Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3150 3151 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 3157 3158 ... 3908   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12578054 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47295 on: September 23, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »

NALT you work hard but take it easy buddy. RTR!
Thanks Preacher.  I  do what I have to... Yesterday, while mowing my next-to-last yard I actually sustained an Achilles injury WHILE RIDING MY COMMERCIAL MOWER.  What?!?  Hard to explain but I was holding down the peddle that raises and lowers the mowing deck.  I was coming up out of the ditch and didn't want the blades to impact the ditch bank.  The front of the mower went up off the ground and as the rear of the mower came up the bank the front slammed down.  The impact forced the deck down pushing back hard on my foot stretching my Achilles pretty badly. It hurt initially but not bad.  After I finished mowing all of my yards I let Runt do some fishing since the last yard was a lakehouse.  I sat there with him and my tendon started to stiffen up.  By the time we got home it was very difficult and painful to walk.  I got a shower and then wrapped my ankle with an ACE bandage and iced it for about an hour while watching some TV.  This morning it was only slightly tender but I could walk on it ok.  Still a bit tender but I think it will be fine...

Good morning.  Coffee

Did Runt catch any fish?  Oh, and hope you're okay.

A buddy of mine came over yesterday, and we drove to the Tallahatchee Bridge to check the river level.  No, we didn't toss anything into the muddy waters.

Chech, you might be the person to tell me what Billie Joe MacAllister and his girlfriend tossed off the bridge.

Best I could tell (when there yesterday) it was an old tire or a WalMart bag.  

But if you want a full list of what was thrown off the Tallahatchee Bridge (in Choctaw Co, not our Lafayette Co), read these hypotheses (in the comments section): a baby doll; a miscarriage; a gun; a ring; etc.  Then someone says she didn't even write the song herself, but stole it.  
Click here for link
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:07:05 PM by Chechem » Logged

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47296 on: September 23, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »

NALT you work hard but take it easy buddy. RTR!
Thanks Preacher.  I  do what I have to... Yesterday, while mowing my next-to-last yard I actually sustained an Achilles injury WHILE RIDING MY COMMERCIAL MOWER.  What?!?  Hard to explain but I was holding down the peddle that raises and lowers the mowing deck.  I was coming up out of the ditch and didn't want the blades to impact the ditch bank.  The front of the mower went up off the ground and as the rear of the mower came up the bank the front slammed down.  The impact forced the deck down pushing back hard on my foot stretching my Achilles pretty badly. It hurt initially but not bad.  After I finished mowing all of my yards I let Runt do some fishing since the last yard was a lakehouse.  I sat there with him and my tendon started to stiffen up.  By the time we got home it was very difficult and painful to walk.  I got a shower and then wrapped my ankle with an ACE bandage and iced it for about an hour while watching some TV.  This morning it was only slightly tender but I could walk on it ok.  Still a bit tender but I think it will be fine...

Good morning.  Coffee

Did Runt catch any fish?  Oh, and hope you're okay.

A buddy of mine came over yesterday, and we drove to the Tallahatchee Bridge to check the river level.  No, we didn't toss anything into the muddy waters.

Chech, you might be the person to tell me what Billie Joe MacAllister and his girlfriend tossed off the bridge.

Best I could tell (when there yesterday) it was an old tire or a WalMart bag.  

But if you want a full list of what was thrown off the Tallahatchee Bridge (in Choctaw Co, not our Lafayette Co), read these hypotheses (in the comments section): a baby doll; a miscarriage; a gun; a ring; etc.  Then someone says she didn't even write the song herself, but stole it.  
Click here for link

Wow, what a life she's led. Guess she'll never reveal what went over the bridge or why Billie Joe jumped. I won't let it keep me up at night.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47297 on: September 24, 2019, 05:25:48 AM »

Good morning, all (except 2).   

Hopefully 2 is enjoying the cool mountain weather and the golfballing.  Pretty quiet around here without his banter.

No surprises at practice yesterday in Tuscaloosa.  Some of the injured are still resting, including Terrell Lewis and our young kicker (Reichard).  Next week's break will be welcome.

Had a visit with my dentist yesterday for a new crown.  He asked if a Yellowstone bison gored my tooth.  It had a chip.  "No, was snapped off by a wolf." 

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47298 on: September 24, 2019, 06:02:12 AM »

Injuries plaguing other SEC teams:

LSU had a bunch of injuries against Vandy.  Terrance Marshall had surgery for a fractured foot Sunday. He's out for a few weeks at least.  Jefferson, their #2 receiver, suffered a sprained ankle in the first half; day to day.   Their best LB (Divinity) suffered a "lower leg injury".

LSU already lost Safety Harris for the season. The other outside LB has an ankle injury as do DL Lawrence and DE Logan with foot/ankle.

They'll prolly all miraculously heal before they play the Boogs (Oct 26), but for now they're pretty banged up. 

The Boogs have injuries to 2 WRs, a lineman, a LB, and their HUGE DT (Brown).
Click here for link

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47299 on: September 24, 2019, 07:11:58 AM »

Good morning folks.  Beautiful day dawning here in North Alabama.  I also hope 2 is enjoying the golfball in the mountains.  Chech, you're gonna have to stop French-kissing the wolves...Just too risky...   Today is day 2 of 3 of my workweek. Looking forward to a long weekend...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #47300 on: September 24, 2019, 07:26:50 AM »

It is nice here on the Knob. It smells like Fall but looks like a hot summer. Hope you all have a great day. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47301 on: September 25, 2019, 05:21:16 AM »

Good morning.  Coffee

The practice report included some good news for a change.  DJ Dale, Terrell Lewis, and Deonte Brown all appear ready to play against Ole Miss, as needed.

Yesterday was a bit less hot (90 degrees for a high), but today the temperatures start to rise again, and by the weekend it's supposed to be upper 90s again.  NO RAIN HERE IS WEEKS; NONE.  There were showers south of Oxford on Monday, but none here.  The smaller trees in the woods here, like dogwoods, have dropped their leaves and appear to be dying.  Bummer.

I've been enjoying the migratory birds around the yard lately.  Our bird bath is a favorite spot for various species too.  In addition to the cute hummingbirds and usual species, our bath has hosted visits by American Redstarts, Wood Thrush, Hermit Thrush, American Robins, Summer Tanagers, and Parula Warblers.  Really fun to watch them at the bath.
 Kiss

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47302 on: September 25, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »

Good morning.  Coffee

The practice report included some good news for a change.  DJ Dale, Terrell Lewis, and Deonte Brown all appear ready to play against Ole Miss, as needed.

Yesterday was a bit less hot (90 degrees for a high), but today the temperatures start to rise again, and by the weekend it's supposed to be upper 90s again.  NO RAIN HERE IS WEEKS; NONE.  There were showers south of Oxford on Monday, but none here.  The smaller trees in the woods here, like dogwoods, have dropped their leaves and appear to be dying.  Bummer.

I've been enjoying the migratory birds around the yard lately.  Our bird bath is a favorite spot for various species too.  In addition to the cute hummingbirds and usual species, our bath has hosted visits by American Redstarts, Wood Thrush, Hermit Thrush, American Robins, Summer Tanagers, and Parula Warblers.  Really fun to watch them at the bath.
 Kiss
Does that make you an Aviary voyeur?   

Good morning folks. Today is my Friday as far as work goes. I'm looking forward to going to Florida.  I just wish it wasn't an overnight trip and I could spend a day or few down there...

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47303 on: September 25, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »

Good morning.  Coffee

Kiss
Does that make you an Aviary voyeur?   

I always avert my eyes at the appropriate time.

Have fun in Florida, even if it's just a brief stay.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #47304 on: September 25, 2019, 06:42:37 AM »

In honor of 2, has anyone mentioned that it is

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #47305 on: September 25, 2019, 07:53:20 AM »

Usually this time of year we begin to see Robins everywhere but not this year. Our yard is so dry, on the dew is all we get right now. It is back into the 90's here today. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47306 on: September 25, 2019, 08:47:48 AM »

Usually this time of year we begin to see Robins everywhere but not this year. Our yard is so dry, on the dew is all we get right now. It is back into the 90's here today. RTR!
We are crowded with robins.  They eat the fruits on the black gum trees, then fly to the bath for a drink and swim. Lots of them.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #47307 on: September 26, 2019, 05:10:05 AM »

Good morning CRS!

Good to be be home. Had a great time though. Shot good rounds Sunday, Tuesday and yesterday. Monday, not so much. I won our group Sunday. Lost the 2 man team competition Tuesday (my partner sucked, plus one of the guys against us shot a 76).

Yesterday was match play. I won my match 5 and 4, plus I got a closest to the pin, so I won some money.

Did y'all behave in my absence?   
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #47308 on: September 26, 2019, 05:24:32 AM »

Good morning CRS!

Good to be be home. Had a great time though. Shot good rounds Sunday, Tuesday and yesterday. Monday, not so much. I won our group Sunday. Lost the 2 man team competition Tuesday (my partner sucked, plus one of the guys against us shot a 76).

Yesterday was match play. I won my match 5 and 4, plus I got a closest to the pin, so I won some money.

Behave?  No.  Ricky teased me, and NALT slept in every day.

Glad you're back, and glad you played well at golfball.  

Now you get to buy the beer!

We're bird watching in your absence.  BTW, your camel made an appearance.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:27:09 AM by Chechem » Logged

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #47309 on: September 26, 2019, 06:49:56 AM »

Good morning CRS!

Behave?  No.  Ricky teased me, and NALT slept in every day.

Glad you're back, and glad you played well at golfball.  

Now you get to buy the beer!

We're bird watching in your absence.  BTW, your camel made an appearance.

Did the birds poop on the camel? 

Nice pics of the birds.
Pages: 1 ... 3150 3151 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 3157 3158 ... 3908   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 183
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0