Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRS Coach's Corner: Week 13  (Read 1452 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »

I wonder if there there are still some echos of Roll Tide Roll to be heard this morning on the Auburn campus. If the volume of Rammer Jammer after the game last night is the indicator, I would say there are still echos of it being heard.

The game yesterday was no different than in most years, it was a typical Auburn/Alabama game, full of energy and big plays that always seems to keep the game reachable for either team to win. Being the favorite in this game doesn't always seem to be the best as it seems to fuel a fire under the underdog that intensifies them to a higher level of play and that is why the Iron Bowl is so competitive every year.

There were many big plays and heroes for Bama yesterday that preserved the victory for the Crimson Tide. Derrick Henry no doubt got the most attention as he put on a show that will never be forgotten in Alabama football history. How can we not say that he is the best running back ever at Alabama because there have been some good ones in previous years? Personally, I think he is the best. His size, speed, lack of injuries, leadership qualities and all have played a role in his success this season. Being the leader of the team is the key to all of his qualities in him being so successful and the reason for the teams success as well. Whether it's on the field or off the field, he sets an example for all the others to follow and this to me is what the process is all about. CNS preaches the process and how important it is for the teams success but if he doesn't have the leader(s), the process never happens, regardless of how good the coaching is.

As I mentioned above, this win wasn't all about Henry as the team as a whole seemed to follow his energy and they played for 60 minutes, which is another of Coach Saban's pet peeves after each game, you've got to finish to win. Coker had one of his better days and it was only fitting because of his childhood dreams of playing for the Crimson Tide and beating Auburn. His performance was matched on the defensive side by the whole unit as they practically shut down the vaunted Malzhan offense which has been a big thorn in the side of the Bama defense the past two years. Then there was my favorite, Adam Griffith. Here is the player that has had to live with an Auburn stigma for two years as being the blame for the now infamous Kick Six play that beat Bama and he was blamed for the loss that day. He also got off to a bad start this year and many Bama fans wanted him put on a rail car and shipped out of town. There were many Bama fans taking his side though and telling the others to have patience that kickers sometimes go through these types of problems but they were very insistent on him being replaced as the kicker as well as the Special Teams Coordinator. I can only smile now that I and some others had the patience and belief that things would get better for the kicker and the special teams unit, never say never.

As is so often, the winner of the SEC Championship is in line with a chance to play for the National Championship and it is no different this year. Bama will have a chance to win yet another NC if they can defeat Florida next Saturday and move on to the four team playoffs. It's got to be an honor for the SEC to be recognized as the toughest conference in the NCAA and the winner of the conference each year has a better than good chance to make the playoffs and play for the National Championship. Hopefully CNS will live for another twenty-five years or so and we can continue our success in the post season play.

If there was a part of the game yesterday that I though marred the image of the game, it was the sideline antics of Auburn Assistant Will Muschamp. College football is considered a game for young men and it's intent is to grow these young men into a respectable adulthood for their years after college. Will Muschamp put on a public display of anger yesterday that looked like it came out of a movie. The look in his eyes as well as the ability to read his lips told me that this man has a severe mental issue and should in no way have any responsibility in teaching or coaching these young men. Hopefully Auburn or the SEC will correct this problem very soon.

Anyway, it's on to Atlanta next Saturday with high hopes of beating Florida and getting another chance to make it to the playoffs and I do like their chance of making it.

These are just some of my opinions and comments and I hope you all will enjoy and share your opinions and comments as well. RTR!!!

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »

I agree, particularly about Adam Griffith.  While Henry will, justifiably, get a ton of press for his performance, Griffith's battle through adversity is worthy of praise.  Injuries, fan scorn, psychological issues peculiar to kickers all piled up on this young man over the last few seasons and he's successfully battled through them all.  Coupled with the story of his early upbringing in a Polish orphanage, what a great story of battling through adversity!

ROLL TIDE!!!  BEAT Florida!
Merk
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3915

Merk

ROLL TIDE!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »

Well said, Jamos.

I agree with you about Will Muschamp. I think he does have serious mental issues. Frankly, he should have been sent to the locker room after that embarrassing episode on the sideline.

"Son, we're Alabama. We don't play second fiddlle to anyone". ~Friday Night Lights
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »

Well until the SEC steps in and demands corrective action Muschamp or no other coach is going to pay attention to the TV shows. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »

Well said, Jamos.

I agree with you about Will Muschamp. I think he does have serious mental issues. Frankly, he should have been sent to the locker room after that embarrassing episode on the sideline.
Someone suggested that maybe he just needed a Snickers bar.   

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »

Well said, Jamos.

Someone suggested that maybe he just needed a Snickers bar.   

....and I have a suggestion as to where to stick it. Muschump is a disgrace.

Great insight, J. I too, was very proud and happy for Griffith. I think a lot of his early problems was overcoming bad technique that he developed when he was injured. He has certainly turned the corner,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 174
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts
Spring FB Transfer Portal by McBaman
[Yesterday at 09:39:24 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by Chechem
[Yesterday at 01:45:00 PM]

[Yesterday at 01:42:51 PM]

Re: College Hoops Fans React to John Calipari Reportedly Leaving Kentucky for Arkans by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:21:06 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:18:30 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:34:49 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:26:47 AM]

[April 10, 2024, 02:29:00 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[April 10, 2024, 02:20:36 PM]

More