Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game notes Bama vs UK  (Read 11634 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 05:46:16 AM »

First, thanks much hscoach for a thorough and accurate review.  Applause E-Cred

Second, SC:
I was really annoyed when they put the game in a small window and talked to Todd McShay for so long.  Believe it or not ESPN, I did not tune into this game to hear why Todd McShay thinks AJ is a "3rd tier" QB.  I know it might be hard to believe, but I did actually want to watch the game.  When I want to hear Todd McShay I watch College Football Live.

Just a simple fix that works for me: Eli Gold.  HTH.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 06:05:05 AM »

It wasn't a perfect game against Kentucky, but I enjoyed it!

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 06:51:32 AM »

One more piece of the magical puzzle in place for the elusive 3peat.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 08:04:08 AM »

One question I have for others, does it look like CF is in motion before the ball is snapped on FGs and PATs,or is it just me?
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »

One question I have for others, does it look like CF is in motion before the ball is snapped on FGs and PATs,or is it just me?

I noticed on the FG late in the 3rd qtr he almost beat the ball to AJ. I need to watch the replay to see if he did it on all kicks.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »

First, thanks much hscoach for a thorough and accurate review.  Applause E-Cred

Second, SC:
I was really annoyed when they put the game in a small window and talked to Todd McShay for so long.  Believe it or not ESPN, I did not tune into this game to hear why Todd McShay thinks AJ is a "3rd tier" QB.  I know it might be hard to believe, but I did actually want to watch the game.  When I want to hear Todd McShay I watch College Football Live.

Just a simple fix that works for me: Eli Gold.  HTH.

The audio is easily remedied, but how do you make the game full screen?  I record every game, so I will have his little diatribe preserved in my game archive forever.

Angry

On the other hand... you better believe I am going to whip that sucker out and post it on youtube if AJ goes on to win the Super Bowl.

Laughing

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 10:19:16 AM »

I noticed on the FG late in the 3rd qtr he almost beat the ball to AJ. I need to watch the replay to see if he did it on all kicks.

I did not notice that.  I will look for it when I watch again.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

I have a rules question for you guys.  On one of the pass plays, I believe it was to Cooper, he caught the ball and his toe came down fully in bounds, but then when his heel came all the way down his heel was on the line.

They called it a catch out of bounds.  Does anybody know what the rules say about that?  I thought a toe in bounds was good enough to be a catch.  It certainly is when you are turned around the other way and heading out of bounds going forward and you drag the top of your toe.  But in this case he was backwards, his toe hit in bounds, then his heel came down out of bounds.  I can't remember ever seeing this happen in a game.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »

I have a rules question for you guys.  On one of the pass plays, I believe it was to Cooper, he caught the ball and his toe came down fully in bounds, but then when his heel came all the way down his heel was on the line.

They called it a catch out of bounds.  Does anybody know what the rules say about that?  I thought a toe in bounds was good enough to be a catch.  It certainly is when you are turned around the other way and heading out of bounds going forward and you drag the top of your toe.  But in this case he was backwards, his toe hit in bounds, then his heel came down out of bounds.  I can't remember ever seeing this happen in a game.

If any part of the foot was in bounds without any of it touching out of bounds at the point of catch, it is complete. I was yelling for them to appeal, but of course nothing happened.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 10:34:06 AM »

If any part of the foot was in bounds without any of it touching out of bounds at the point of catch, it is complete. I was yelling for them to appeal, but of course nothing happened.

That is what I thought too.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »

They ruled his heel and toe (entire foot) landed at the same time with the heel being on the line. I thought he got the toe down in bounds before the heel touched the line. If the game was close they might have reviewed the play.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »

I have a rules question for you guys.  On one of the pass plays, I believe it was to Cooper, he caught the ball and his toe came down fully in bounds, but then when his heel came all the way down his heel was on the line.

They called it a catch out of bounds.  Does anybody know what the rules say about that?  I thought a toe in bounds was good enough to be a catch.  It certainly is when you are turned around the other way and heading out of bounds going forward and you drag the top of your toe.  But in this case he was backwards, his toe hit in bounds, then his heel came down out of bounds.  I can't remember ever seeing this happen in a game.

They ruled his heel and toe (entire foot) landed at the same time with the heel being on the line. I thought he got the toe down in bounds before the heel touched the line. If the game was close they might have reviewed the play.

You guys are all correct.  Cooper should have been ruled in bounds.
One of this morning's articles (that I posted in Quad) discussed that error by the refs.

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »

I scanned thru the game looking at a couple of things and I want to add a couple of things.
First, I do think Cooper's catch could have been ruled a completion.
Second, I think you can call Cade for motion on almost every FG/EP.
Third, Grant Hill played almost as much as Shepherd did at RT.
Fourth, I think Black earned a little more playing time last game.
Fifth, AJ made two bad reads early in the game.  On the slant he tried to throw to Jones, the outside rec was wide open and when he tried to hit TJ on the back shoulder throw the underneath guy was wide open.
Finally, Bama uses many offensive players on Punt coverage and Kick off coverage.  This is usually a spot for defensive players.  The coaches must do a great job because at some point the guys have to go thru tackling drills.  I saw 2, 22, 1, 17, 28, and 7 on these teams at some point.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »

I scanned thru the game looking at a couple of things and I want to add a couple of things.
First, I do think Cooper's catch could have been ruled a completion.
Second, I think you can call Cade for motion on almost every FG/EP.
Third, Grant Hill played almost as much as Shepherd did at RT.
Fourth, I think Black earned a little more playing time last game.
Fifth, AJ made two bad reads early in the game.  On the slant he tried to throw to Jones, the outside rec was wide open and when he tried to hit TJ on the back shoulder throw the underneath guy was wide open.
Finally, Bama uses many offensive players on Punt coverage and Kick off coverage.  This is usually a spot for defensive players.  The coaches must do a great job because at some point the guys have to go thru tackling drills.  I saw 2, 22, 1, 17, 28, and 7 on these teams at some point.

I can't recall a kicker ever getting flagged for motion on a kickoff or field goal. Have you guys?

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »

I can't recall a kicker ever getting flagged for motion on a kickoff or field goal. Have you guys?
No.  But I've noticed CF with his mouthpiece stuck in his facemask during field goals.  Some knucklehead ref could penalize him for that (and cost us a game).

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:37:26 PM by Chechem » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 278
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0