Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showing Our Hand  (Read 2057 times)
ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »

It seems to me that the entire season has been marked by an offensive strategy of testing offensive approaches on consecutive series of downs. If we find something that works, we put it on the shelf and don't come back to it in that particular game unless we need it. The jet sweep series, the Damien Harris end around series, the Bo Scarborough up the middle series, etc. The default is a short-pass, flare pass approach designed to get JH more comfortable with the passing part of his game. When that's working well enough, we stay with it.

I believe that we will be able to do this in the Washington game. No disrespect, but they are too small, and we are just as fast as them. I believe we will be able to get through this game without giving the winner of the other semi a lot of tape to watch. Except for the defense. They can watch all the tape they want of our defense. Won't matter at all.

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »

It seems to me that the entire season has been marked by an offensive strategy of testing offensive approaches on consecutive series of downs. If we find something that works, we put it on the shelf and don't come back to it in that particular game unless we need it. The jet sweep series, the Damien Harris end around series, the Bo Scarborough up the middle series, etc. The default is a short-pass, flare pass approach designed to get JH more comfortable with the passing part of his game. When that's working well enough, we stay with it.

I believe that we will be able to do this in the Washington game. No disrespect, but they are too small, and we are just as fast as them. I believe we will be able to get through this game without giving the winner of the other semi a lot of tape to watch. Except for the defense. They can watch all the tape they want of our defense. Won't matter at all.

Couldn't agree more. I just hope the DB's we have left are at 100%.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »

I just hope we have DB's left. The way they are getting injured is not good. Now that we have Tony back I thought with his speed he would be a big help but I guess he hasn't caught up with the game yet. He and Diggs would make a great pair of punt returners. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »

GMc had an interesting observation yesterday on SEC Network.  He said with all the time before the next game.  JH could improve/fix/change some things so that he could be a "different QB" by the time the games are played.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »

When coaches go into setting up a game plan they look at many different things. 
1.  How is the defense going to line up against certain formations.  How do they react to motion/shifts
2.  What do they do in all instances on down and distances.  For example do they blitz on 1st down. 1st and long 2nd and short/medium/long and 3rd short/medium/long
3.  They look at what they do in the different parts of the field.  own territory, middle of the field, and scoring zone
4.  What are their favorite coverages, this is also broken down into areas of the field
5.  Do they have an "orange eater?"  In other words is their someone they want to attack.  They also check personnel.  Who are the subs where are they the weakest.  Is there something you can do early that will help later?
6.  What plays do you have that can be successful in your playbook at this moment vs what do you want to add. 

This is just a sample of putting together a game plan along with watching tape that solidifies what you go into the game with.  I am also sure Bama has done self scouting to see what they may have been doing that needs adjusting.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »

GMc had an interesting observation yesterday on SEC Network.  He said with all the time before the next game.  JH could improve/fix/change some things so that he could be a "different QB" by the time the games are played.

He has has had all year to do this, I am wondering why he hasn't already improved his passing. Right now I think he needs to learn the speed and get with it, cause in my mind he is not a Freshman anymore he is at least a Sophomore or maybe even a JR. He has played every game and done well but to me his passing needs to improve dramatically. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

Couldn't agree more. I just hope the DB's we have left are at 100%.

in the SECCG we had a four star go down , plugged in a five star replacement
beat the brakes off their azz by  4 TD's
we are 9-1 in the BAMA Dome with CNS at the helm
the only tape that will help Washington will be applied by the medical staff

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 561
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0