Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Advice From Forum Folks  (Read 14648 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

Thanks for the heads up about free HBO and cinemax this weekend. I really like Directv. Plus when I go to the races, I take a spare dish, a receiver from the house and boom, all my channels while I sit outside my camper at the track. Most campers do this, but you'd be surprised the friends you make when you have the Bama game on in the campground.
We always take our Directv with us when we camp. (Plus 2 tv's). I am not a "roughing it" camper. I like AC and TV LOL
Laughing Laughing
No kidding.  Next trip to Yellowstone, I'm camping next to y'all.  Toast 4

Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 724

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »

Thanks for the heads up about free HBO and cinemax this weekend. I really like Directv. Plus when I go to the races, I take a spare dish, a receiver from the house and boom, all my channels while I sit outside my camper at the track. Most campers do this, but you'd be surprised the friends you make when you have the Bama game on in the campground.
We always take our Directv with us when we camp. (Plus 2 tv's). I am not a "roughing it" camper. I like AC and TV LOL
Laughing Laughing

I'm serious! He gets the camper parked and leveled. I go inside to start straightening things. He gets the DVR boxes, the satellite dish and starts working on it. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it takes him hours. I usually cook in the microwave if it takes too long. Smiley Air Conditioner is on Arctic. I have to use blankets and sweaters but he likes cold air. Although, he sits OUTSIDE in front of the tv and DVR watching golf, football, baseball or the females walking by! roflol
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »

Laughing Laughing

I'm serious! He gets the camper parked and leveled. I go inside to start straightening things. He gets the DVR boxes, the satellite dish and starts working on it. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it takes him hours. I usually cook in the microwave if it takes too long. Smiley Air Conditioner is on Arctic. I have to use blankets and sweaters but he likes cold air. Although, he sits OUTSIDE in front of the tv and DVR watching golf, football, baseball or the females walking by! roflol
Wow.  Here's a pic of my campsite in Yellowstone (while on a fishing trip this summer):

Night vs Day, eh?

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »

I have Charter for internet and it is fantastic.  I have the 100M plan and I get every bit of what I am paying for.  I've never had a single problem that was their fault.  I had a bad piece of equipment on my end once that it took me a little while to track down, but that wasn't their responsibility.  I would highly recommend them.

I have DirecTV for TV.  I'm pretty indifferent about them.  I'm actually a little annoyed with both them and Dish.  They will both bend over backwards to get you to switch, but then once they get you as a customer they don't really care any more.  Perfect example:  right now DirecTV is advertising NFL Sunday Ticket for free for new customers.  How about showing your loyal customers some appreciation?  When they come out with a new fancy receiver, they will give it to new customers for free, but they expect their existing customers to pay for it.  Dish is the same way.  I was on Dish for about 5 years because they carried my local channels before DirecTV had them.  Then one day my receiver went out.  This was a receiver they provided and they owned.  If I left the service I had to send it back to them.  They would not send me a replacement, they wanted me to pay $200 to have it replaced.  So I switched back to DirecTV, and got their latest and greatest receiver for free.  I'm not really impressed with either of those guys, but I do like having a satellite.

I don't even have a home telephone, and haven't had one in 6 years.  My wife and I both have cell phones and we never use all of our minutes, so no need to pay extra for a home phone.

If I were moving, I would look seriously at a TV/internet bundle with Charter.  I can't say anything about their TV service because I've never had it, but I would certainly look into it if I had to move and redo everything.

Just my 2 cents.

Coach - Call Directv. I call them every 2 -3 months. I complain and threaten to cancel my account if they can't get my bill down to $100 or under. They do and then in 2-3 months, it sneaks back up so I repeat the process. However, this past week when I called (ANGRY I might add) and asked to speak to the termination department, I got great results. I got my bill reduced PLUS he gave me the NFL package for free. The deal is free for a 1 year commitment. I had already committed to 2 years last year to get a $20 a month discount and still have a year left so it was a no brainer for me to take that one Smiley  If you've been a customer for years, they WANT to satisfy you. Ask for any and ALL discounts and if they say they don't have any, ask for the termination department. Smiley

I'm very familiar with this procedure. When I call, I'm referred to as "Mr. You Again".
Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »

and THIS is one of our last trips! Of course it was raining but our flags were out anyway Smiley

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »

and THIS is one of our last trips! Of course it was raining but our flags were out anyway Smiley

Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred
I didn't take a pic the day my tent was frozen with sleet and snow.  Tents don't work well in such, but it's all about being near the fishing holes.  None of the cabins at Yellowstone are near the good fishing or pretty places.

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »

Terrie, is that a Nebraska flag I see? No kidding here, what is the story on that?

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

Terrie, is that a Nebraska flag I see? No kidding here, what is the story on that?

<sigh>, yes it is! My husband is a die hard Nebraska fan. He will say now that he is a fan "OF" Alabama but he's not an Alabama fan. I tell him I don't care because we are doing fine without him Smiley  I have to say that deep inside, when NE loses, I kinda smile! LOL When the games are on at the same time, I get the big tv and he goes to his man room to watch his game.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »

<sigh>, yes it is! My husband is a die hard Nebraska fan. He will say now that he is a fan "OF" Alabama but he's not an Alabama fan. I tell him I don't care because we are doing fine without him Smiley  I have to say that deep inside, when NE loses, I kinda smile! LOL When the games are on at the same time, I get the big tv and he goes to his man room to watch his game.

Just remember, it can always be worse. He could have been a UT fan. 

Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »

LOL No he could not have been. I DO have standards you know! Smiley
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »

LOL No he could not have been. I DO have standards you know! Smiley

Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »

Night vs Day, eh?
Why that is one luxurious setup you have.  Tent and hammock.  A firepit and a folding chair.  Running water and a picnic table.

That looks like when I'm camping in style.  Smiley

Probably the most I've "roughed it" was in Colorado, at around 10K feet, where we had to stop at night because the dirt "road" was snowed under.  We pitched the tent on top of the snow, no heat or fire, no restroom or running water.  Definitely no hammock or picnic table.  That might have been the coldest night of my life.

But I'm too old for that these days.  Comfort is priority one.  We go with a cabin.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »

Night vs Day, eh?
Why that is one luxurious setup you have.  Tent and hammock.  A firepit and a folding chair.  Running water and a picnic table.
That looks like when I'm camping in style.  Smiley
Probably the most I've "roughed it" was in Colorado, at around 10K feet, where we had to stop at night because the dirt "road" was snowed under.  We pitched the tent on top of the snow, no heat or fire, no restroom or running water.  Definitely no hammock or picnic table.  That might have been the coldest night of my life.
But I'm too old for that these days.  Comfort is priority one.  We go with a cabin.
I'm probably older than you, CP.  But when the fish call, I'm doing what it takes.  Double sleeping bags for comfort, hammock for daytime naps, folding chair for sitting by the fire with coffee (see the pot of water?), and it all fits in a RAV4 easily to go anywhere on a whim.  I usually stay in comfort too, when it's available, but Yellowstone requires roughing it if you want to be close to the fish and enjoy the wilds.  Toast 4

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »

Man that is one camp site any naive woodsman would love. If Smokey Bear came in there he would sit by the first and chat with you with his coffee. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »

Man that is one camp site any naive woodsman would love. If Smokey Bear came in there he would sit by the first and chat with you with his coffee. RTR!

Roll Tide, Preacher.   

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 261
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0