Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3037 3038 3039 3040 [3041] 3042 3043 3044 3045 ... 3909   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12587418 times)
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #45600 on: April 05, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

Good morning folks.  Rain on the way in this morning but I think it has stopped for now.  Hoping that it holds off until I can get Dad's yard mowed this evening and the yard at church tomorrow morning.  I have to get the mowing done this weekend because I have plans for something far greater for next weekend... Wink   Looking forward to seeing all of you old fellows and hearing your stories... 

Preacher, I sure am thankful that you guys are alright.  That must have been a scary ride when that tire blew...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45601 on: April 05, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »

Good morning folks.  Rain on the way in this morning but I think it has stopped for now.  Hoping that it holds off until I can get Dad's yard mowed this evening and the yard at church tomorrow morning.  I have to get the mowing done this weekend because I have plans for something far greater for next weekend... Wink   Looking forward to seeing all of you old fellows and hearing your stories... 

Preacher, I sure am thankful that you guys are alright.  That must have been a scary ride when that tire blew...

NALT, of course your crew is invited to join us for dinner Friday too, if y'all are in town.  But I expect you'll drive over Saturday.  We'll let you know if the Friday plans work out.

Kiss

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #45602 on: April 05, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »

NALT, of course your crew is invited to join us for dinner Friday too, if y'all are in town.  But I expect you'll drive over Saturday.  We'll let you know if the Friday plans work out.

Kiss

Absotively, NALT! We'd love to have y'all come eat with us all on Friday night.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #45603 on: April 05, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »

This may be the best obituary of all time:

"Tim Schrandt, age 63, of Spillville, IA died on Friday, March 29, 2019 at Gundersen Health System in LaCrosse, WI after a short battle with cancer.

A funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Thursday, April 4, 2019 at the St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Spillville with Deacon Pat Malanaphy presiding, burial will be in the church cemetery with full military rites.

Visitation will be from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at the St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Spillville and also after 10:00 a.m. at the Church on Thursday morning.

Tim Schrandt (Lynyrd) made his last inappropriate comment on March 29, 2019. If you are wondering if you may have ever met him, you didn't -because you WOULD remember. For those of you that did meet him, we apologize, as we're sure he probably offended you. He was world renowned for not holding back and telling it like it is.

Tim was born to William (Bill) Schrandt and Mary (Schrandt) Manning on June 11,1955 - 100 years too late. Given Tim's demeanor he would have been the perfect weathered cowboy in the old west or rough and tough pioneer, or maybe he just should have been Amish.

Tim was the 4th of 8 kids, the bottom rung of the top tier (the big kids). Instead of taking his place on that rung, listening to the older kids and doing as he was told by his older siblings, he decided to anoint himself "king" of the 4 little kids. Tim spent his childhood and early adulthood ordering them around and in general, tormenting them. He was a great orator, (not like Shakespear, but more like Yogi Berra), as he always had something to say,
and always had to get in the last word.

His position as "king" and orator was challenged by the nuns at St. Wenceslaus school in Spillville. He may have met his match. We’re not saying the nuns won, but they put up a good fight, we mean literally - he got into a fist-a-cuff with a nun. In fairness, she probably started it. You didn't take a swing at Tim and not expect one back. Tim's fondness for authority (his own - not others) followed him to South Winneshiek High School in Calmar and later into the Army. This provided for many interesting episodes and stories, detentions and demotions, and a few "run ins" with the law, not just locally, but globally.

Tim worked at Camcar/Stanley Black and Decker in Decorah as a tool and die maker for 30 plus years. Tim worked with many friends and “a bunch of morons”. His words, not ours. Well not exactly his, words because that would have included a bunch of swear words.

Tim leaves behind a hell of a lot of stuff that his family doesn't know what to do with. So, if you are looking for a Virgin Mary in a bathtub shrine (you Catholics know what we’re talking about) you should wait the appropriate amount of time and get in touch with them.

Tomorrow would be fine.

In addition to his stuff he leaves behind two great boys who he was extremely proud of, Cody (Jenny) Schrandt and Josh (Lydia) Schrandt were the product of his marriage to Crystal Hilmer. He will be missed by his two granddaughters that he adored and taught to cuss, Peyton and MacKenna. Also left to keep the stories alive (but da#@, there won"t be any new material) are his mother Mary Manning and siblings Mike (Rita Dixon) Schrandt, Marty (Clint) Berg, Becky Schrandt-Miles, Bill (Grease) Schrandt, Pam (Rick) Barnes, Peter (Sandra) Schrandt and many nieces, nephews and cousins that wanted to hang out near him, because you just knew he was going to say or do something good. It’s not that he was such a great storyteller, it’s that he WAS the story!

To his siblings amazement he was actually able to snag a good woman, Cheryl Murray, and hold on to her for the past 13 years, and as far as we know restraints were not used. Tim also created great memories and stories for Cheryl’s kids Alex (Christina) Murray and Samantha (Evan) Luedking and grandkids Tatum and Grace.

He will be having a reunion with his infant daughter Ashley, his brother Duke, his dad Bill Schrandt, many aunts and uncles and a handful of cousins that passed before him. Tim was in charge of getting the beer and ice for our family reunions, so they will be happy to see him.

A common line in obituaries is “He never met a stranger”, in Tim’s case he never met a rule he couldn’t break, a boundary he couldn’t push, a line he couldn’t cross and a story he couldn’t stretch. Another common obituary phrase is “He’d give the shirt off his back”, well Tim was prepared to do that, and he could do it quickly, because he always wore his shirts
unbuttoned ¾ the way down. Tim was anything but common!

Despite his crusty exterior, cutting remarks and stubbornness, there is actual evidence that he was a loving, giving and caring person. That evidence is the deep sorrow and pain in our hearts that his family feels from his passing.

Tim led a good life and had a peaceful death - but the transition was a bitch. And for the record, he did not lose his battle with cancer. When he died, the cancer died, so technically it was a tie! He was ready to meet his Maker, we're just not sure "The Maker" is ready to meet Tim.

Good luck God!

We are considering establishing a Go-Fund-Me account for G. Heileman Brewing Co., the brewers of Old Style beer, as we anticipate they are about to experience significant hardship as a result of the loss of Tim"s business. Keep them in your thoughts."
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #45604 on: April 05, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »

Laughing Laughing Laughing E-cred for posting.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #45605 on: April 06, 2019, 05:19:14 AM »

Good Saturday morning. Looks like the rain is finally gone. 

Big night for Bama bats last night as the baseball team swept a double header from SC, and the softball team team also beat SC. Not a god day for the Gamecocks. 

I hope everybody has a good day! 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45606 on: April 06, 2019, 06:08:28 AM »

Good morning.  Coffee

It was indeed a good day for ball.  Both Bama teams looking good.  I'm going to a double header here today: Ole Miss vs Florida.  Last night OM won 12-4.

Had a fun day outside yesterday.  No fishing; lots of yard work and visiting with friends.  Found this baby King Snake alongside our driveway yesterday afternoon.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #45607 on: April 06, 2019, 08:48:07 AM »

Good morning folks.  Mowing for me today.  No fishing or golfballing unless I get Runt to go and help me finish the mowing.  Even if he does fishing will be a maybe.  No golfball regardless...

We see a few king snakes around here but most are down the hill in the flat areas.  We see more rattlesnakes than anything else at our house.

Great to know that the baseball team and softball team beat SC. The Braves put on a show last night against the Miami fish.  Fun stuff... This time next Saturday I hope to be somewhere west of Birmingham heading to T-town... Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred I'm so ready...

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #45608 on: April 06, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »

Had a nice day fishing with a friend. Caught some reds and a pompano. The pompano was delicious!  Tongue

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45609 on: April 06, 2019, 07:13:54 PM »

BOOGS LOSE - PERFECT!!

Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

Jumping  Jumping

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45610 on: April 06, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »

Had a nice day fishing with a friend. Caught some reds and a pompano. The pompano was delicious!  Tongue

Great, wonderful.  Keep them hot until we get there!
 Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #45611 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »

Nice catch 2.  I managed to go down to my BIL's pond with Runt to fish for a while this evening.  Third cast I caught a nice 1lb bass.  No more bass wanted to hit so I switched to a bream/crappie lure and caught several bluegill.  Runt was fishing with fiddle worms and caught several bluegill.  Fun times...

Really happy that Virginia won today... I'd give them an ecred if I could...  Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #45612 on: April 06, 2019, 07:44:34 PM »

Nice catch 2.  I managed to go down to my BIL's pond with Runt to fish for a while this evening.  Third cast I caught a nice 1lb bass.  No more bass wanted to hit so I switched to a bream/crappie lure and caught several bluegill.  Runt was fishing with fiddle worms and caught several bluegill.  Fun times...

Really happy that Virginia won today... I'd give them an ecred if I could...  Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

Sounds like a good fishing day for both of us, NALT. 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45613 on: April 06, 2019, 07:55:27 PM »

I can see Brucie Pearl in prison and still whining about the double dribble, the foul, the refs...

Just glad 0.6 seconds was enough.  Bhwaaaaaahaha!!

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45614 on: April 06, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »

Hunkered again.  Geeeeez!

TV says trees down all around Starkville and surrounding towns.  Bad stuff!

Pages: 1 ... 3037 3038 3039 3040 [3041] 3042 3043 3044 3045 ... 3909   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 185
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0