Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 2822 times)
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »

Some lunchtime updates to camp...I apologize that it took so long, but this is the only time I have had in the last week with camp and recruiting being pretty much in overdrive man its been ridiculous as you guys can imagine ok now for ALL the great news LoL, the team is REALLY coming together well, I'm just gonna go down by position and update each for you, I'll do offense, then defense later on as time permits me

QB: Both guys are not giving up, McCarron is by far more seasoned and the closer to a leader, knows the plays and has the experience, but still has that wild streak in him that makes Saban nervous, he will get the nod first but a VERY short leash, Sims continues to impress and I know I've stated to you guys before I ultimately like his skill and upside more and I still feel that way, his release is lighting quick and he makes so many more good decisions, and progresses through reads, also a little more on our newest commit Alec Morris, Saban had a plan to strike with Morris as soon as we lost out on Winston, and then the little stunt he pulled to push Gunner to IU, that's been discussed, anyway Alec actually performed better at our camp than Gunner in a lot of areas and is a big time under the radar guy, you also always love to get a guy from Texas as a QB, but also to get a guy his size and with his tough winning mentality, Coach Mac really likes him, I'll even admit he likes him better than Gunner or Winston, and is the reason we basically turned Greyson Lambert away.

RB - We are still rather thin but the couple guys we got are powerhouses, expect Fowler and Calloway to fill in while Lacy eases his way into the workload of back #2 while his pec injury fully heals, Calloway is coming along very well he's a big physical bruiser back but he also has very quick foot speed and athleticismx still needs work on his blocking but that's pretty standard for a TF though, we have used a few more guys sparingly to try fill in depth, Christion Jones is a shifty athlete of the Terry Grant mold, he has a lot of potential as an athlete, just not great size, its a insurance policy hopefully we won't have to, like Coach Mac said the guys we do have are guys with immense skill and talent, just no depth, its a serious injury away from pretty much chaos, we will ride Trent, Eddie, and Jalston to run our power run game.

WR - Darius situation is unfortunate , and we are working overtime with the NCAA to get Duron in, his transcript is an absolute mess, we should know more by the end of today, the depth is absolutely stacked though, DeAndrew White will play a big role in the offense this year and especially the 1st 2 games, when Duron gets in he will also be a difference maker, between White, Kenny Bell, and Brad Sylve our depth at slot speed guys is ridiculous and that will help, Kevin Norwood is also a guy who will step up and get PT, he looks great in drills so far and a physical presence. Marvin Shinn has also looked fabulous, just needs to add weight.

OL - The OL is REALLY coming together, Barrett Jones is invaluable on this team, he has transformed from an AA OG to a stronghold OT, LT at that, Cyrus has all the skill and footwork etc and would start at most other schools, but he will be given the opportunity to learn the playbook with Barrett at LT, the depth and talent is a lot deeper at OG which is why he was moved over, the rest of our OL is light years ahead of where it was this time a year ago.

TE - We also have quality depth here as well, Michael Williams (Mike Dub is what I call him lol) is already asserting himself as a leader of this group, he put on serious weight and got some off-season training on better footwork and upper body strength to hold up blocks so that he can develop into a complete TE, I can not express the growth we have seen out of Malcolm Faciane, he had a pretty nasty knee injury and has fully rehabbed and is making waves in camp, he is an excellent blocker with soft hands and a WR skill set with release and separation and then nabbing the tough passes over the middle REALLY impressed with him so far, Smelled will continue his role as the flex in goal line or I as a FB and some TE, still a solid blocker not gonna wow you with his skill set, but he will get nasty in the trenches and is versatile enough to play that position, it doesn't get a lot of fanfare, but he is a vital cog in our larger sets. Expect Mike Dub to have a big year
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »

Great report Tox. I like hearing the OL is doing well.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »

McCarron . . . still has that wild streak in him that makes Saban nervous, he will get the nod first but a VERY short leash

This is what I have been expecting all along.  I think Saban is taking advantage of the intense competition at the position to try to drive home the point to AJ that he can be pulled out of the game at any time if he needs another spanking.

Cheesy

Thanks for the report.  How is that baby doing?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »

The last I heard of Arie K. was him getting carried off at Fan Day practice?

Huh?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »

Huh?

I know you are joking about the way I worded my post but I will take this opportunity to give you an Arie K. update anyway.

Quote from Bama Sports Report:
Arie Kouandjio was absent from practice after suffering an injury late during yesterday's fan day practice. While he was driven off of the field in a golf cart, he walked back onto the field for the autograph session without any visible brace. Coach Saban will address the media on Tuesday, and some poor reporter will certainly ask about the injury status. Thankfully no one has really speculated about the extent of the injury, so hopefully Coach Saban will keep his cool when answering. Who am I kidding? I love it when Coach Saban goes after the media... I want to see more angry Nick Saban on SportsCenter.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »

Huh?

I know you are joking about the way I worded my post but I will take this opportunity to give you an Arie K. update anyway.

Quote from Bama Sports Report:
Arie Kouandjio was absent from practice after suffering an injury late during yesterday's fan day practice. While he was driven off of the field in a golf cart, he walked back onto the field for the autograph session without any visible brace. Coach Saban will address the media on Tuesday, and some poor reporter will certainly ask about the injury status. Thankfully no one has really speculated about the extent of the injury, so hopefully Coach Saban will keep his cool when answering. Who am I kidding? I love it when Coach Saban goes after the media... I want to see more angry Nick Saban on SportsCenter.
Thanks. No I was serious. The sentence finished by saying 'Cyrus was watching while they loaded him up' WAS the last I heard. I count on you for info and was hoping you or MD would bring me up to date. Again, thanks. Seriously. RTR

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
CrimsonCrusader
Junior

E-Cred: 65

Male

CrimsonCrusader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »

Great info. Applause E-Cred
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »

I'm confused as to what the little stunt was that got pulled on Gunner and who pulled it and how.

I'm also confused to the label of Calloway as a big bruiser.  He's thinner and weaker than any RB we've had play a significant role in the last few years, probably back to Terry Grant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 596
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1