Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "What did we learn? Our best answers to Alabama's 5 biggest preseason questions"  (Read 970 times)
WALL-E
Directive: Site Robot
President Denny

E-Cred: 202

WALL-E

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:15:02 AM »

What did we learn? Our best answers to Alabama's 5 biggest preseason questions
Talking quarterbacks, linebackers, offensive line and more on the eve of Alabama's first game week of 2014.

Read more...

Too much garbage in your face? There's plenty of space out in space! BnL StarLiners leaving each day. We'll clean up the mess while you're away.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 04:27:18 AM »

2. How's Alabama going to fill its two spots on the offensive line?

The Crimson Tide is swapping out one five-star, top-ranked left tackle for another, as Cam Robinson is poised to replace Cyrus Kouandjio and become the first Alabama freshman to start a season opener since Julio Jones in 2008. Robinson, who enrolled in January, hasn't budged from the spot since A-Day and is being backed up by another true freshman, Ross Pierschbacher...

3. Will the cornerbacks be better?

Many fans wanted the future to be now at both of Alabama's cornerback positions, but it should be viewed as an encouraging sign that juniors Cyrus Jones and Bradley Sylve appear to be in line to start in front of star freshmen Tony Brown and Marlon Humphrey...

Lots more left unknown, but overall its been an excellent preseason.
Most importantly, we haven't lost any players to injury this year (knock on wood), and none has been suspended for game 1 (as far as we know).  How many SEC teams can say that??

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »

I have three concerns going into the first game. I think we are solid everywhere else and that includes QB.

1 Offensive Line: We must improve or it will be difficult for the new QB. I want a dominating OL that always gets a 3rd and short. A physical running game will open up the passing game. I think we will be better than last year. We need to be much better.

2. Defensive Backs: Specifically corners. I think we a combination of experienced players and new players who are outstanding athletes. I think we see a rotation until we settle on the starters. I think we will be better. the DL looks much better so a good pass rush may be just what these DB's need.

3. Kicking Game: I like what I am hearing from Jamos and the other reports I have read. It sounds good but I can not forget what I saw at A-Day. It was terrible. We need a dependable place kicker and a punter that can flip the field on long punts and pin them deep on short kicks.

I will put our RB, receivers, DL and LB's units up against any in the country. They are that good.

We are one week away. It can not get here soon enough.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »

I have three concerns going into the first game. I think we are solid everywhere else and that includes QB.

1 Offensive Line: We must improve or it will be difficult for the new QB. I want a dominating OL that always gets a 3rd and short. A physical running game will open up the passing game. I think we will be better than last year. We need to be much better.

2. Defensive Backs: Specifically corners. I think we a combination of experienced players and new players who are outstanding athletes. I think we see a rotation until we settle on the starters. I think we will be better. the DL looks much better so a good pass rush may be just what these DB's need.

3. Kicking Game: I like what I am hearing from Jamos and the other reports I have read. It sounds good but I can not forget what I saw at A-Day. It was terrible. We need a dependable place kicker and a punter that can flip the field on long punts and pin them deep on short kicks.

I will put our RB, receivers, DL and LB's units up against any in the country. They are that good.

I am with you on the OL situation, the jury is out on them. For some reason I feel that if Sims starts or whenever he plays, he will not be the pocket QB that the others are. I think he will be rolling right or left with various options of handing off or throwing the short route passes, he had pretty good accuracy on the short route passes in the last scrimmage. This might make it a little easier on the line until they can settle in some.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 03:49:06 PM »

I am with you on the OL situation, the jury is out on them. For some reason I feel that if Sims starts or whenever he plays, he will not be the pocket QB that the others are. I think he will be rolling right or left with various options of handing off or throwing the short route passes, he had pretty good accuracy on the short route passes in the last scrimmage. This might make it a little easier on the line until they can settle in some.

How much of our OL issues is coaching. I miss Coach Joe Pendry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 146
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Posts
Re: Spring FB Transfer Portal by ricky023
[Today at 08:12:47 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Today at 08:11:06 AM]

Spring FB Transfer Portal by McBaman
[Yesterday at 09:39:24 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by Chechem
[Yesterday at 01:45:00 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:42:51 PM]

Re: College Hoops Fans React to John Calipari Reportedly Leaving Kentucky for Arkans by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:21:06 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Yesterday at 10:18:30 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:34:49 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by SUPERCOACH
[Yesterday at 08:26:47 AM]

More

* New Members
  • Dot Wsimpson174 - 30 Apr
  • Dot tzadick - 14 Nov
  • Dot debtidefan - 11 Jan