Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama Welcomes Tennessee In SEC Home Opener (12:00 ESPN2)  (Read 6214 times)
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

I sure hope we get together in the 10 to 12 weeks. We need injuries healed. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:04 AM »

We are in for a long season I am afraid.  My hope is that our young team can get some good experience for next year, and hopefully we can get some big guys to help us out during recruiting.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »

Jacobs has been a big disappointment to me. I expected much more out of him this year than what I've seen, he has no leaping ability or he's just not using it if he has it. I will give Gueye an A for effort, he just doesn't have the skills where Jacobs has the skills but gives very little effort.

I don't think I've ever seen a team miss as many layups in a game as I saw Bama miss yesterday. I agree it was very physical under the basket but many of their misses weren't that contested. Maybe it was a day of some bad luck with the misses but at least they were creating something positive by being able to drive to the basket, a big improvement over the past games.

Outside shooting is what's hurting the team the most and it won't get any better until some of these guys start using some of their personal time in the gym, working on their shot.

Hopefully yesterday's game will be the spark that ignites a fire underneath the players to work a little harder on their shooting and things will get better for the games ahead. It was a hard earned win but a good one, it was Tennessee. Wink

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 07:44:14 AM »

Jacobs has been a big disappointment to me. I expected much more out of him this year than what I've seen, he has no leaping ability or he's just not using it if he has it. I will give Gueye an A for effort, he just doesn't have the skills where Jacobs has the skills but gives very little effort.

I don't think I've ever seen a team miss as many layups in a game as I saw Bama miss yesterday. I agree it was very physical under the basket but many of their misses weren't that contested. Maybe it was a day of some bad luck with the misses but at least they were creating something positive by being able to drive to the basket, a big improvement over the past games.

Outside shooting is what's hurting the team the most and it won't get any better until some of these guys start using some of their personal time in the gym, working on their shot.

Hopefully yesterday's game will be the spark that ignites a fire underneath the players to work a little harder on their shooting and things will get better for the games ahead. It was a hard earned win but a good one, it was Tennessee. Wink

Good comments Jamos.

I agree Jacobs has been disappointing. I have come to believe he can not handle the post position alone. Last year he had Green getting most of the attention to help him out. He is a wide body but he is only 6-7. He has trouble getting his shot off. He should be getting more rebounds.

We missed at least a dozen point blank layups.

I think our outside shooting has improved a lot this year. Our problem is getting a clean look at the basket. Without any inside threat to score the defense is coming way out on the perimeter to contest shots. We shot 43% from the 3 pt line yesterday.

We have room to improve and have enough talent to win some SEC games. We will have match up problems all year without a big guy in the paint. Engstrom would help. We have signed 6-8 PF Shannon Hale fron Arden, NC and 6-9 C Jimmie Taylor fron Greensboro for next year. They are both 4 star ESPN Top 150 players. I would like to see a juco inside player sign as well.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 07:48:58 AM »

I sure hope we get together in the 10 to 12 weeks. We need injuries healed. RTR!

We are as healthy as we are going to get. Steele is back and Engstrom is out for the year. No other injuries.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »

We are as healthy as we are going to get. Steele is back and Engstrom is out for the year. No other injuries.

This will be a huge test of CAG's skills. We'll be holding our breath until the final buzzer trying to keep home games from being stolen, and hoping for away games to be kept close enough that we might have a chance to pull one or two off.

So this season comes down to how much progress we can make toward next year. Pollard and Jacobs and maybe Slaughter are the ones to watch. Steele is a senior academically, but maybe a senior in eligibility also, IDK. Gueye is a waste of a scholly, JMHO, but as long as he's is in a uniform let's hope he makes the most of his minutes. The balanced scoring (Saturday v. UTk) was the best I've seen this year. We shot over our heads a little and got out rebounded (14-6 on the off. boards) but was still a good sign that at the very least they still want to win!

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

I'm really anxious to see how they play the next game, I left Coleman with a better feeling last Saturday.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11:06 AM »

I'm really anxious to see how they play the next game, I left Coleman with a better feeling last Saturday.

The place looked pretty empty on TV.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 06:46:47 AM »

The place looked pretty empty on TV.

Actually it was their best attendance of the season, about half full or half empty . It's amazing that we have more fans sitting up in the "skydome" section than we have sitting in the high dollar sections. I guess that says a lot for the seaason ticket holders.

If Bama goes to Starkville and takes care of business as they should on Wednesday, there should be the largest crowd of the season in for the TAM game Saturday. There is also a parade scheduled for the football team that day as well. TAM beat Kentucky at Rupp last Saturday, so I think that should bring out the no-show season ticket holders.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:50:40 AM by Jamos » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »

The empty seats I saw were all down close to the court.  I guess I assumed that if those seats were empty the whole place must be pretty empty.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09:04 AM »

According to the final stats the attendance was 12,093 which is 80% capacity. On TV it looked about 50% to me which agrees with what Jamos said. Football is over and students are back in full swing so we should start seeing better crowds for the remaining home games.

The lighting in Coleman does not allow you to see the crowd on TV very good except for the first 8-10 rows. Coleman is big enough they have some nosebleed seats, especially in the corners.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »

In the previous games, the announcer of the game would invite all of the folks in the "Sky Dome" to move down to the lower seats after about 5 minutes into the game. They didn't do that last Saturday.

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »

The empty seats I saw were all down close to the court.  I guess I assumed that if those seats were empty the whole place must be pretty empty.
That's been going on for a long time, all the empty seats down low. It was frustrating when I had season tickets and many of the lower seats were empty.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »

That's been going on for a long time, all the empty seats down low. It was frustrating when I had season tickets and many of the lower seats were empty.
Almost like these ticket holders are leaving the seats open in protest of the basketball program not doing as well as the football program. I mean, how hard would it be to find a friend or relative that wanted the Tix, instead of letting the seats go empty?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 243
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0