Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 2076 2077 2078 2079 [2080] 2081 2082 2083 2084 ... 3906   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12485959 times)
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #31185 on: July 27, 2015, 02:04:04 PM »

Morning!  Coffee

Road trip today.  First to Memphis, then heading to the coast.  Wish me luck.

Laughing

Safe travels, Chech!

It's safer to stay inside.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7920

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #31186 on: July 27, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »

He doesn't look so sure.  Laughing
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31187 on: July 27, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »

So what is going on at Woolly?  Looks like the whole pacle disappeared.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Bandit
Senior

E-Cred: 2779

Bandit

View Profile
« Reply #31188 on: July 27, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »

From Hannibal:

I know that many of you are wondering what's going on with the WoollyAl site. There was a disagreement with the person hosting the site on his server (he attempted to put AHM21 - a banned user - in power). Although we've worked things out. and he's offered to let us continue to stay there (with me as admin), I no longer feel comfortable with that situation. I've decided to take my WoollyAl domain to another host and start the site afresh. Afresh means that we will lose all post history, but the new site will be cleaner, more attractive and have more useful features and information. I've been in contact with 15 or so of the regular posters from WoollyAl, and all of them expressed that this was their preference.

The kind folks here at RollTideBama have generously agreed to let me redirect the WoollyAl URL to their site for the next couple weeks or so as I get the new place set up. Please be good to them and respect their site.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31189 on: July 27, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »

From Hannibal:

I know that many of you are wondering what's going on with the WoollyAl site. There was a disagreement with the person hosting the site on his server (he attempted to put AHM21 - a banned user - in power). Although we've worked things out. and he's offered to let us continue to stay there (with me as admin), I no longer feel comfortable with that situation. I've decided to take my WoollyAl domain to another host and start the site afresh. Afresh means that we will lose all post history, but the new site will be cleaner, more attractive and have more useful features and information. I've been in contact with 15 or so of the regular posters from WoollyAl, and all of them expressed that this was their preference.

The kind folks here at RollTideBama have generously agreed to let me redirect the WoollyAl URL to their site for the next couple weeks or so as I get the new place set up. Please be good to them and respect their site.

Yikes!  Perhaps he should go back as the admin long enough to make a backup and then switch over to the new server.

I did not know HL owned that site.  I thought it belonged to bamachine.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #31190 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

Morning!  Coffee

Road trip today.  First to Memphis, then heading to the coast.  Wish me luck.

You got my wish. Toast 4
I hope the weather is good and everything goes as planned.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:42:19 PM by Jamos » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #31191 on: July 28, 2015, 05:47:51 AM »

From Hannibal:

Yikes!  Perhaps he should go back as the admin long enough to make a backup and then switch over to the new server.

Bamamachine turned it over to HL about a year or so, ago. I don't blame HL for snatching Woolly off of that server. That was a real chickens*** move they made, without telling HL anything about it. I wouldn't trust them anymore either.

Most of the regulars are aware that the site is now redirected to RTB and are posting over there until HL gets the new site up and running.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31192 on: July 28, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »

From Hannibal:

Bamamachine turned it over to HL about a year or so, ago. I don't blame HL for snatching Woolly off of that server. That was a real chickens*** move they made, without telling HL anything about it. I wouldn't trust them anymore either.

Most of the regulars are aware that the site is now redirected to RTB and are posting over there until HL gets the new site up and running.

I know a lot of you guys post at both sites.  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

He is definitely making the right move to put the site on a server that he controls.  That is a pretty complex project though, and darn near impossible for most regular folks.  I imagine that is probably why it lived on someone else's server all these years.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31193 on: July 28, 2015, 11:06:39 AM »

By the way, not only was that a sleazy move, it was pretty stupid too considering that he didn't have control of the domain name. 

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #31194 on: July 28, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »

Whoever  has the site and whatever the name is, I hope they have as clean and great a site as Sc has given us here. I have to say this site has the most knowledge of any site I've seen and it's actually educated language. Am I a little prejudice, YES.  Cheesy , RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #31195 on: July 28, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »

Thanks for the PM, Supercoach.  I did take over probably about two years ago now. 

I'm not sure what Bob (the host) was thinking with the move.  His explanation was that he wanted the site to grow/improve and traffic to increase.  Well, that would've been lovely, but neither bamachine nor I ever got any help with that and didn't have the proper access to the server to do it on our own.  The worst part of it all was the underhanded way which they went about it.  He claimed he "forgot" that I owned the domain (not that that makes it more respectable).  There was also a fundamental difference in opinion about who actually owned the message board apparently.  I thought it was me and he was just being paid to host the site (via ad revenue which was as much or more than I'll pay for hosting elsewhere)...I guess he felt differently.  It could've been handled better all around.

So you're telling me I'm in for a daunting task getting the new place set up?
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #31196 on: July 28, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »

Thanks for the PM, Supercoach.  I did take over probably about two years ago now. 

I'm not sure what Bob (the host) was thinking with the move.  His explanation was that he wanted the site to grow/improve and traffic to increase.  Well, that would've been lovely, but neither bamachine nor I ever got any help with that and didn't have the proper access to the server to do it on our own.  The worst part of it all was the underhanded way which they went about it.  He claimed he "forgot" that I owned the domain (not that that makes it more respectable).  There was also a fundamental difference in opinion about who actually owned the message board apparently.  I thought it was me and he was just being paid to host the site (via ad revenue which was as much or more than I'll pay for hosting elsewhere)...I guess he felt differently.  It could've been handled better all around.

Do I need to stop payment? 

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31197 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »

With your background I have no doubt you can handle it.  You have lots of friends that are willing to help if you run into problems.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #31198 on: July 28, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »

Thanks for the PM, Supercoach.  I did take over probably about two years ago now.  

I'm not sure what Bob (the host) was thinking with the move.  His explanation was that he wanted the site to grow/improve and traffic to increase.  Well, that would've been lovely, but neither bamachine nor I ever got any help with that and didn't have the proper access to the server to do it on our own.  The worst part of it all was the underhanded way which they went about it.  He claimed he "forgot" that I owned the domain (not that that makes it more respectable).  There was also a fundamental difference in opinion about who actually owned the message board apparently.  I thought it was me and he was just being paid to host the site (via ad revenue which was as much or more than I'll pay for hosting elsewhere)...I guess he felt differently.  It could've been handled better all around.

Do I need to stop payment?  

No, that means send double.    Grin
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #31199 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »

From Hannibal:

I know a lot of you guys post at both sites.  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

He is definitely making the right move to put the site on a server that he controls.  That is a pretty complex project though, and darn near impossible for most regular folks.  I imagine that is probably why it lived on someone else's server all these years.

SC to the rescue, HL you've got the right man on your side. Applause E-Cred

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Pages: 1 ... 2076 2077 2078 2079 [2080] 2081 2082 2083 2084 ... 3906   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 196
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0