Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass shooting in San Bernadino, Ca  (Read 10012 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2015, 04:05:17 PM »

14 dead & 14 injured, according to news conference by Chief of Police. Prayers to the victims and families.  Pray

Click here for link
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »

Prayers to all those involved. Today we have the media and we see more pain and death than ever before in this country. Welcome to a melting pot. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Merk
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3915

Merk

ROLL TIDE!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »

I've thought about getting my CCW for a while now. With this latest round of violence, I just may go ahead a get it done. Anymore, you just never know when it could make the difference between living and dying.

"Son, we're Alabama. We don't play second fiddlle to anyone". ~Friday Night Lights
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 06:29:56 PM »

I've thought about getting my CCW for a while now. With this latest round of violence, I just may go ahead a get it done. Anymore, you just never know when it could make the difference between living and dying.

I'm with you, Merk. This has gotten unbelievable!  Undecided
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »

After years of thinking about it, I finally got mine when the sherif's office opened the Monday after the Paris attack.  By that Friday I had purchased a pistol I can carry in my pocket.  I have been to the firing range a couple of times now and will probably go about once a week until I am confident I can hit what I am aiming at.

Body shots are easy and I don't miss on those.  But I am strictly practicing head shots now, the idea being that the guy could be wearing a suicide vest.  I don't want him laying on the ground bleeding to death for several minutes with the ability to set off his vest or continue shooting a few more rounds.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

After years of thinking about it, I finally got mine when the sherif's office opened the Monday after the Paris attack.  By that Friday I had purchased a pistol I can carry in my pocket.  I have been to the firing range a couple of times now and will probably go about once a week until I am confident I can hit what I am aiming at.

Body shots are easy and I don't miss on those.  But I am strictly practicing head shots now, the idea being that the guy could be wearing a suicide vest.  I don't want him laying on the ground bleeding to death for several minutes with the ability to set off his vest or continue shooting a few more rounds.

We are no longer safe in our every day lives. We must protect ourselves and our families from the radical idiots that continually make their way here. Whether it's Al Quaeda or ISIS, or some crazy idealist or mentally challenged militant, I've never been as concerned about this as I am now. The better we are armed, the better the odds, that what happened in San Bernadino, Sandy Hook, Ft Hood, etc, will not happen to those of us who are armed and prepared.
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »

We are no longer safe in our every day lives. We must protect ourselves and our families from the radical idiots that continually make their way here. Whether it's Al Quaeda or ISIS, or some crazy idealist or mentally challenged militant, I've never been as concerned about this as I am now. The better we are armed, the better the odds, that what happened in San Bernadino, Sandy Hook, Ft Hood, etc, will not happen to those of us who are armed and prepared.

Even more guns.   Shocked
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:20 AM »

The US is averaging more than one shooting a day this year.

Just yesterday, Senate Republicans voted against a law that would have prevented persons on the terrorist watch list, felons and the mentally ill from purchasing firearms.  I fail to see how that keeps us safer.

Senate Republicans voted against barring suspected terrorists, felons and the mentally ill from getting guns on Thursday afternoon, parroting National Rifle Association arguments that doing so would strip some innocent people of their constitutional rights to gun access just a day after yet another massacre on U.S. soil.

A pair of Democratic measures - one to close background check loopholes to make it harder for felons and the mentally ill from buying guns, another to ban those on the terror watch list from buying guns - both went down in flames against near-unanimous GOP opposition.

Click here for link
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 05:28:34 AM »

"People can be bought."  HTH

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 05:31:43 AM »

"People can be Politicians are bought."  HTH
FIFY   Grin
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »

"People can be Politicians are bought."  HTH
FIFY   Grin

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »

A mass shooting is often defined as one in which four or more victims die.  Using this, the US has had 355 mass shootings so far this year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:06:17 PM by Old Tider » Logged
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »

Just yesterday, Senate Republicans voted against a law that would have prevented persons on the terrorist watch list, felons and the mentally ill from purchasing firearms.  I fail to see how that keeps us safer.

Senate Republicans voted against barring suspected terrorists, felons and the mentally ill from getting guns on Thursday afternoon, parroting National Rifle Association arguments that doing so would strip some innocent people of their constitutional rights to gun access just a day after yet another massacre on U.S. soil.

A pair of Democratic measures - one to close background check loopholes to make it harder for felons and the mentally ill from buying guns, another to ban those on the terror watch list from buying guns - both went down in flames against near-unanimous GOP opposition.

Click here for link

I don't know any of the details about this specific bill, but I am not going to assume that it is "good" just because the democrats and certain media outlets claim that it is.  By the same token though, I will not assume that it is "bad" simply because the republicans and the NRA vote it down.  In fact, since the vote was so partisan, I think it is safe to say that this was not a real solution but simply political posturing by both sides.

However, I was furious when I recently found out that supposedly 40% of firearm purchases do not require a background check, the same background check that I had to go through a couple of weeks ago.  I am not sure how that happens, but I assume that it has to do with buying the weapon at a gun show.

This, my friends, is why I am generally opposed to the federal government doing pretty much anything beyond what is absolutely necessary, such as national defense.  They are so incompetent that whatever they attempt to do is going to end up like this.  I am not a genius, but it seems quite obvious to little ol' me that someone who can't pass a background check would just go and buy their weapons at the gun show.  So the net effect of having the background check is that it forces law abiding citizens who buy their gun at a gun store and have no trouble passing the background check to have to go through more crap while the bad guys go to the gun show and walk out with a weapon.  In my case it took 3 days for them to figure out that I was a good guy.  Had they taken 1 more day I could have bought the weapon any way without them ever finishing the background check, which is also stupid.

So, in summary, the Brady Bill is stupid, does nothing to curtail illegal gun purchases, and is only an inconvenience to those who have done nothing wrong.  This farce of the democrats trying to pass more and more of these "common sense" gun laws every time something bad happens and the republicans opposing every single gun law is quite tiresome.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »

Click here for link

I don't know any of the details about this specific bill, but I am not going to assume that it is "good" just because the democrats and certain media outlets claim that it is.  By the same token though, I will not assume that it is "bad" simply because the republicans and the NRA vote it down.  In fact, since the vote was so partisan, I think it is safe to say that this was not a real solution but simply political posturing by both sides.

However, I was furious when I recently found out that supposedly 40% of firearm purchases do not require a background check, the same background check that I had to go through a couple of weeks ago.  I am not sure how that happens, but I assume that it has to do with buying the weapon at a gun show.

This, my friends, is why I am generally opposed to the federal government doing pretty much anything beyond what is absolutely necessary, such as national defense.  They are so incompetent that whatever they attempt to do is going to end up like this.  I am not a genius, but it seems quite obvious to little ol' me that someone who can't pass a background check would just go and buy their weapons at the gun show.  So the net effect of having the background check is that it forces law abiding citizens who buy their gun at a gun store and have no trouble passing the background check to have to go through more crap while the bad guys go to the gun show and walk out with a weapon.  In my case it took 3 days for them to figure out that I was a good guy.  Had they taken 1 more day I could have bought the weapon any way without them ever finishing the background check, which is also stupid.

So, in summary, the Brady Bill is stupid, does nothing to curtail illegal gun purchases, and is only an inconvenience to those who have done nothing wrong.  This farce of the democrats trying to pass more and more of these "common sense" gun laws every time something bad happens and the republicans opposing every single gun law is quite tiresome.
True, it's all politics.  The Brady Bill was on Reagan's agenda, by the way.  No way he would win the Republican primary today.   
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 02:10:20 PM »

Reagan was not half the man that Trump is. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 202
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2