Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Brawl #2 (SoftBall)  (Read 4416 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:39 PM »

I know everybody isn't interested in softball right now with football being in mid season but I thought a few of you might be interested.

I missed last weeks fall brawl due to being out of state but I just had to go see the new pitcher, Alexis Osorio today and I'm glad I did.

Bama looks a little different this year due to graduation last year but I was very pleased with the new additions to the team. The new additions are Demi Turner (infield), Rachel Bobo (Outfield), Kayla Rettig (outfield), Carrigan Fain (catcher) and Alexis Osorio (pitcher). Bobo and Rettig are walkons and CPM was grinning from ear to ear about them. Both players parents graduated fro Alabama and one of them is majoring in electrical engineering and the other is majoring in chemical engineering. Their ability to walk on is that one of them scored a 31 on her ACT exam and the other scored a 32, scholarships took care of them. This is a big plus for CPM not having to provide any type of aid for them. All five of them were impressive in the games today.

Osorio, the new pitcher is very impressive, her pitching style is similar to Littlejohn's. Littlejohn seems to have been really working on her pitching, everything she throws is breaking balls and her willingness to throw in on the batters hasn't changed a bit. Osorio is very smooth with her delivery and has tremendous spin on the ball and very good control. Leslie Jury seems to be the same pitcher that we have seen for 4 years, still throws hard but her control is still iffy. I was hoping that after Jury had played with Littlejohn last year that she would work on slowing down her pitches and spinning the ball more but that didn't seem to be the case today.

The other players that joined the team this year swung the bat pretty good today and played very good in the field. All of you have seen Haylie McCleney play and know how good she is but Bama may have another star bound player this year. She is freshman Demi Turner, infielder from Huntsville, Texas. She is as athletic as Haylie and plays with very good skills. She played second base today and Bama has never had a second baseman like this young lady played today. She has good speed and swings a good bat as well, lefty. The catcher position is up for grabs as CPM is working 4 players at that position now, Chaunsey Bell, Leona Lafaele, Peyton Grantham and Carrigan Fain (freshman). Peyton played third base last year but she looked pretty good as she took her turn behind the plate today.

Bama will play Fall Brawl 3 and 4 next Saturday and Sunday with a double header each

Click here for link
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:28:47 PM by Jamos » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7920

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »

Good stuff, J. Looking forward to seeing them play.
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

Thanks for posting this Jamos.

Sounds good. I really hope  CPM can develope  a first class catcher.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:48:38 AM by Leewillie » Logged
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »

Thanks for the update J.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:49:03 AM »

I know everybody isn't interested in softball right now with football being in mid season but I thought a few of you might be interested.

I missed last weeks fall brawl due to being out of state but I just had to go see the new pitcher, Alexis Osorio today and I'm glad I did.

Bama looks a little different this year due to graduation last year but I was very pleased with the new additions to the team. The new additions are Demi Turner (infield), Rachel Bobo (Outfield), Kayla Rettig (outfield), Carrigan Fain (catcher) and Alexis Osorio (pitcher). Bobo and Rettig are walkons and CPM was grinning from ear to ear about them. Both players parents graduated fro Alabama and one of them is majoring in electrical engineering and the other is majoring in chemical engineering. Their ability to walk on is that one of them scored a 31 on her ACT exam and the other scored a 32, scholarships took care of them. This is a big plus for CPM not having to provide any type of aid for them. All five of them were impressive in the games today.

Osorio, the new pitcher is very impressive, her pitching style is similar to Littlejohn's. Littlejohn seems to have been really working on her pitching, everything she throws is breaking balls and her willingness to throw in on the batters hasn't changed a bit. Osorio is very smooth with her delivery and has tremendous spin on the ball and very good control. Leslie Jury seems to be the same pitcher that we have seen for 4 years, still throws hard but her control is still iffy. I was hoping that after Jury had played with Littlejohn last year that she would work on slowing down her pitches and spinning the ball more but that didn't seem to be the case today.

The other players that joined the team this year swung the bat pretty good today and played very good in the field. All of you have seen Haylie McCleney play and know how good she is but Bama may have another star bound player this year. She is freshman Demi Moore, infielder from Huntsville, Texas. She is as athletic as Haylie and plays with very good skills. She played second base today and Bama has never had a second baseman like this young lady played today. She has good speed and swings a good bat as well, lefty. The catcher position is up for grabs as CPM is working 4 players at that position now, Chaunsey Bell, Leona Lafaele, Peyton Grantham and Carrigan Fain (freshman). Peyton played third base last year but she looked pretty good as she took her turn behind the plate today.

Bama will play Fall Brawl 3 and 4 next Saturday and Sunday with a double header each

Click here for link
Thanks for the update Jamos.  Does Demi Moore look as good as the "other" Demi Moore?    Wink 

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:37:19 AM »

The other players that joined the team this year swung the bat pretty good today and played very good in the field. All of you have seen Haylie McCleney play and know how good she is but Bama may have another star bound player this year. She is freshman Demi Moore, infielder from Huntsville, Texas. She is as athletic as Haylie and plays with very good skills. She played second base today and Bama has never had a second baseman like this young lady played today. She has good speed and swings a good bat as well, lefty. The catcher position is up for grabs as CPM is working 4 players at that position now, Chaunsey Bell, Leona Lafaele, Peyton Grantham and Carrigan Fain (freshman). Peyton played third base last year but she looked pretty good as she took her turn behind the plate today.

Click here for link
Thanks for the update Jamos.  Does Demi Moore look as good as the "other" Demi Moore?    Wink 
I think he meant Demi Turner.   

Where is J's mind?   Huh?

You can decide for yourself, but I say yes.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

He may still be thinking about that "dish washer" he was trying to get a few weeks ago...   Yeah, IMO Demi Turner looks pretty good too...

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »

He may still be thinking about that "dish washer" he was trying to get a few weeks ago...   Yeah, IMO Demi Turner looks pretty good too...

Laughing
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »

We have 18 players listed on the 2015 roster according to the school website. There are 12 full scholarships available. They can be divided up into partial scholarships to make them go further but getting two quality walkons is huge.

We will miss all the seniors but J-Train and Kayla Hunt will be hard to replace. They were solid players all 4 years at Alabama.

CPM has got this program on a roll. I do not see any reason we can not compete for SEC and National Championships again this year.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »

Well I am ready for life after: time to watch another dynasty grow into champions. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 04:35:05 PM »

Man what a typo can do. Laughing

I have to agree with you NALT about Demi Moore and Demi Turner's good looks, but I have to refer to them as KitchenAids.

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

We have 18 players listed on the 2015 roster according to the school website. There are 12 full scholarships available. They can be divided up into partial scholarships to make them go further but getting two quality walkons is huge.

We will miss all the seniors but J-Train and Kayla Hunt will be hard to replace. They were solid players all 4 years at Alabama.

CPM has got this program on a roll. I do not see any reason we can not compete for SEC and National Championships again this year.

I have to agree with you you on their chances of having a great year. These freshmen of today are much better than the freshmen of the past and that can be credited to to all of the travel teams that they have now. I'm anxious to see what role Osorio will play in the early season next year. Littlejohn never started any games early in the season last year, just Jury and Traina. From what I saw yesterday, I think it won't take her long to be the #2 pitcher. Also, I think they will be much better defensively.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »

Man what a typo can do. Laughing

I have to agree with you NALT about Demi Moore and Demi Turner's good looks, but I have to refer to them as KitchenAids.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  My momma would say that you are "cruising for a bruising..."   Laughing Laughing

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »

Laughing

Ok, for all of the chastising that I got for this typo of Demi Turner, I've got to tell you what happened at the game Sunday. When the announcer introduced the players for the game guess who he introduced for the Bama team? You got it, Demi Moore. I guess he's been looking for a dishwasher too. Wink

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »

Laughing

Ok, for all of the chastising that I got for this typo of Demi Turner, I've got to tell you what happened at the game Sunday. When the announcer introduced the players for the game guess who he introduced for the Bama team? You got it, Demi Moore. I guess he's been looking for a dishwasher too. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 161
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0