Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT vs Bama game notes:  (Read 18439 times)
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »

Thanks much again, HSC.

You know what's coming, "What do you expect for the big matchup?"  I can already imagine you thinking 'flipping the field'.  What else?

I think they have to throw the ball.  AJ will have to take the small window.  Also, he must be on target.  The O line has got to open holes for TR and the other backs.  Mistake must be kept to a minimum.   On D they will have to play great assignment football and be ready for anything, fake punt, field goal and going for it on fourth.  The good thing is LSU has not had a lot of on field adversity.   Put them in passing situations and make them throw the ball to beat you.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »

Thanks much again, HSC.

You know what's coming, "What do you expect for the big matchup?"  I can already imagine you thinking 'flipping the field'.  What else?

I think they have to throw the ball.  AJ will have to take the small window.  Also, he must be on target.  The O line has got to open holes for TR and the other backs.  Mistake must be kept to a minimum.   On D they will have to play great assignment football and be ready for anything, fake punt, field goal and going for it on fourth.  The good thing is LSU has not had a lot of on field adversity.   Put them in passing situations and make them throw the ball to beat you.

Good on ya, HSC.  You may be up for a title promo: College Coach?

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »

I'll try and not GHEY UP your thread, but I'm not sure what a slammed release or slam release is. I let it go last week, but here we are again. Seems you are seeing something that is maybe causing the LBs to read pass, then slamming the TEs, when they maybe should have been filling gaps. Sorry.

Here is last weeks:

Click here for link

What I call a slam release is when the TE sells the block first.  He bangs the guy over him or a little inside, then he releases on the route.
So when you're talking DEFENSE and slam release comes up, it is in terms of what the "O" is showing us.

If we have to drag you kickin' and screamin' we are going to get to the bottom of this football stuff.

As always, thanks.  Not just for the notes, but I've also noticed you hanging around a little on Sunday, maybe Monday, in case anyone wanted to ask/discuss any of your points. That is nice of you. Roll Tide!

So what are the chances that CNS runs to the rgt. 10 times in a row after saying, "Fluker's gonna get those blocks downpat or we'll keep runnin' them until he drops"  or something to that stubborn nature?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »

Thanks much again, HSC.

Good on ya, HSC.  You may be up for a title promo: College Coach?

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but are a lot out there that know more than I do.   
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »

I'll try and not GHEY UP your thread, but I'm not sure what a slammed release or slam release is. I let it go last week, but here we are again. Seems you are seeing something that is maybe causing the LBs to read pass, then slamming the TEs, when they maybe should have been filling gaps. Sorry.

Here is last weeks:

Click here for link

What I call a slam release is when the TE sells the block first.  He bangs the guy over him or a little inside, then he releases on the route.
So when you're talking DEFENSE and slam release comes up, it is in terms of what the "O" is showing us.

If we have to drag you kickin' and screamin' we are going to get to the bottom of this football stuff.

As always, thanks.  Not just for the notes, but I've also noticed you hanging around a little on Sunday, maybe Monday, in case anyone wanted to ask/discuss any of your points. That is nice of you. Roll Tide!

So what are the chances that CNS runs to the rgt. 10 times in a row after saying, "Fluker's gonna get those blocks downpat or we'll keep runnin' them until he drops"  or something to that stubborn nature?

You are correct.  The opposing team will use the drop/flow and slam the TE and throw to the voided area.  The looks tends to be like a max protect set and then the TE sneaks out after his block/slam.

I try to stay around and talk football. 

I really don't know why they decided to run right so much.  Maybe they were trying to see if McCollough (sp) could handle the position.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »

Here is last weeks:

Click here for link

You are correct.  The opposing team will use the drop/flow and slam the TE and throw to the voided area.  The looks tends to be like a max protect set and then the TE sneaks out after his block/slam.

I really don't know why they decided to run right so much.  Maybe they were trying to see if McCollough (sp) could handle the position.

That's what I was thinking, Coach. DJ got beat like a rented mule on a few plays.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

Here is last weeks:

Click here for link

^^^ That could explain CNS going to that side. Also I'll bet there was other stuff he was working into the Tenn game, getting ready for LSU. How did you think McCollough (sp) did?

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »

Here is last weeks:

Click here for link

^^^ That could explain CNS going to that side. Also I'll bet there was other stuff he was working into the Tenn game, getting ready for LSU. How did you think McCollough (sp) did?
McCullough (lol)

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »

I think AM did ok.  I didn't really notice him getting beat badly.  DJ is getting beat at least twice a game. 
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »

I agree on all accounts coach ... good call !

I believe after that hit MB laid last week they didn't want none
though he did have one tackle and 3 assist and one break up
C.J. Mosley  was the leader with 4T and 4A  for a total of 8
Jesse didn't have one that I saw and I really wanted to see the
the White kid on O but that didn't happen either

well ... at least in the 2nd half we played more like a championship team

dear sweet Baby Jesus
please don't let them come out against LSU in flat as a pancake mode ! 

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

I think AM did ok.  I didn't really notice him getting beat badly.  DJ is getting beat at least twice a game. 
DJ is just trying to get around in those big shoes. Seriously though,  is twice that bad? I mean, if we had a play that we HAVE to get done, can you count on DJ?

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »

DJ is just trying to get around in those big shoes. Seriously though,  is twice that bad? I mean, if we had a play that we HAVE to get done, can you count on DJ?

I figure DJ should be able to block three guys at the same time
two with those feet and one with his head   

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »

Probably not that bad, but it is how bad he is beat each time.  Seems like it could be at a crucial time in some instances.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

I figure DJ should be able to block three guys at the same time
two with those feet and one with his head   

Laughing

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »

Probably not that bad, but it is how bad he is beat each time.  Seems like it could be at a crucial time in some instances.
There is another one where the 4th qtr. program may pay off. The "D" always wears out faster than the "O". So if one guy is trying to beat/get around Fluker, he is bound to be "hands on hips" by the 3rd qtr. Maybe he isn't staying focused--which was kinda the theme of todays notes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 705
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0