines.  Due to the terrain, we were sitting a good deal away form the tree, and waiting on the Utility Dept to show up. It was pretty late at night, and very dark in the fire engine. I started to re-position myself in the seat, and I dropped my hands down in my lap .  BAM! I get nailed on the outer edge of my hand by a small flying creatutre. I Never saw what stung me because it was dark.
   Last week me and ther boy are out for a little road trip just to get out of the house. We are headed down to the state line to by some lottery tickets. In the jeep with the top and doors off. I am wearing some cargo shorts. I feel something on my outer thigh, inside the cargo shorts. Seems a wasp had flown into the leg of my shorts and he ain't happy! Pow!!! Sting # 2 in two weeks.
   So yesterday I am out clearing some brush, and a I feel something kinda buzz my face. Before I can shoo it away, "BLOOM"! But all of a sudden "POW" on my arm , "ZING" on my knee!!! I realized exactly what it was. I took off, and in the first 40 yards I passed Trent Richardson like he was sitting still. (Well, I could have anyway!!!) I make it to the back door and feel hits on my calf and one on each ankle. Plus one on my middle finger of my right hand.
 I finally get them all off of me and make it in the back door. (No way I could take a chance of bringing one in and it stinging my Boo).  50 mg of benadryl and a pepcid later, and I still look like I fought rocky with my right eye and right hand all swole up. And left knee not much better.
     I know that God has a reason for every creature, but there are a few Imma ask him about when we meet! Yellow Jackets Wasps to start with!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:48:30 PM by rueben » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »

So let me preface this lilttle story with the following:
   Two weeks ago I was on duyt at the FD and we are standing by a scene with a large tree across some powerlines.  Due to the terrain we are sitting  a good deal away form the tree, and waiting on the Utility Dept to show up. Its pretty late at night, and very dark in the fire engine. I go to just myself in the seat, and I drop my hands down in my lap, and BAM! I get nailed on the outer edge of my hand. Never saw what stung me because it was dark.
   Last week me and ther boy are out for a little road trip just to get out of the house. We are headed down to the state line to by some lottery tickets. On the jeep top and doors off. I am wearing some cargo shorts. I feel something on my outer thigh, inside the cargo shorts. Seems a wasp had flown into the leg of my shorts and he ain't happy! Pow!!! Sting # 2. in two weeks.
   So yesterday I am out clearing some brush, and a I feel something kinda buzz my face. Before I can shoo it away, "BLOOM"! But all of a sudden "POW" on my arm , "ZING" on my knee!!! I realized exactly what it was. I took off, and in the first 40 yards I passed Trent Richardson like he was sitting still. ( Well, I could have anyway!!!) I make it to the back door and feel hits on my calf and one on each ankle. Plus one on my middle finger of my right hand.
 I finally get them all off of me and make it in the back door. (No way I could take a chance of bringing one in and it stinging my Boo).  50 mg of benadryl and a pepcid later, and I still look like I fought rocky with my right eye and right hand all swole up. And left knee not much better.
     I know that God has a reason for every creature, but there are a few Imma ask him about when we meet! Yellow Jackets Wasps to start with!

BLOOM!  Laughing

I thought you were going to tell as that Georgia Tech was trying to be #14.  Cheesy

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »

Trust me coach I didn't even get near the doe when it went "BLOOM!!!"

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »

Trust me coach I didn't even get near the doe when it went "BLOOM!!!"

Laughing

Applause E-Cred

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »

I just re-read and I am mortified by my typo and spelling errors...I will correct...NOW!!!

KoKoPuf
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3504

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

Wasps & Yellow Jackets hate me with a passion! I guess it goes back to when I used to destroy their nests as a kid. If I am in a group, I am the one who gets stung. If I walk near a nest, they attack. And they seem to hurt more every year!
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »

If I am in a group, I am the one who gets stung. If I walk near a nest, they attack. And they seem to hurt more every year!
This could be very helpful info to know...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

So let me preface this little story with the following:
   Two weeks ago I was on duty at the FD and we are standing by on scene with a large tree across some powerlines.  Due to the terrain, we were sitting a good deal away form the tree, and waiting on the Utility Dept to show up. It was pretty late at night, and very dark in the fire engine. I started to re-position myself in the seat, and I dropped my hands down in my lap .  BAM! I get nailed on the outer edge of my hand by a small flying creatutre. I Never saw what stung me because it was dark.
   Last week me and ther boy are out for a little road trip just to get out of the house. We are headed down to the state line to by some lottery tickets. In the jeep with the top and doors off. I am wearing some cargo shorts. I feel something on my outer thigh, inside the cargo shorts. Seems a wasp had flown into the leg of my shorts and he ain't happy! Pow!!! Sting # 2 in two weeks.
   So yesterday I am out clearing some brush, and a I feel something kinda buzz my face. Before I can shoo it away, "BLOOM"! But all of a sudden "POW" on my arm , "ZING" on my knee!!! I realized exactly what it was. I took off, and in the first 40 yards I passed Trent Richardson like he was sitting still. (Well, I could have anyway!!!) I make it to the back door and feel hits on my calf and one on each ankle. Plus one on my middle finger of my right hand.
 I finally get them all off of me and make it in the back door. (No way I could take a chance of bringing one in and it stinging my Boo).  50 mg of benadryl and a pepcid later, and I still look like I fought rocky with my right eye and right hand all swole up. And left knee not much better.

So let me get this straight, you shoo too?
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:25 AM »

I've had my fair share of yellow jacket stings.  I used to cut my aunt's yard and every year I would run over a next.  anywhere from 5-10 stings.  The ones on the head and face are ROUGH.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »

Those bad boys dooooo hurt!  Cry

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »

Years ago, I was cutting grass one evening. I was minding my own business pushing my fine Walmart -Murray 21 inch push mower. All of sudden (BLOOM!). I felt my legs were on fire and starting to burn. I looked down and no less than 6-8 yellow jackets were stinging me through my jeans. SOB! SOB!

Last year I walked out of my basement door and the second I did (BLOOM!) one of them stung me right on my face just to the side of my eyeball. SOB! SOB!

Another time I was at work. I had went outside, to take a break. I was sitting at the picnic table drinking A Mt. Dew. I picked up my drink to take a swallow and (BLOOM!) got stung right on the friggin end of my tongue. I instantly got a very thick tongue and couldn't speak but broken English.TOB! TOB! TOB!

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »

TOB! TOB! TOB!

Laughing
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »

Years ago, I was cutting grass one evening. I was minding my own business pushing my fine Walmart -Murray 21 inch push mower. All of sudden (BLOOM!). I felt my legs were on fire and starting to burn. I looked down and no less than 6-8 yellow jackets were stinging me through my jeans. SOB! SOB!

Last year I walked out of my basement door and the second I did (BLOOM!) one of them stung me right on my face just to the side of my eyeball. SOB! SOB!

Another time I was at work. I had went outside, to take a break. I was sitting at the picnic table drinking A Mt. Dew. I picked up my drink to take a swallow and (BLOOM!) got stung right on the friggin end of my tongue. I instantly got a very thick tongue and couldn't speak but broken English.TOB! TOB! TOB!

Laughing Those bad boys love Mt. Dew.
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

When I was very young I was mowing my grandfather's front lawn. I got ate up by the lil' yellow demons. That night I went into convulsions and had to got to the e/r.  I took a lot of stings to the head, which may well explain the way I am today...

#1Tidefan
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 02:56:55 AM »

I hate'em! They killed my dog at a lake fishin one time. The poor rascal had apparently hiked his leg on the wrong tree to do his thing, when they swarmed him...

I tried and cried, when I could do nothin to save him. I got several stings just tryin to approach him, to no avail. The poor dog, just kept biting at them, rather than heeding my call to jump in the lake.

One of the worst days of my life...I HATE those lil yella %$#@*&$@! Angry
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 187
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0