Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Tyson is a vegetarian now...very fit..I think it's worth a try..not easy  (Read 17407 times)
Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

E-Cred: 173

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »

I loved your post Reuben. Cheesy

That's what I was thinking...eating small amounts of vegan foods more often to take care of the hungry feelings.  I hope Dannon plain yogurt will do until I can find Greek.  I never eat white bread and try not to eat much of anything made with white flour.

I also think slowly working into a healthy diet is the best...not try to convert all at once.  

At least it didn't work for me this past week.

Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

My whole problem is that I really need to eat better and shed probably a good 30-40 pounds, but I am just so stuck in my ways. I have eaten like I do all of my life (lots of meat, few vegetable, almost zero fruit, and WAY to many sodas and sugary snacks). How on earth do you start to eat better when you frankly don't like many of the things you are supposed to eat? And I know many people will say will power, but that is not something I was born with.

Just a little at a time...like we are talking about here I think cb.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »

I getcha. I just get really frustrated and down with myself when I start thinking "OK, this is the day that I am really going to try hard to be good" and then by the end of the day I am snacking on a Snickers and drinking a Dr. Pepper.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

I could talk about his all day...but need to check out for a while.

There is a solution cb. Cheesy
lgarner
Freshman

E-Cred: 47

Male

lgarner

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »

We did the Daniel Fast earlier this year. 21 days just fruit, veggies. No meat or sweets. Felt pretty good and my wife found some really good recipes. I couldn't go strictly vegetarian but would like to incorporate some veggie only meals into our weekly menus.

The Daniel fast also cleans the body for the Spirit to become more open. I wonder if you felt any of this? RTR!

Yes Ricky I did. That was the thing that got me through it. Denying the flesh and feeding the Spirit. And since we finished and I went back to my regular diet, I can feel my spirit getting weaker. I need to do this fast more than once a year.
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2005

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »

My whole problem is that I really need to eat better and shed probably a good 30-40 pounds, but I am just so stuck in my ways. I have eaten like I do all of my life (lots of meat, few vegetable, almost zero fruit, and WAY to many sodas and sugary snacks). How on earth do you start to eat better when you frankly don't like many of the things you are supposed to eat? And I know many people will say will power, but that is not something I was born with.

It's a choice. But, yes it has to be done a little at a time. YOU have to take responsibility. This is what worked FOR ME, ( might or might not work for you). I waited a long time in life, before becoming a father. ( I am a 44 year old with a 5 year old son). I looked him one day,w hile he was still an infant and decided that I want to be there when he gets his diploma, and maybe even be there as on option when he picks his best man, for his wedding. At the time, I ate anything, as long as it was fried. I'd kill 3-6 Mt. Dews a day. And I was also a chain smoking barfly. Now, don't get me wrong, I still "slip" everyonce in a while. Ain't nothing finer than a fried grouper sammich, with extra (homemade) tartar. And there are some fellow tide fans who will attest to my love of beer, and rum...and jager! But when I slip, I have to assume responsibility for myself.
 It's a YOUR choice bruh...no one can make it but you.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »

Any vegetarians here? 

Vegetarian is Indian word for Bad Hunter  Grin

LOL...never heard that.  Good one, Taz.   Cheesy

Personally I don't believe that a vegetarian diet is more healthful than a proper well-balanced diet that includes meat.  I'm a creationist, and further I believe God designed the Earth for humans.  That includes giving us animals to eat for meat.  This is also why I will never believe that killing for food is immoral.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »

Any vegetarians here? 

Personally I don't believe that a vegetarian diet is more healthful than a proper well-balanced diet that includes meat.  I'm a creationist, and further I believe God designed the Earth for humans.  That includes giving us animals to eat for meat.  This is also why I will never believe that killing for food is immoral.
Have a e-cred just because you don't have very many.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

A pity cred?!  Pity cred?!

Ok...I don't turn down nothin' free 'cept my collar.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »

Did not mean to offend. Just thought you were getting the short end of the e-cred stick.

rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2005

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »

Any vegetarians here? 

Yes. I agree. But, " All things in moderation...including moderation! Cheesy" And my post above was trying not to push a vegan or vegetarian life style, but healthier eating habits. No use in cutting out meats, but eating tons of "processed" foods. I just meat to "make conscious decisions" about life style and diet. And the fact that I am not one of those self righteous people who preach, " you gotta do it like this or else..." Hell, I wind up in the bar about 1-2 a month, and if I have drink one hand, i have a smoke in the other..."

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »

Did not mean to offend. Just thought you were getting the short end of the e-cred stick.

No offense taken; I was just joking around.  I came in during a lull on new member e-cred givings-out (hint, hint Supercoach).  Plus I think I lost a few from the WA crowd in the infamous Trouble thread.

Either that or I'm just fooling myself and am not a cred-worthy poster.   Huh?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:50:37 PM by Hannibal Lecter, MD » Logged
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

No offense taken; I was just joking around.  I got during a lull on new member e-cred givings-out (hint, hint Supercoach).  Plus I think I lost a few from the WA crowd in the infamous Trouble thread.

Either that or I'm just fooling myself and am not a cred-worthy poster.   Huh?
It's bad when the word association/song game crowd has more!

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »

It's a choice. But, yes it has to be done a little at a time. YOU have to take responsibility. This is what worked FOR ME, ( might or might not work for you). I waited a long time in life, before becoming a father. ( I am a 44 year old with a 5 year old son). I looked him one day,w hile he was still an infant and decided that I want to be there when he gets his diploma, and maybe even be there as on option when he picks his best man, for his wedding. At the time, I ate anything, as long as it was fried. I'd kill 3-6 Mt. Dews a day. And I was also a chain smoking barfly. Now, don't get me wrong, I still "slip" everyonce in a while. Ain't nothing finer than a fried grouper sammich, with extra (homemade) tartar. And there are some fellow tide fans who will attest to my love of beer, and rum...and jager! But when I slip, I have to assume responsibility for myself.
 It's a YOUR choice bruh...no one can make it but you.

This a very special post to me. I totally agree. I did have to give you an big E-Cred on that for sure. You all make this worth a learning session. I am about to go into the Daniel Fast, because I need to be closer. If you can see my love for University of Alabama, then multiply it 10 times for my Lord, or maybe to the 10th Power. This is why I love hearing others doing it. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »

Evander Holifield disputes this claim by Tyson  Huh?

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 302
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0