Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSC National Championship Bama vs LSU game notes:  (Read 18411 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 05:42:44 AM »

I've enjoyed your analysis and input of the games all season and I'm looking forward to more of the same next season. Roll Tide!!! 

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »

Too all, I am glad you enjoy the notes.  It is fun for me to do and it enables me to talk Bama football with a lot of Bama fans.    I do wonder this, do the notes make you watch the game a little differently?

it sure makes me re-watch it more closely , without the , you know , clutter 
thanks for all you do for so many , awesome thing you do for everyone Coach !

Same here. I record all the games and watch the replay after your notes. I spend that time going "Son of a gun, he was right!". Drives Wifey crazy.

Laughing

I have learned a lot from your notes.  It helps me to see things in the next game that I may have overlooked before.  For example, in this game, I picked up on the fact that we were generally getting our tails handed to us when we tried to run to the right on 3rd and short, typically getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.  I kept telling everyone here that if we are going to run the ball on an obvious run down, at least run it to the left where our OL is better.  Then later on, guess which side we ran to when Trent scored the TD.  I felt pretty good about that.

I didn't track it, but it would be very interesting to see how many yards we got going to the right, up the middle, and to the left.  I would bet there is a huge difference on runs to the left.  Before I started reading your notes, I probably would not have noticed details like that.  In my mind I would have lumped all the runs together.

I have a much better eye for details now, even to the point were I look at the formations and notice when there aren't enough guys on the line of scrimmage.  A lot of times I tell everybody watching with me what the penalty is going to be before they even throw the flag.

You got me thinking and I watched the O again.  It looked like many of the successful runs started between the guards and the running back would break it to one side or the other.  I do think when they broke to the left they had more success.  I left this out of the first note, but I did comment on how well WV played, but if you watch again, in the 2nd quarter at about 5:51 watch the great block WV makes that allows EL to gain big yardage.  I also noticed that when AJ overthrew BS he also had an open BG deep in the middle of the field.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

I mentioned the great play of the front seven in the first notes which means the safeties didn't make many tackles.  RL had 1 solo and 2 assist while MB had 1 solo and 1 assist. 
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »

I've screamed Turn Left so many times my wife thought I was watching nascar

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »

Laughing
MLB10
Senior

E-Cred: 115

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »

Laughing
Laughing
I finally got to watch some of the game on tv...a guy had made a 27 minute youtube "highlights" montage.  Brent Musberger was talking some serious TM7 smack.  He said "the honey badger better care about that...that's 26 yards!".  He also said "the honey badger fears no man but he better fear THE TIDE!".  Makes me think the rumors about BM and Les having a tense, unfriendly relationship are true.  DANG...seemed almost unprofessional.  I expect blatant favoritism from Eli Gold...he is the voice of the tide...not from a national pundit.  Maybe there is honey badger backlash from other people being sick of hearing about him, too. 

BTW, my sister says honey badger's daddy is on death row for murder.  Now I will not hold that against him...he can't help it.  What I will complain about is that I have JUST now heard about it but meanwhile Mark Ingram couldn't make a play without his jailbird daddy being brought up (and his daddy didn't kill anybody!).  I always felt they should have let Mark Ingram's behavior speak for itself instead of bringing up his dad's mistakes.  Wish they would have been as discreet w/ Mark's family issues as they have been with TM7. 
Bamaphile
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3183

Bamaphile

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »

Somehow, I missed this thread when it first got posted.  Thanks for your work all year on posting the game notes, hsc.  I enjoy those threads every week.  You offer a great insight on our team's performance.  Your notes are always a good read.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 09:15:39 PM »

here are some game notes from a guy in NOLA

Jim Kleinpeter, a writer for The Times Picayune  
I have lit Jim up a few times in the past few weeks on his blog , (for BAMA BASHING) ,
so to say his latest article title is a surprise to me would be understatement at the least .

or maybe I rubbed off on him with my sharp witty comebacks to his garbage lsu stories ?
Naw , it was our Crimson Tide that made him see the light, but I can dream I played a part in it ...    

his game notes .... (not as good as our High School Coaches) ... titled ...
LSU film study: Tigers outcoached, outplayed, out quarterbacked  

Click here for link
if you laugh , get a crap , or bruise a rib ? blame Jim not me ...

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:45:21 PM by XBAMA » Logged

hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »

staying away from the playmakers Tyrann Mathieu

I think I remember at least 3 completitions over the honey bonger.  What game was this guy watching?
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »

now you see why I lit him up ... but the title alone I'll consider a victory of sorts , ever
how small of one it may be ... these people are reminding me of the Village on the Plains
more and more everyday ....   

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 06:24:54 AM »

I'll take the HSC version of what happened before the Kleinpeter interpretation.

Kleinpeter:

Biggest defensive play for Tigers was the tipped (by Norwood) ball they almost picked off.

Reason for big Maze return: gunner blocked OOB by Menzie.

Kleinpeter calls for passing. I guess he figures the .76 seconds of time was plenty for JJ OR JL to enjoy a leisurely drop back and go through his receivers progression, and get a adequate pass off. "Hey son, make sure you step into that pass!"

The officiating: I would have gone with holding since it is subjective, but this dumbazz chose the faircatch play where there is actual video evidence that the correct call was made.

About JJ: Kleinpeter must think JJ should have dropped to his knees begging not to go back in or simply refused.

Anyway. This is one more article of one sentence of "the Tide deserves the credit but..." Then the whole argument boils down to coaching, officials, and bad luck. Give the Tide its due! They flattened your team twice in the same season!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:29:11 AM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 08:35:26 AM »

Also in the two games TR alone almost have as many yards as LSU did in the combined game.  He outgained LSU in the second game by himself.
carl childers
Grad Student

E-Cred: 349

Male

carl childers

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 08:44:38 AM »

Always enjoy your takes on the games, Coach. When you get a chance, would you give an outlook on the 2012 roster and season?

Saban about the 2011 Alabama defense: "They are a hateful bunch..."
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »

Also in the two games TR alone almost have as many yards as LSU did in the combined game.  He outgained LSU in the second game by himself.
LSU says he was held in check if you throw out his 2 big runs. LOL.  LSU was "held in check" if you throw out their 2 FGs in game 1.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »

LSU says he was held in check if you throw out his 2 big runs. LOL.  LSU was "held in check" if you throw out their 2 FGs in game 1.

Laughing

They almost won the second game too, if they could have just kept us from scoring and kicked just one little ol' FG.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 415
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0