Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss State at Alabama (7:00 SEC Network)  (Read 13757 times)
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »

Cooper hits a big time 3. Bama by 7

I really like him.  That is the second game in a row that he has hit a big 3 to knock the other team back when they were trying to make a run to catch up late in the game.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »

9FG did manage to get a steal.  Where did that come from?

Laughing

And yes, he made a great tackle on Randolph.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 06:04:08 AM »

9FG did manage to get a steal.  Where did that come from?

Laughing

9FG is occasionally standing in the right place and a rebound or a steal comes right to him but he gave it right back with something-- oh, he gave 'em a second chance on a free throw with a lane violation. You rarely see that one called. :huge eye roll: He tried to play point guard last night. I think Lacey or Releford tossed him the ball and broke off him to the goal trying to peel their defender off. But Gueye missed the whole thing and just started dribbling (LOL). He got 25 minutes last night to only 15 for Jacobs. WTH? CAG has poured his soul into this project but Gueye continues to do Bill Buckner impersonations. I'll even bet that when he's on the bench his foot is sometimes sticking over the line (violation). :another eye roll:  

I said about 6 or 7 games back that Cooper is either hot or cold. Never any in-between. But he does a lot of other things to justify his existence even when he is not hitting shots. He has been playing more consistant as of late.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:07:52 AM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »

Laughing

9FG is occasionally standing in the right place and a rebound or a steal comes right to him but he gave it right back with something-- oh, he gave 'em a second chance on a free throw with a lane violation. You rarely see that one called. :huge eye roll: He tried to play point guard last night. I think Lacey or Releford tossed him the ball and broke off him to the goal trying to peel their defender off. But Gueye missed the whole thing and just started dribbling (LOL). He got 25 minutes last night to only 15 for Jacobs. WTH? CAG has poured his soul into this project but Gueye continues to do Bill Buckner impersonations. I'll even bet that when he's on the bench his foot is sometimes sticking over the line (violation). :another eye roll:  

I said about 6 or 7 games back that Cooper is either hot or cold. Never any in-between. But he does a lot of other things to justify his existence even when he is not hitting shots. He has been playing more consistant as of late.

I know you don't like Gueye but Jacobs does nothing unless the ball is in his hands. He is no help whatsoever posting or screening for the other players. It's a fact that Bama has no big man capable of being a threat to the opposing team but Gueye does offer some resistance to the opposing players and tries to block and screen for the other players to get their shots off. Jacobs does attract some attention from the opposing players when he has the ball though and Gueye is no threat whatsoever. I hope that someday Gueye will learn how to dunk a ball, I have never seen him try to dunk a ball whether it's in a shootaround or in a game. He's had many chances to get easy baskets underneath with the dunk but he always chooses not to and misses the shot. It could be a fear of his knees but it sure is costing him some easy high percent baskets.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:40 AM »

I hope that someday Gueye will learn how to dunk a ball, I have never seen him try to dunk a ball whether it's in a shootaround or in a game. He's had many chances to get easy baskets underneath with the dunk but he always chooses not to and misses the shot.
Absolutely!  A guy his size should easily be able to dunk, but instead Gueye misses close range shots.  And you're also right about Jacobs v. Gueye, at least Gueye sets screens and blocks shots.

D won this game.  I'm not sure I have ever seen so many steals in one game, down the stretch.  The players are hustling out there.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »

I hope that someday Gueye will learn how to dunk a ball, I have never seen him try to dunk a ball whether it's in a shootaround or in a game. He's had many chances to get easy baskets underneath with the dunk but he always chooses not to and misses the shot.
Absolutely!  A guy his size should easily be able to dunk, but instead Gueye misses close range shots.  And you're also right about Jacobs v. Gueye, at least Gueye sets screens and blocks shots.

D won this game.  I'm not sure I have ever seen so many steals in one game, down the stretch.  The players are hustling out there.
C'mon. Gueye and Jacobs are BOTH getting used defensively. Jacobs at least sometimes fronts his man and doesn't get backed underneath the goal. But Jacobs offers the possiblity of some offense. As for Gueye, he offers no offense and he hasn't set an EFFECTIVE screen all year long. He is either out too far or not far enough. Sometimes Releford or Lacey have to wave him out, but the surprise is long gone by the time they do that. His only hope of doing anything beneficial is when a rebound bounces right to him, but Jacobs would (theoretically) get those if he was in the game. If you saw the game last night (comedic if it wasn't so sad), you have to at least be starting to realize how worthless he is,-- to the point of doing like Engstrom and getting in the way of the others trying to play SEC basketball. HTH 

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »

If you are looking for pretty wins you need to follow another team. We win ugly and we did it again last night. Our 10-3 SEC record is looking pretty good.

Cooper had a great game. His first career double-double. Releford was solid again. He keeps driving to the basket and getting steals. Randolph struggled with his shot but his hustle is always there. I guess Lacey is our point guard now.

State made the final score closer than it actually was by hitting three desperation 3's in the final 30 seconds. Over all it was an easy win over a bad team but a win none the less.

We hit the road Saturday to play LSU. I look for that to be a difficult game.

BTW, Ole Miss is doing everything they can to help us. They lost to USCe last night. They have now lost 5 of their last 7.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »

Laughing

Jacobs had back spasms that limited his playing time. We will need him against LSU and JOB3.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »

Laughing

Jacobs had back spasms that limited his playing time. We will need him against LSU and JOB3.

I saw the trainer working him with some stretches before the game, I didn't know he was having back problems. Maybe this is why he does very little in pregame warmups and doesn't get too physical during the games, I knew he had an ankle problem earlier in the year. He sure hasn't been the same Jacobs that I saw last year.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »

Laughing

I saw the trainer working him with some stretches before the game, I didn't know he was having back problems. Maybe this is why he does very little in pregame warmups and doesn't get too physical during the games, I knew he had an ankle problem earlier in the year. He sure hasn't been the same Jacobs that I saw last year.

GAG said in the post game press conference that the back spasms started during the shoot around. It limited Jacobs play last night but he does not think it will be a continuing problem. See point # 3 in the attached link. Cecil Hurt tweeted it was a back spasm and he should be fine.

Click here for link
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:39:33 AM by pmull » Logged
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »

Laughing

He isn't the same Jacobs I saw last year either.  Embarrassed

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

I just saw on ESPN that Ole Miss right now is in the tourney. I would think we would be above Ole Miss. I don't have a link it was just on the TV program. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »

I just saw on ESPN that Ole Miss right now is in the tourney. I would think we would be above Ole Miss. I don't have a link it was just on the TV program. RTR!

According to the ESPN website Joe Lunardi's Bracetology has not been updated sine 2/19. Ole Miss is in that bracket but it was posted prior to them lossing to USCe. Ole Miss has lost 5 of 7 and taking on water right now.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »

OK thanks pmull. They might have been speaking of an old bracket not updated. I think we are closer than some of our counterparts. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »

Laughing

He isn't the same Jacobs I saw last year either.  Embarrassed
He was listed as Lennay Jacobs last season.  HTH

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 959
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0