Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Bama vs. Stanford: In-Game***  (Read 6990 times)
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 01:47:23 AM »

Ready to admit that Obasohan is for real yet, WV?  Kid is a spark plug, drives to the hole well, and has a mid range game that our other guards don't seem to have.

He makes things happen when he is in the game. he can also consistantly hit free throws. He is only a freshman too.
It depends on what you mean by "for real".  I did that before the regular season ended. I don't remember which game-but myself and another regular (maybe CP) said we bothered to learn how to spell his name that day. He has become a consistent contributor in the last few weeks. I don't remember saying anything bad about him early in the season-- other than bungling the spelling of his name.
I was the first one on board the Obasohan train, which is why I learned to spell his name.

WV said RO was a "project" earlier in the season, which was probably true at the time; I don't think anyone anticipated how much he would improve.  WV didn't say much about RO once he got hot as WV had that man crush on Gueye and talked mostly about the Gueye.   
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 06:36:50 AM »

Ready to admit that Obasohan is for real yet, WV?  Kid is a spark plug, drives to the hole well, and has a mid range game that our other guards don't seem to have.

He makes things happen when he is in the game. he can also consistantly hit free throws. He is only a freshman too.
It depends on what you mean by "for real".  I did that before the regular season ended. I don't remember which game-but myself and another regular (maybe CP) said we bothered to learn how to spell his name that day. He has become a consistent contributor in the last few weeks. I don't remember saying anything bad about him early in the season-- other than bungling the spelling of his name.
I was the first one on board the Obasohan train, which is why I learned to spell his name.

WV said RO was a "project" earlier in the season, which was probably true at the time; I don't think anyone anticipated how much he would improve.  WV didn't say much about RO once he got hot as WV had that man crush on Gueye and talked mostly about the Gueye.   
Laughing  Too much? Huh?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »

I called RO the "third best player on our team right now" last week (or maybe two weeks ago) and WV "chastised" me.  Basically called me too reactionary and hasty in my judgment.  I stand by that he's been our 3rd best player for the last 3 weeks or so.

1) Releford
2) Gueye
3) Obasohan

Right, WV?
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »

I called RO the "third best player on our team right now" last week (or maybe two weeks ago) and WV "chastised" me.  Basically called me too reactionary and hasty in my judgment.  I stand by that he's been our 3rd best player for the last 3 weeks or so.

1) Releford
2) Gueye
3) Obasohan

Right, WV?
Laughing

Yeah;, I remember that now.  But I think you meant Randolph @ #2?   Undecided
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »

1) Releford
2) Gueye
3) Obasohan

Right, WV?
Laughing

Yeah;, I remember that now.  But I think you meant Randolph @ #2?   Undecided

Shhhhh....I'm trying to distract WV with mention of 9GB so that he'll be more likely to agree with my main point.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »

Until you have Obasohan playing 30 or so minutes a game, every game, you cannot rank him with those that do. His playing time has increased the last couple of weeks, but his flashes of inspiration should not be confused with the efforts of those that have played complete games all season long. We are running out of season this year, but add him to the list of expectations for next year.

If I had to rank all players:
1) Releford
2) Randolph
3) Jacobs
4) Lacey
5) Cooper
6) Pollard
7) Obasohan

I switched Lacey and Cooper around a couple times.  Huh? My criteria was based on their importance to our winning.  Releford is all alone at the top. Randolph has been my favorite since last season but I'm still hoping for more consistant 10-15 point nights.

If I had to make a wish list for next year, I could simplify it by hoping each player plays as well next season (night after night) as they do on a their best night of this season.

If you have been watching Kansas, L'ville, Miami, OSU, etc., you see how far we have to go to compete. Those incoming freshmen better really be special.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:15:18 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »

Laughing  Too much? Huh?
Hmm, what was the password for the Bracket Challenge again?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 737
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0