Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game notes: UT vs Bama  (Read 12549 times)
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 06:48:26 AM »

Excellent analysis, coach.  Thanks.   

Someone mentioned that Jalen's tipped pass (returned for a TD) resulted from his lack of good footwork and throwing off his back foot.  Please comment on Jalen's footwork, and what he might do to improve it.

Thanks much.

I am not Coach but I did read where CNS said it was not Jalen's fault. It was a breakdown in protection.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »

Someone mentioned that Jalen's tipped pass (returned for a TD) resulted from his lack of good footwork and throwing off his back foot.  Please comment on Jalen's footwork, and what he might do to improve it.

Thanks much.

That was one he threw off his back foot because of early pressure. I think his footwork has improved this year, however at times he reverts back.  The other two passes which he completed were on target and he checked down on one of them.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »

Thanks much.

That was one he threw off his back foot because of early pressure. I think his footwork has improved this year, however at times he reverts back.  The other two passes which he completed were on target and he checked down on one of them.

Thanks, coach.  I agree that he is much improved this year; didn't see the checkdown.
Just hope his surgery was successful and he's able to play against LSU.

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 05:03:09 PM »

Thanks much.

Thanks, coach.  I agree that he is much improved this year; didn't see the checkdown.

I hope he is too.  I think if he is unable to go it completely take the QB running game away.  I don't think the coaches would want Tua running the ball with a knee that is less than 100%.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »

Thanks much.

I hope he is too.  I think if he is unable to go it completely take the QB running game away.  I don't think the coaches would want Tua running the ball with a knee that is less than 100%.

Wildcat to Jacobs/Harris/Harris/Robinson?

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »

Thanks much.

Wildcat to Jacobs/Harris/Harris/Robinson?

Too me that allows LSU to load the box because there is not passing threat.  I would rather use Tua and tell him not to run unless absolutely necessary.  I would like to see a two back set with Jacobs and whoever.  You can run either one, run a double screen, max protect for passing, or motion Jacobs out and isolate him on a LB or SS.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »

Too me that allows LSU to load the box because there is not passing threat.  I would rather use Tua and tell him not to run unless absolutely necessary.  I would like to see a two back set with Jacobs and whoever.  You can run either one, run a double screen, max protect for passing, or motion Jacobs out and isolate him on a LB or SS.

I like it, and we indeed may need more protection against LSU.
Wonder why we haven't run more screens this year!

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:41 PM »

I like it, and we indeed may need more protection against LSU.
Wonder why we haven't run more screens this year!

The one they had set up was just a bit off with the blocking the other day.  I think they need to be a better screen team.  They are also using the WR screen/quick throws to do some of the things screens do.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »

The set I mentioned above is what I really thought Jalen would have been good at.  He could even throw the ball sort of like they did the game before.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 09:28:38 PM »

The set I mentioned above is what I really thought Jalen would have been good at.  He could even throw the ball sort of like they did the game before.

Yeah, agree.
The WR screens are a standard, but I meant I'm surprised we haven't been better at more traditional screens, like middle screens.  We should have some good ones with our RBs that catch well (Jacobs especially) and TEs (especially Irv Smith).

Maybe we can burn LSU with these, if their rush/blitz becomes an issue.

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »

I like the idea of the TE screen with Smith, like Arkansas ran.  With the weapons Bama has, I think the screen should be a bigger part of the offensive package, especially with teams that like to run man coverage.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »

I think against lsu we need north and south type of work. All the razzle dazzle stuff ain't gonna do what we want. Look what happen to malzahn and the kittens. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »

I think against lsu we need north and south type of work. All the razzle dazzle stuff ain't gonna do what we want. Look what happen to malzahn and the kittens. RTR!

This isn't the razzle dazzle stuff of Gus, it is taking advantage of matchups and using players to your advantage of what the defense likes to do.  You really wouldn't notice that much of a change in the offense.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »

This isn't the razzle dazzle stuff of Gus, it is taking advantage of matchups and using players to your advantage of what the defense likes to do.  You really wouldn't notice that much of a change in the offense.

Thanks hscoach, cause I am just nervous of that LB from lsu White, cause he is good. My idea would be run right at him with some type of double team. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 09:44:24 PM »

Thanks hscoach, cause I am just nervous of that LB from lsu White, cause he is good. My idea would be run right at him with some type of double team. RTR!

I think you are right, when Bama runs the ball it is probably better to run right at them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 235
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0