Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So is there any chance Okie st Jumps Bama?  (Read 8653 times)
SeniorTSM
Senior

E-Cred: 306

SeniorTSM

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »

I have a lot of other teams fans (I am in the Military) telling me each day how Bama doesn't deserve a rematch, that Okie St should go...Bama had the chance...blah blah blah.

To be honest any other year I would agree but this is a strange year and everyone SHOULD be able to see Bama and LSU are in a class by themselfs. No one comes close!

The UGA fans bring up 2007 and say UGA should have went if were going let Bama go this year...IDK

Thoughts?
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

I would begrudgingly support Oklahoma State if they were undefeated.  But you can't overlook that horrible loss to a 28 point underdog.  LSU led Alabama for exactly 0:00 minutes on the game clock.  That last FG in overtime is the only time they had the lead the entire game.  Alabama is the only team that can beat LSU.  If you send somebody else, why not just go ahead and mail them the trophy?

It is not about who's turn it is.  This isn't kindergarden.  It is about putting the 2 best teams in the title game, and nobody can dispute that LSU and Alabama are the 2 best teams.

As for 2007, UGA lost to South Carolina 16-12 AND they got blown out by Tennessee 35-14.  That is hardly an apples to apples comparison to what Alabama has done this year.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »

I just realized that I didn't actually answer the question.  Embarrassed

No.  Cool

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »

Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State. That is a 6-5 team with Kansas State still to go. They must beat Oklahoma and worry about Va Tech and Stanford. The only way they jump us is if the human polls totally change from last week which is very unlikely. At this point if you have the money buy your ticket and book a room in New Orleans for Jan. 9.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »

Seriously though, I think they are too far down in the human polls to jump Bama.  Brad Edwards, the BCS guru, said the same thing.

David Pollack says they have a chance if they put up 300 on Oklahoma.

Laughing

I would add to that, they have to put up the 300 without giving up 299 themselves.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »

Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State. That is a 6-5 team with Kansas State still to go. They must beat Oklahoma and worry about Va Tech and Stanford. The only way they jump us is if the human polls totally change from last week which is very unlikely. At this point if you have the money buy your ticket and book a room in New Orleans for Jan. 9.

And Stanford is done.  They are not likely to pass Stanford even if they beat Oklahoma.  They might pass Va Tech if they choke against Clemson.  I guess it is a mathematical possibility, but I am really not the least bit concerned about it.

SeniorTSM
Senior

SeniorTSM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

uga fan sent this to me.
Click here for link
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »

Oh that is easy to refute.  It is on Bleacher Report, the bastion of credible journalism.  Cheesy

Their job is to create controversy and get people to come to their site.  I will go read it though and see if it holds up.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »

uga fan sent this to me.
Click here for link

By the way, just tune that UGA fan out until Saturday and you want hear from him for awhile.  Cheesy

SeniorTSM
Senior

SeniorTSM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »

uga fan sent this to me.
Click here for link

By the way, just tune that UGA fan out until Saturday and you want hear from him for awhile.  Cheesy

lol Thats what I was thinking too. Ever talk to a UGA fan? all they do is pull up stats...saying Murry is the best QB in the SEC...Richt has an unbelieveable record at UGA....they beat bama in ot at T town...The last one makes me laugh becuase he forgets about the blackout and the year we lost to UGA we also lost to UL monroe...good company UGA. Cheesy
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »

The coaches Poll and the Harris poll make up 2/3 of the BCS ranking. The other 1/3 is the computer rankings. If Oklahoma State beats the Sooners they will possibly jump us in the computor poll. We are a solid # 2 in the other polls. Oklahoma State is a solid # 5. They have too much ground to make up. People can like it or not but we are in.

Besides Jamos and the REC boys have this thing under control according to boogers.  Cheesy
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »

OK, I just read the article.  Guess how many facts are in there?  Exactly 1:  Alabama currently leads Oklahoma State by 0.084 in the BCS standings.  Well I suppose another fact is that Oklahoma State has another game.  But everything else is strictly opinion, with nothing to support it.  First of all, he declares that OSU will win Saturday.  Oh really?  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  Let's play the game and find out.  But even if they do win, he offers no details as to how this would allow them to pass Alabama.  NONE.  Just because he wants it to happen doesn't mean that it will.  Brad Edwards on the other hand, (you know, the BCS GURU for ESPN) has crunched the numbers and says that it is practically a done deal.

But unlike that guy on Bleacher Report, I will give you a possible scenario that would allow OSU to pass Alabama.

1.  Va Tech loses to Clemson, and drops in the polls.  Va Tech is peaking at the right time and is 7 1/2 point favorite to win their rematch.  Meanwhile Clemson is falling apart at exactly the wrong time.

2.  OSU blows out OU by such a large margin that the pollsters decide to jump them ahead of Stanford even though Stanford didn't even play.  Remember, Stanford has only lost one game too, and that was a much more respectable loss to Oregon.  If any other team besides Alabama goes, it should be Stanford, not OSU, in my opinion.

3.  Not only would OSU have to pass Stanford in the polls, they would have to be a unanimous #3 because the BCS takes into consideration how many points you get in the polls, not simply what position you are in.  If they are #3 but only beat Stanford by a few points, it won't be enough.  Right now Stanford is 44 points ahead of them in the USA Today poll.  Alabama is 166 points ahead of OSU.  Stanford is another media darling, and it is very unlikely that they will lose that much ground to OSU when they don't even play.

So it is technically a possibility, but as you can see it is very unlikely for all of that to happen.  I just don't think the pollsters are going to overlook that horrible loss and move them that far ahead of Stanford to a unanimous #3 spot, even if they blowout Oklahoma and Va Tech loses.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »

And even if all of that stuff happened, they still aren't guaranteed to pass Bama.  Once you crunched the numbers they might still be behind Bama.  But they have no shot at all unless all of those things happen, then it would be a toss up at best.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »

uga fan sent this to me.
Click here for link

lol Thats what I was thinking too. Ever talk to a UGA fan? all they do is pull up stats...saying Murry is the best QB in the SEC...Richt has an unbelieveable record at UGA....they beat bama in ot at T town...The last one makes me laugh becuase he forgets about the blackout and the year we lost to UGA we also lost to UL monroe...good company UGA. Cheesy

That is pretty bad when they are going back to 2007 when that isn't even the most recent game.

Laughing

"You remember that one time when we beat Bama?  Yeah, it was a long time ago when Saban first came.  It was the year they lost to UL Monroe.  Boy those were the good ol' days."

Laughing

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 941
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0