Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys...my 1st post  (Read 2678 times)
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »

Ok guys hope you like the new space. From now on this is where I'll post. I'm sorry it's been so long but it's been ridiculous few days with Spring practice and coaching clinic as well, busiest days all year so I'll get right into it for y'all

Last 2 days in pads have been amazing, best team I've seen since being in Tuscaloosa even better than what they looked like in Spring before the 09 season. The whole team is extremely hungry and so talented that it's gonna be tough to beat this team and honestly the D is gonna be absolutely ridiculous I have no doubt about that. Here's a few notes on players I've noticed the last 2 practices:

- Dee Hart is even BETTER with pads OMG!I know Saban talked about him today at his presser and he's so impressive with his speed and explosion and adding pads you really get a feel for his escapability and shiftiness and speed outright with pads on WOW! no doubt he'll get a great shot to contribute as a TF

- The most improved player frontrunner to win the award so far HAS to be Brandon Ivory. He came into Spring in a LOT better shape than last year after having a great offseason and slimming down. He is now turning heads the last 2 days in pads and coach Rumph loves the big guy.

- The other big improved guy is Ed Stinson and I know I already mentioned him a little bit but he is now up to 279 so definitely a DE size and still has his speed and explosiveness and athleticism, he has that lean you love seeing in a DE to get around the edge of the OL and really uses his hands and gets that push to get the OL on their heels. There's a reason he's started with the 1st teamers in all the reps, he's gonna be a new starter and with Coach Rumph's coaching, his next DE monster.

- Trent is so motivated, all the guys most would consider leaders and upperclassmen on this team are, but he is like a caged bull ready to be released in the arena, really ready to start running over SEC defenses.

- Aaron Douglas was right about being a bad man in pads, he is no doubt our starter at LT, he was absolutely a brick wall the last 2 days, very impressive

- The QB battle continues to heat up. AJ is really showing that he's becoming a leader and Sims arm strength and accuracy continue to impress. Both QB's are establishing great repoir with the group of WR's it looks like it's gonna be a battle all Spring.

- Hightower has absolutely been a monster the last 2 days, Saban had to pull him out twice of the scrimmage because of hits (we thought he broke Lacy's knee on one hit but Lacy was ok) he is also so hungry now that he's healthy and ready to rip some heads off, him and Upshaw are reLly gonna be something special this year.

- Everyone has also been talking about Vinnie Sunseri, he's been another impressive TF so far and really brings the wood man and already moving guys around and pointing out the right audible and coverage and he's ALWAYS right there at or around the ball to lay the wood or make a play, also VERY impressive on D

- All the top 4 CB's, Menzie, Dre, Milliner, and Fulton are really very much improved from last year, all 4 realized how much they mean to this team's success and have built a bond together, Menzie is so much improved without the lingering effects of that ankle injury, he's ready to show he's a top 10 NFL draft pick type talent at CB really is a shutdown island guy and Dre has finally seemed to turn a corner as well with his awareness and mental aspect, the only real clutch he seemed to have, both he and Milliner were able to really review film all offseason of mental errors and breakdows both guys suffered and both are much better because of it, REALLY feel much better about tha position than I have the last 2 years.

- Quinton Dial continues to impress and Jesse Williams showed some yesterday and today of his speed and the reason he dropped his weight Dow. So he could get after the QB, Coach Rumph has that whole unit looking to be game-changers this year, can't wait to see them in action.

- Bowman impressed some more at WR, showed good speed and outstanding hand skills, DeAndrew and Norwood both look much faster and Norwood is such a physical WR but adding speed is helping him seperate himself, Kenny Bell had a couple long TD's today also he's looking good too, really the whole WR unit is really improving which is great to see.

- A few commits are coming in the next week or so I heard today, we really think a few guys are ready and by the time our camp for recruits rolls around almost all spots are gonna be full, but it will def be a full class this year since there are so many seniors  
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »

Great report.  Thanks Toxik.

Are you still going to be able to get into practice now that the coaching clinic is over?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »

Oh yeah I'll be at all the practices and scrimmages
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »

Cool!!!  How in the world are you pulling that off?  Can you bring a guest or two?  Cheesy

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
CrimsonCrusader
Junior

E-Cred: 65

Male

CrimsonCrusader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »

What a great first post. Would like to be in your shoes.lol
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »

Hey Tox I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for feeding my frenzie in Spring Practice details. Please keep it coming the creds have to build for you, lol. Man I can't get there but you make it so live for me. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMADCHAMPSHIPS
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3378

Male

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »

Well, I am glad I stumbled upon this.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0