Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 2507 2508 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 2514 2515 ... 3909   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12658158 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #37650 on: May 20, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »

Better hunker down yet again, Chech. We get ours tomorrow.

Hope the ladies can put a whoopin' on Minnesota today. BTW, Minnesota is an old indian name meaning small soft drink.  Cool
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #37651 on: May 20, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »

Hope the ladies can put a whoopin' on Minnesota today. BTW, Minnesota is an old indian name meaning small soft drink.  Cool

Morning 2. Lol, history is just full of interesting tidbits that make us wonder a bit. I wonder which soda the indians preferred more, Coke, Pepsi or maybe even Dr Pepper. LOLYep, Bama will have their hands full with the Gophers but let's hope Osorio is at her best and their bats are hot for a change. By the way, did you check the score of the boys versus Vandy last night, I think it was 13-1. that would be 31 runs Bama has given up in their last two games. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:07:22 AM by Jamos » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #37652 on: May 20, 2017, 06:10:00 AM »

Hope the ladies can put a whoopin' on Minnesota today. BTW, Minnesota is an old indian name meaning small soft drink.  Cool

Morning 2. Lol, history is just full of interesting tidbits that make us wonder a bit. I wonder which soda the indians preferred more, Coke, Pepsi or maybe even Dr Pepper. LOLYep, Bama will have their hands full with the Gophers but let's hope Osorio is at her best and their bats are hot for a change.

I'm guessing they liked RC Cola to go along with their Moon Pies. 

It certainly won't hurt having Demi back in the lineup. Where's Haylie McCleney when you need her? 
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #37653 on: May 20, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »

Morning Chech.

Your weather map doesn't look very promising for our softball weather today, maybe we can get all of the games in. When are you leaving on your trip? I bet those trout have been looking over their shoulders for you just wondering when you will be there. Mrs. J and I went to Lock 15 Thursday afternoon mainly to just run the boat a little. We couldn't believe it but the motor never missed a lick, ran perfect. I now think the motor is just a little fickle, just to test my patience with it. We didn't catch any fish, a couple of thunder bumpers passed by us and  I was hoping they would fire up the fish but that didn't happen.

Hope everyone has a great day and RTR!!! Pray Cheesy

I'm leaving tomorrow night.  Should be fishing in Colorado on Tuesday midday.

Glad the motor is working.  We'll get together later this season!  Save me a few fish.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #37654 on: May 20, 2017, 06:19:37 AM »

LOTS of heavy rain coming.  Today's softball might be rained out here in Oxford.  Ole Miss won 8-0 yesterday over SIU.  SIU had a pretty good crowd here in town for the game, so hopefully they win a game today.

Should be raining here by 11AM.   Sad

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #37655 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:13 AM »

Morning 2. Lol, history is just full of interesting tidbits that make us wonder a bit. I wonder which soda the indians preferred more, Coke, Pepsi or maybe even Dr Pepper. LOLYep, Bama will have their hands full with the Gophers but let's hope Osorio is at her best and their bats are hot for a change.

I'm guessing they liked RC Cola to go along with their Moon Pies. 

I think they prefer Red Bull.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #37656 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:27 AM »

Well I just got up. Sorry I was late and lazy but my dear wife I probably needed the rest after the trip to B'ham yesterday by myself there and back. Boy, was my back hurting. I am hoping all goes well for our ladies and maybe next year the men can make some strides. Getting ready for swimming and golf now so everybody be good. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #37657 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »

Well I just got up. Sorry I was late and lazy but my dear wife I probably needed the rest after the trip to B'ham yesterday by myself there and back. Boy, was my back hurting. I am hoping all goes well for our ladies and maybe next year the men can make some strides. Getting ready for swimming and golf now so everybody be good. RTR!

I'm impressed, Preacher.  You can play golf with a bad back but Tiger can't.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #37658 on: May 20, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »

Well thank you OT but in all honesty I am going to watch. lol, RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #37659 on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »

So is Tiger! 
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #37660 on: May 20, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »

So is Tiger! 

Laughing

Tiger runs into Stevie Wonder at the airport. Stevie asks Tiger "How's your golf game?" Tiger says, "Not too good Stevie, I'm having some trouble with my swing". Stevie tells him, "Yeah, that happens to me from time to time and I'll take a few days off and I'll lose the bad habit and usually play better."

Tiger exclaims, "You play golf?"

Stevie says, "Yeah".

Tiger asks, "but how, you're blind?"

Stevie responds, "Well, I have a caddie and he'll stand in the fairway and yell. I hit towards his voice. Then he'll move to the green and again, I'll hit to his voice. Then, he gets down to the hole and speaks. Again, I putt to his voice."

Tiger responds, "No kidding!?" What's your handicap?"

Stevie says"I'm a scratch golfer."

Tiger says, "Well Stevie, you and I need to play sometime."

Stevie responds, "That sounds great, but I have to tell you, People don't take me serious, so I don't play for less than $10K"

Tiger says, "That suits me, when do you want to play?"

Stevie says, "Pick a night."

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #37661 on: May 20, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »

So is Tiger! 

Laughing

Tiger runs into Stevie Wonder at the airport. Stevie asks Tiger "How's your golf game?" Tiger says, "Not too good Stevie, I'm having some trouble with my swing". Stevie tells him, "Yeah, that happens to me from time to time and I'll take a few days off and I'll lose the bad habit and usually play better."

Tiger exclaims, "You play golf?"

Stevie says, "Yeah".

Tiger asks, "but how, you're blind?"

Stevie responds, "Well, I have a caddie and he'll stand in the fairway and yell. I hit towards his voice. Then he'll move to the green and again, I'll hit to his voice. Then, he gets down to the hole and speaks. Again, I putt to his voice."

Tiger responds, "No kidding!?" What's your handicap?"

Stevie says"I'm a scratch golfer."

Tiger says, "Well Stevie, you and I need to play sometime."

Stevie responds, "That sounds great, but I have to tell you, People don't take me serious, so I don't play for less than $10K"

Tiger says, "That suits me, when do you want to play?"

Stevie says, "Pick a night."

Applause E-Cred   And I remember Birmingham's famous blind golfer, Charley Boswell.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #37662 on: May 21, 2017, 05:24:35 AM »

Morning, all.  Coffee

We got about an inch of rain; just right for the fertilizer on the lawn.  Now stand back as the grass rockets in growth.

Excellent softball game yesterday, Bama beating a Minnesota team that had lost only 3 games ALL YEAR!  Tough pitching duel; 1-0.  See the thread for details.

The baseball team didn't lose!!  We got a 3-3 tie with Vandy.  Crazy way to finish the game; rain caused the umps to cancel it.
Click here for link

Lots of good SEC softball again today.  Likely that Bama will have to play Minnesota again this afternoon (4PM CDT).

Have a good day and stay dry.  Nice and cool here; front passed through.

Kiss

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #37663 on: May 21, 2017, 06:16:10 AM »

Morning Chech,

Hopefully the storms are all gone and we can enjoy the rain that we got yesterday, our garden was a bit thirsty.

I enjoyed reading your game thread yesterday, a job well done. +1

During Friday afternoon's game between Minnesota and La Tech an Alabama assistant sat next to us for about an hour doing her scouting on the Gophers. She brought up the subject of the ace Minnesota pitcher that Bama would have to face and the difficulty that Bama would face hitting against her. She stated that it is a known fact by the other teams that Bama really struggles against the off speed pitchers and they have not found a way to help the batters combat that style of pitching. I sat there is disbelief and I wondered just how much real coaching the girls get after arriving at Bama to improve their game. I see the girls come into the program with some decent playing skills as the travel ball circuit really offers the girls some top notch coaching at that level but I don't see much or any improvement after they arrive on campus. Hopefully Bama has seen enough of the Minnesota pitcher now that they will try and make some changes at the plate today and quit trying to hit home runs off of her and just put the ball in play with some short swings of the bat.

Wish all of you could be at the ball park with us, it's been lots of fun meeting and greeting the parents and fans of the other teams. I have been really surprised at how many Minnesotans actually live in our area and their kids are either attending  Alabama or have graduated from Alabama. Have a great day everyone. Pray Cheesy

I see 2 has just joined us and a good morning to him as well. Coffee

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #37664 on: May 21, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »

We had a heck of a storm come through around 1 am. Lots of lightning and heavy rain. We get round 2 later today. Was going to have to add some water to the pool but Mother Nature took care of that for me.

Yeah, pretty sure Bama will be playing Mini-soda again today. I hope we get the same results. Maybe we can hit today. 
Pages: 1 ... 2507 2508 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 2514 2515 ... 3909   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0