Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: barners Go to Washington  (Read 64031 times)
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »

Instead of having the Rack Out threads for games this fall, maybe we can have a Laugh Out the XXX thread.

Shocked  I thought this was a family site.  Wink

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »

the barn is getting accolades and having fun on the trip to Washington DC. But they are also learning that it is a an opportunity to practice skills they have studied during their academic life at west georgia university.

"Our players have taken the alphabetic street names (in Washington DC) as a challenge, singing along as the bus passed through intersections. "It has been fun and educational", and CGC adds, "The wheels on the Bus song was getting old, so we took it to a new level".

This exercise in rote almost became an insurmountable quest, as a road repair detour rerouted the team  bus to a parkway, missing L,M, N, O, and P. ""This team has faced challenges and adversity before", offered coach pooper scooper, "But when the going gets tough, the tough get paid--or something like that"!

But the squad looked ecstatic, as well as exhausted, as the team crossed through X,Y, and Z. "Our players persevered and conquered, without being paid", CGC said, "but the look on our players faces, after singing ...is the alphabet for me...  was priceless". The team has added a trip to the crayon museum as a reward to themselves.

In addition the coaches were very proud of the way the team worked through their disagreements after some players saw signs for RFK stadium.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »

Instead of having the Rack Out threads for games this fall, maybe we can have a Laugh Out the XXX thread.

That is putting a lot of pressure on the kids, SC.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2011, 10:04:14 PM »

the barn is getting accolades and having fun on the trip to Washington DC. But they are also learning that it is a an opportunity to practice skills they have studied during their academic life at west georgia university.

"Our players have taken the alphabetic street names (in Washington DC) as a challenge, singing along as the bus passed through intersections. "It has been fun and educational", and CGC adds, "The wheels on the Bus song was getting old, so we took it to a new level".

This exercise in rote almost became an insurmountable quest, as a road repair detour rerouted the team  bus to a parkway, missing L,M, N, O, and P. ""This team has faced challenges and adversity before", offered coach pooper scooper, "But when the going gets tough, the tough get paid--or something like that"!

But the squad looked ecstatic, as well as exhausted, as the team crossed through X,Y, and Z. "Our players persevered and conquered, without being paid", CGC said, "but the look on our players faces, after singing ...is the alphabet for me...  was priceless". The team has added a trip to the crayon museum as a reward to themselves.

In addition the coaches were very proud of the way the team worked through their disagreements after some players saw signs for RFK stadium.

The players were momentarily confused upon stopping at RFK, many walking up to the ticket window and demanding a 3 piece meal extra crispy with mashed potatoes and cole slaw.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »

Laughing

Took me a second.

How about Laugh Out the Bla Bla Bla then?

Some of those Rack Out threads did approach XXX though.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »

That's a lot of material.  If we pull that off we could be sitcom writers.  I love a challenge.

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »

The players were momentarily confused upon stopping at RFK, many walking up to the ticket window and demanding a 3 piece meal extra crispy with mashed potatoes and cole slaw.

Applause E-Cred

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »

Oh it lives on in re-runs.  I never saw it live.  It was way to risqué for a young supercoach.  Cheesy

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2011, 10:09:20 PM »

That's a lot of material.  If we pull that off we could be sitcom writers.  I love a challenge.

I think we could do it.  This one has gone for 9 pages pretty effortlessly.  It might be a lot harder when we are not playing the barn though.

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »

Laughing

Took me a second.

I dont want to veer off the topic here, but man I hated those threads.  Someone ALWAYS got a timeout.  I mean every time.  I got to where I would just pretend like I didnt see the thread until someone complained. 

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »

Laughing

Took me a second.

I dont want to veer off the topic here, but man I hated those threads.  Someone ALWAYS got a timeout.  I mean every time.  I got to where I would just pretend like I didnt see the thread until someone complained. 

I can see why. I will admit that I perused those on occasion, but man, some of the guys went a little too far sometimes.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »

Oh it lives on in re-runs.  I never saw it live.  It was way to risqué for a young supercoach.  Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHffTlD8wY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHffTlD8wY</a>

Nothing funnier in the day.
NJRollTide
Freshman

E-Cred: 24

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »

If there is a hall of fame here, this thread deserves a lot of consideration.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »

Now that's what I'm talking about 2.  That Goldie clip in the beginning was just way too much for a little supercoach to see.  Cheesy

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »

If there is a hall of fame here, this thread deserves a lot of consideration.

Yeah, I think there is no doubt that this one is HOF-worthy.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 834
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0