Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Virginia Tech; Two Killed, Including a Police Officer" UPDATED; Officer id.  (Read 7904 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »

The police officer killed was Deriek Crouse, a married father of 5 childrenSad

Click here for link

Sad Sad Sad
Prayers for the family of that officer. Another one of our brave protectors here at home taken down senselessly.  Pray

You're dead on, CB. The thing is, with him and the shooter dead, it may be a long time, if ever, before anyone knows why this happened. I really feel for his family.  Sad  Pray
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »

Pray

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »

Click here for link

Sad Sad Sad
Prayers for the family of that officer. Another one of our brave protectors here at home taken down senselessly.  Pray

You're dead on, CB. The thing is, with him and the shooter dead, it may be a long time, if ever, before anyone knows why this happened. I really feel for his family.  Sad  Pray

I talked with my buddy in Virginia.  He said (speculation) that the traffic stop was related to a robbery that occurred the previous day.  If so, and if the shooter was the robbery suspect, then we'll know soon why it happened.

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

Click here for link

Sad Sad Sad

I talked with my buddy in Virginia.  He said (speculation) that the traffic stop was related to a robbery that occurred the previous day.  If so, and if the shooter was the robbery suspect, then we'll know soon why it happened.

Watching the live stream you provided yesterday, witnesses said the driver, that was pulled over, was not the shooter. As the officer was talking to the driver, someone apparently walked up to the officer from behind and shot him.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »

The man who fatally shot a campus police officer at Virginia Tech on Thursday before killing himself was a student at a nearby university who had stolen a vehicle at gunpoint the day before, officials said.

Virginia State Police on Friday identified the gunman as 22-year-old Ross Truett Ashley, a part-time student at Radford University in Radford, Virginia.

Ashley entered a real estate office in Radford on Wednesday and demanded the keys to an employee's white 2011 Mercedes Benz sport utility vehicle at gunpoint.

He drove off in the vehicle and later dumped it on the campus of Virginia Tech some time before his deadly confrontation with 39-year-old Deriek Crouse, an officer with the Virginia Tech campus police...

Click here for link

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »

The man who fatally shot a campus police officer at Virginia Tech on Thursday before killing himself was a student at a nearby university who had stolen a vehicle at gunpoint the day before, officials said.

Virginia State Police on Friday identified the gunman as 22-year-old Ross Truett Ashley, a part-time student at Radford University in Radford, Virginia.

Ashley entered a real estate office in Radford on Wednesday and demanded the keys to an employee's white 2011 Mercedes Benz sport utility vehicle at gunpoint.

He drove off in the vehicle and later dumped it on the campus of Virginia Tech some time before his deadly confrontation with 39-year-old Deriek Crouse, an officer with the Virginia Tech campus police...

Click here for link

Maybe if I spent a little less time posting..........  Embarrassed
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »

Directly below the story linked above was an article, or link to an article, where you can read about the killer. More articles about the killer's life and tribulations will follow. Here is an opportunity for the media to take a bite out of crime. Leave the killer and his life, family, and all his grievances with society in a pine box somewhere. No more instant fame for these kooks.  But will the liberal media chose the life of another police officer or innocent civilian someday soon, or a glorifying, justifying story that they do not have to work to get.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 02:06:16 AM »

Directly below the story linked above was an article, or link to an article, where you can read about the killer. More articles about the killer's life and tribulations will follow. Here is an opportunity for the media to take a bite out of crime. Leave the killer and his life, family, and all his grievances with society in a pine box somewhere. No more instant fame for these kooks.  But will the liberal media chose the life of another police officer or innocent civilian someday soon, or a glorifying, justifying story that they do not have to work to get.

Right.  Here's his photo.  Looks like a typical college kid.  Admittedly, I expected a thug when this story broke.

Click here for link
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:33:47 AM by Chechem » Logged

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 04:21:26 AM »

Directly below the story linked above was an article, or link to an article, where you can read about the killer. More articles about the killer's life and tribulations will follow. Here is an opportunity for the media to take a bite out of crime. Leave the killer and his life, family, and all his grievances with society in a pine box somewhere. No more instant fame for these kooks.  But will the liberal media chose the life of another police officer or innocent civilian someday soon, or a glorifying, justifying story that they do not have to work to get.

Right.  Here's his photo.  Looks like a typical college kid.  Admittedly, I expected a thug when this story broke.

Click here for link

I left the link off for all the reasoning stated above. Huh?

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 04:32:41 AM »

Click here for link

I know.  I added it to keep your blood flowing (and emphasize that I searched Foxnews.com).

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 04:37:12 AM »

Click here for link

I know.  I added it to keep your blood flowing (and emphasize that I searched Foxnews.com).
It did. BTW, what does Fox News have to do with anything?

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 04:41:20 AM »

Click here for link
They're fair and balanced.  I wanted to assure you that I was using a well-grounded site (e.g., not Bleacher.com).  HTH. 

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 04:58:39 AM »

Click here for link
They're fair and balanced.  I wanted to assure you that I was using a well-grounded site (e.g., not Bleacher.com).  HTH. 
Kudos on the Fair and Balanced truism. If you meant your link, I didn't click it. 

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 05:07:19 AM »

Click here for link
Kudos on the Fair and Balanced truism. If you meant your link, I didn't click it. 
Yep, the link.  I was going to move this thread to a more appropriate forum, whatever that was, but decided to banter with you first.  Kiss

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »

Click here for link
Yep, the link.  I was going to move this thread to a more appropriate forum, whatever that was, but decided to banter with you first.  Kiss
If Va Tech keeps it up we'll have to do a stickie.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 742
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0