Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will SEC Basketball Become The #1 Conference as Football Has  (Read 7598 times)
BillBrosky
Grad Student

E-Cred: 120

BillBrosky

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »

Hello, Brosky.  Happy turkey to you.

Gobble gobble bro!  Y'all got BIG plans for turkey day?  

Plans?  Hell, Brosky, I'm right here within an hour of Jamestown.  Not to mix historical Thanksgivings, but Jamestown, unlike Plymouth, is where the idiots nearly starved to death because they were too proud to accept food from the Indians local folks.  I can see Thomas Jefferson's house from my window (sensu S. Palin 2008).

What da heck?  How'd a southern boy from sippisippi wind up in Yankee territory? 
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:01 AM »

Plans?  Hell, Brosky, I'm right here within an hour of Jamestown.  Not to mix historical Thanksgivings, but Jamestown, unlike Plymouth, is where the idiots nearly starved to death because they were too proud to accept food from the Indians local folks.  I can see Thomas Jefferson's house from my window (sensu S. Palin 2008).

What da heck?  How'd a southern boy from sippisippi wind up in Yankee territory? 

I once made that association mistake myself.  Virginia claims to have the inside track on Confederate heroes.  Who'd have known! 

BillBrosky
Grad Student

E-Cred: 120

BillBrosky

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 08:06:09 AM »

I once made that association mistake myself.  Virginia claims to have the inside track on Confederate heroes.  Who'd have known! 

Well, they did rip up Mrs Lee's garden of collards and plant some yanks.  How'd dat work out?  NOT TOO GOOD!  Errybody knows that the Potomac is only good for tobacco, cherry trees, freezin' over, and collards.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »

Well, they did rip up Mrs Lee's garden of collards and plant some yanks.  How'd dat work out?  NOT TOO GOOD!  Errybody knows that the Potomac is only good for tobacco, cherry trees, freezin' over, and collards.

I think you're wanted over at The Daily Thread.

I've got to go work...

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »

The SEC appears to be up this year. Currently KY, Florida, Vandy and Bama are in the top 25. Miss State looks like they may be good. I look for Arky to improve with Anderson as the coach. We should have a good year. Before we start taking about being a top BB conference we have to prove it. Having one good year will not do it. We need to do it year after year. The SEC seems to run in cycles. We will have a few good years and a few down years. The top BB conferences are always good. I agree with Chech that fan support and coaching has to improve to get us on top. The South produces top BB talent just like football. We need to keep that talent at home. Too many leave the South to play in the ACC and Big East.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »

I don't ever see Dickie V. turning in support of the SEC. We could be playing KY. and he would talk about Syracuse or North Carolina but not us. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »

The SEC has the talent, but there are 2 more qualities needed: fan support and top coaching.
There's money to be made in Basketball, that's for sure.  But not as much as football, ESPECIALLY in the SEC where football is all that matters to most fans.  Still, some SEC teams make a push in basketball -- Kentucky, Bama and Florida having the most success historically, followed by MS State, Vandy, Georgia and LSU.  The addition of Missouri and TA&M should improve the SEC's basketball resume, as both teams are competitive (though not NCAA tournament worthy every year) and probably better than half of the SEC schools (can you say improved RPI?)  Still, without the fan support, the money will not be spent for better facilities or coaching at many SEC schools
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »

FWIW Bama is up on Alabama A&M 66-31.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »

Final 82-45 Bama.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »

Final 82-45 Bama.

Mostly freshman PT tonight. Big numbers. Check 'em out. Apparently JG did not play.

Click here for link
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »

Green did not play tonight, he got a hip pointer in Puerti Rico and decided to let it rest tonight. Tony Mitchell went down with an ankle sprain 8 minutes into the game, I saw him on crutches as the game was ending. It was a great game for Bama in that the youngsters got a lot on minutes tonight. It was a sloppy game but there was great effort from the players, some of them grew up a little tonight.

Bama has a huge game Sunday night, VCU. For those that don't remember, VCU made it to the final four last year so Bama will have their hands full. I'm hoping some fans will show up fill the place, Bama's home court win streak will be on the line.

The game will start at 8:30 pm Sunday.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

Green did not play tonight, he got a hip pointer in Puerti Rico and decided to let it rest tonight. Tony Mitchell went down with an ankle sprain 8 minutes into the game, I saw him on crutches as the game was ending. It was a great game for Bama in that the youngsters got a lot on minutes tonight. It was a sloppy game but there was great effort from the players, some of them grew up a little tonight.

Bama has a huge game Sunday night, VCU. For those that don't remember, VCU made it to the final four last year so Bama will have their hands full. I'm hoping some fans will show up fill the place, Bama's home court win streak will be on the line.

The game will start at 8:30 pm Sunday.

J, any word on the severity of TM's injury?
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 12:42:45 AM »

It is supposedly just a sprained ankle.  He was signing autographs in the stands after the game without the crutches.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 05:46:29 AM »

Yeah, he was signing autographs which is a good indicator to the level of his pain. This morning will tell the story on the severity of it, I'm sure he will be in the trainers room very early this morning.

He took a big tumble when he hurt it going after a loose ball at mid-court and he was at full speed doing this.

It was a lot of fun watching the reserves play, especially Engstrom. It's a shame that he got whistled for some cheap fouls because he was starting to like the idea of blocking shots near the basket. He's improving but still has a ways to go when comparing him to the other players, but the other players are pretty darn good. Jacobs is going to be a lot of help on the inside but he mishandles a lot of balls, he could have had over twenty points easily if not for that. Hankerson likes to play basketball, he has a good shot and does real well playing the guard position, this will give Bama the depth that they need there as Lacey has stepped up in that position as well.

I thought it was a good game for Bama as they were working on the long range shots last night, due to Green and Mitchell being out, this is something that they will need against the better teams.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »

Yeah, he was signing autographs which is a good indicator to the level of his pain. This morning will tell the story on the severity of it, I'm sure he will be in the trainers room very early this morning.

He took a big tumble when he hurt it going after a loose ball at mid-court and he was at full speed doing this.

It was a lot of fun watching the reserves play, especially Engstrom. It's a shame that he got whistled for some cheap fouls because he was starting to like the idea of blocking shots near the basket. He's improving but still has a ways to go when comparing him to the other players, but the other players are pretty darn good. Jacobs is going to be a lot of help on the inside but he mishandles a lot of balls, he could have had over twenty points easily if not for that. Hankerson likes to play basketball, he has a good shot and does real well playing the guard position, this will give Bama the depth that they need there as Lacey has stepped up in that position as well.

I thought it was a good game for Bama as they were working on the long range shots last night, due to Green and Mitchell being out, this is something that they will need against the better teams.

Awesome! Thanks for the report, J.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0