Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSC National Championship Bama vs LSU game notes:  (Read 18413 times)
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »

Very nice, I too get a kick out of the people saying he should have put Lee in the game.  If Jefferson was being pressured almost every play by the front 4, all Lee would have done is not move and get killed.  Jefferson did complete the passes he could, they just didn't have the opportunities due to the fact they simply couldn't get the running game started at all.
Miles' reasoning was that JJ could do something with his feet.  But he didn't, looked shaky and nervous from the first snap, and missed some open receivers.  I can't think Lee would have done any worse.  Maybe not any better, given the awesome defensive play, but JJ was done and it might have given them a spark.  Either way, Bama wins.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »

Thanks HSC. We have enjoyed your notes all year long.

The offense played great against a very good LSU defense. AJ looked very confident from the first play and I think the rest of the offense feed off that.

The defense whipped LSU all night. Jefferson had a look on his face that I have not seen in a big game since Miami's Vinny Testaverde in 92. Most of the night we were getting pressure with only 4 rushers which allows the LB to run free and make plays. The whole LSU offensive scheme appeared to be option runs and wide receiver screens. We played the option to perfection. The LB not only made JJ pitch the ball but the same LB normally made the tackle. Dre and Menzie played great on the WR screens. They not only held the edge they made the tackle or turned the play inside. The safety's could have stayed on the bench no more than they were needed.

Kick-off and punt coverage was excellant. We had two good punt returns and a 15 yard penalty. We had 66 punt return yards. LSU had only 6 return yards all year. Shelly looked much improved on the long field goals. I am sure he has worked hard but it is easier to kick in the dome and on fake grass. But 5 field goals is pretty good under any curcumstances.

Great game plan by the coaching staff. McElwain saved his best for his last game. You could tell our entire team was focused, prepared and ready to play.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »

Great notes coach.  You are right about the kickoff cover team, I had forgotten about how well they played at the beginning of the year.

If AJ stays healthy, I believe he will hold most of the QB records by the time he leaves.  He is going to be a good one I do believe.  There is no doubt he has the skills, but he grew up on Monday and has taken over this team.  I especially loved seeing him in Trent's ear on the sideline.  I can only imagine he was getting him fired up for the TD that happened not long after that.

What a great game!
I agree AJ can be very good.  Maybe that one little butt tap by Saban help straighten out this head.  One of his best throws was the one BG dropped near the goal line.

Did you see AJ and CNS in the press conference after the game?  They talked about that moment.  They were great together.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »

Great notes coach.  You are right about the kickoff cover team, I had forgotten about how well they played at the beginning of the year.

If AJ stays healthy, I believe he will hold most of the QB records by the time he leaves.  He is going to be a good one I do believe.  There is no doubt he has the skills, but he grew up on Monday and has taken over this team.  I especially loved seeing him in Trent's ear on the sideline.  I can only imagine he was getting him fired up for the TD that happened not long after that.

What a great game!
I agree AJ can be very good.  Maybe that one little butt tap by Saban help straighten out this head.  One of his best throws was the one BG dropped near the goal line.

Did you see AJ and CNS in the press conference after the game?  They talked about that moment.  They were great together.

I did see that and thought they did a great job.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »

What a great game!

I watched the interview and they both did a good job. I wish AJ would say our OL, our receivers rather than my OL and my receivers but ithat is getting picky.

The butt slap was in the Georgia State game last year when AJ replaced GMAC late in the game. In the press conference they laughed about CNS getting on AJ for getting too excited in this years Florida game.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »

Right, I forgot about the one from last year.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »

Thanks hscoach! Great  insight.

Tinfoil Hat

lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »

Thanks, hsc, for all your insights this season.  I look forward to your game notes next season!  ROLL TIDE!!!!    Applause E-Cred
NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

E-Cred: 48

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »

Coach,
Excellent Notes! A few of your quotes from this season are in my scrapbook.I was going to post a funny picture to thank you, but I did my normal when I started cropping and pushing buttons. Embarrassed
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »

Too all, I am glad you enjoy the notes.  It is fun for me to do and it enables me to talk Bama football with a lot of Bama fans.    I do wonder this, do the notes make you watch the game a little differently?
NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

E-Cred: 48

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »

Too all, I am glad you enjoy the notes.  It is fun for me to do and it enables me to talk Bama football with a lot of Bama fans.    I do wonder this, do the notes make you watch the game a little differently?
Simple answer is yes. I am a fan and not a coach so I am going to be bias with my favorites. When I read your notes I do not see you pushing favorite players. So in return I am willing to listen to you and learn something.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »

it sure makes me re-watch it more closely , without the , you know , clutter 
thanks for all you do for so many , awesome thing you do for everyone Coach !

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »

Same here. I record all the games and watch the replay after your notes. I spend that time going "Son of a gun, he was right!". Drives Wifey crazy.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »

Same here. I record all the games and watch the replay after your notes. I spend that time going "Son of a gun, he was right!". Drives Wifey crazy.

Laughing

I have learned a lot from your notes.  It helps me to see things in the next game that I may have overlooked before.  For example, in this game, I picked up on the fact that we were generally getting our tails handed to us when we tried to run to the right on 3rd and short, typically getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.  I kept telling everyone here that if we are going to run the ball on an obvious run down, at least run it to the left where our OL is better.  Then later on, guess which side we ran to when Trent scored the TD.  I felt pretty good about that.

I didn't track it, but it would be very interesting to see how many yards we got going to the right, up the middle, and to the left.  I would bet there is a huge difference on runs to the left.  Before I started reading your notes, I probably would not have noticed details like that.  In my mind I would have lumped all the runs together.

I have a much better eye for details now, even to the point were I look at the formations and notice when there aren't enough guys on the line of scrimmage.  A lot of times I tell everybody watching with me what the penalty is going to be before they even throw the flag.

lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 09:10:12 PM »

Yes.  You are a great teacher!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 581
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0