Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Hate This for the Penn State Fans  (Read 8118 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »

I hate this for the Penn State fans, they are some of the best fans in college football and they don't deserve what has just happened to them. Their hero of so many years, who just broke the all time win record for a college head coach, is fired for one of the worst things anyone can imagine. It's still hard for me to believe that he did this.

You have to ask why, how could Joe Pa do such a thing. Did winning mean that much to him, was he afraid that if he reported what he knew it might take away the chance of him being the all time winningest coach, we can only wonder.

I have been very reserved of making an opinion of this incident until I knew that everything that had been said about Joe Pa was actually true, and now I know. I'm sickened, here's a man that was in Bear Bryants class, a legend in his part of the country, highly rated by all and now this. How could he not do the right thing and make sure the incident was reported and taken care of, not swept under the rug.

Our society in America has become nothing but a cesspool and it stinks just like one. Everyday on the news someone is throwing their children off a bridge, beating them to death, locking them in cages and yes, sexually molesting them. I can only imagine what this country will be like twenty years from now.  Sad  Pray

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

I'm with you Jamos.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt, right up until I finally saw the first video of him talking to the students outside his house.  He was more concerned about beating Nebraska and finishing the year than what had happened to those kids.  This spoke volumes to me.  He was... jovial, that is how I would describe it.  Clearly a more somber disposition would have been appropriate, and that is exactly how he would have felt if he felt any remorse or sadness for those victims.  But no, let's "Beat Nebraska" is what he said.  At the very least he should have expressed anger that this happened.  But he treated it like "clutter" that was distracting everybody from the real important stuff:  the Nebraska game.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »

I hate this for the Penn State fans, they are some of the best fans in college football and they don't deserve what has just happened to them. Their hero of so many years, who just broke the all time win record for a college head coach, is fired for one of the worst things anyone can imagine. It's still hard for me to believe that he did this.

You have to ask why, how could Joe Pa do such a thing. Did winning mean that much to him, was he afraid that if he reported what he knew it might take away the chance of him being the all time winningest coach, we can only wonder.

I have been very reserved of making an opinion of this incident until I knew that everything that had been said about Joe Pa was actually true, and now I know. I'm sickened, here's a man that was in Bear Bryants class, a legend in his part of the country, highly rated by all and now this. How could he not do the right thing and make sure the incident was reported and taken care of, not swept under the rug.

Our society in America has become nothing but a cesspool and it stinks just like one. Everyday on the news someone is throwing their children off a bridge, beating them to death, locking them in cages and yes, sexually molesting them. I can only imagine what this country will be like twenty years from now.  Sad  Pray

I have been privileged to attend 6 Alabama - Penn State games in my life going back to 1982. I just hate it for their fans. They have always acted with diginity and class. They had nothing to do with this. I feel sorry for them.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »

Hang in there JAMOS. Evil has always been present but good always manages to keep it in check. The 24 hour news cycle is vomiting this garbage all over our living rooms day in and day out, making it seem like evil is everywhere. People are still good,...Tide fans are better.

The PSU fans had nothing to do with this vile Sandusky case...until tonight...the world is watching.

I am trying to understand the fans reaction...Paterno is their only living tie to championship level football.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:49:54 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »

Hang in there JAMOS. Evil has always been present but good always manages to keep it in check. The 24 hour news cycle is vomiting this garbage all over our living rooms day in and day out, making it seem like evil is everywhere. People are still good,...Tide fans are better.

Thanks WV!  Wink

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »

I wonder how much the line has moved (Neb vs. PSU) since it opened?

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »

OCCUPY BEAVER AVENUE

We are...
Ingrates.
We are...
Ingrates.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:01:24 AM by BAMAWV » Logged

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 12:05:47 AM »

I wonder how much the line has moved (Neb vs. PSU) since it opened?

I might need to change my pick!

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »

OCCUPY BEAVER AVENUE

We are...
Ingrates.
We are...
Ingrates.

If they don't stop flipping over news vans they will be chanting

We are
Cell mates
We are
Cell mates

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »

OCCUPY BEAVER AVENUE

We are...
Ingrates.
We are...
Ingrates.

If they don't stop flipping over news vans they will be chanting

We are
Cell mates
We are
Cell mates

Laughing

JodyBaker22
Junior

E-Cred: 78

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 02:22:59 AM »

He was... jovial, that is how I would describe it. 
He wasn't "jovial", he's freakin 87 years old.  He hasn't really been the head coach for years.  It saddens me how all of this has transpired, but cleaning house is waht Penn State must do.  I think if this came out years ago I would expect more from Joe Pa.... at 87 years old I got what I expected.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »

JoPa is old enough without the hyperbole; actually he's 84.

I'm afraid that Penn State fans are realizing that their idol (JoPa), like the former idol of Ohio State fans (Tressel), didn't have the ideals and virtues they thought.  JoPa put football first, and protected his program in the face of criminal behavior.  It seems that everyone who knew about the behavior yielded to JoPa and the program. 

I'm saddened for them too.  They deserve better.  Sad

bamalum67
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

Male

bamalum67

Bama born and Bama bred

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 05:39:05 AM »

ALways had respect for Joe..I really don't know what to think now..no one really knows what he was thinking..all we can do is surmise and assume...he really should have come out strongly against Sandusky not only now, but at the time.  If I knew someone who was accused of such acts I would definitely throw them under the bus, long time friend or not.

He just did not react like someone should have..maybe in his mind such acts are so heinous that he just cannot fathom them happening.

I have much sympathy for the kids..none for Sandusky, et.al.

Not that it matters in light of the crimes, but it will be years before PSU is a force in college FB again.

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight..it's the size of the fight in the dog"
bamalum67
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

Male

bamalum67

Bama born and Bama bred

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »

Another thing:  the grad student who witnessed the acts...why the hell was he not enraged? why would not a red-blooded American male, football player, etc. not feel enraged about a grown man performing such acts on a defenseless boy?  And all he did was tell Coach Paterno?

My opinion is that the was scared for his own job..his own career..realized he had to do something, but took the easy road, depended on the higher ups to do the dirty deed.

As much as we impale JoePA,this guy also needs to be impaled on the sword of " did what was legal, but did not do what was morally right".

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight..it's the size of the fight in the dog"
MLB10
Senior

E-Cred: 115

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »

I think the graduate assistant was probably well aware of the culture of that town and knew for anything to be done, JoePa had to be on board.  No, I don't blame the graduate assistant as much as I blame the others.  I'm sure he will be called to witness (Isn't he on staff with the Nittany Lions now???).

JoePa is just out of touch...institutionalized and away from reality.  I can see how that would happen.  He's has been given so much respect and authority and now it's like he's clinging to keep it.   Wasn't it just a few years ago he was knocked down by a stiff breeze and injured?  He didn't retire then...he's hanging on for dear life.  He bought into his own hype.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 556
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0