Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 3296 3297 [3298] 3299 3300 3301 3302 ... 3909   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12693281 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49455 on: March 12, 2020, 05:24:28 AM »

Good PANDEMIC morning.   Panic

Yes, 2, the world has changed.  For years we've all talked to students about population growth, crowding, and future disease outbreaks.  Seems that time has come.

I guess our knife show is still happening this weekend; no word about it yet.  So tomorrow I'll pack the car and go.  I'd be better off selling a table full of hand sanitizer!   

LSU baseball plays here against Ole Miss this weekend.  It's the biggest series of the baseball season.  No idea if the crowd will be allowed to see it.

NEW WORLD. 

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #49456 on: March 12, 2020, 07:46:13 AM »

Good morning folks.  My boss was going around asking folks if they could work from home.  He didn't ask me but he already knows that I can't.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just burn some of my 9 weeks of leave that I have saved up...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #49457 on: March 12, 2020, 09:40:22 AM »

Good morning folks.  My boss was going around asking folks if they could work from home.  He didn't ask me but he already knows that I can't.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just burn some of my 9 weeks of leave that I have saved up...

NASA had an agency wide telework day last Friday to test out their VPN capability with the heavy load.   They didn't officially close the centers, and allowed people to work from their desk if needed/desired.  I feel they're giving serious consideration to at least making telework optional for a few weeks.
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #49458 on: March 12, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »

NASA had an agency wide telework day last Friday to test out their VPN capability with the heavy load.   They didn't officially close the centers, and allowed people to work from their desk if needed/desired.  I feel they're giving serious consideration to at least making telework optional for a few weeks.
Yeah, I knew about NASA doing that.  My next door neighbor got screwed because that was his normal day off...    Telework IS NOT an option for me though.  If they do let some employees do that and tell me that I need to just take PTO then I'm going to complain.  They need to provide "extra" PTO specifically for this virus if it comes down to it.

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #49459 on: March 12, 2020, 10:00:37 AM »

Today is a very foolish day. I wonder how many countries contrive ways to get this country down and make people sick for population control? RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49460 on: March 12, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »

Today is a very foolish day. I wonder how many countries contrive ways to get this country down and make people sick for population control? RTR!

You're scaring me, Preacher.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49461 on: March 13, 2020, 05:50:03 AM »

Good morning.  Coffee

Guess 2 has made it to the wedding.  Don't know why; the bride prolly won't be kissing guests anyhow!   

Even PGA Golf was cancelled.  First they announced they'd play without fans, and now they've cancelled this week's tournament (The Players - Sawgrass).  Bummer.
 Sad

I haven't heard about spring practice, but I assume it's cancelled too.  Anybody heard?

I have a knife show starting today.  I didn't pack the car yet; waiting to hear if it's a go.  I've got my hand sanitizer ready and everything.

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #49462 on: March 13, 2020, 06:16:52 AM »

I haven't heard about spring practice, but I assume it's cancelled too.  Anybody heard?

I have a knife show starting today.  I didn't pack the car yet; waiting to hear if it's a go.  I've got my hand sanitizer ready and everything.

Alabama has closed its campus and will transition to online classes post Spring Break, which is this upcoming week. 

No specific word on football or A-Day.   

Bring all your hand sanitizer and toilet paper -- you could make a killing.   

Student spring break is extended until March 30 as UA transitions to remote learning. After Friday, March 13, The University of Alabama will extend spring break for students through Sunday, March 29, to allow additional time for instructors to transition to alternative teaching resources. Remote instruction will resume Monday, March 30.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49463 on: March 13, 2020, 06:44:03 AM »

Alabama has closed its campus and will transition to online classes post Spring Break, which is this upcoming week. 

No specific word on football or A-Day.   

Bring all your hand sanitizer and toilet paper -- you could make a killing.   

No kidding.  And if you read the label, most hand sanitizer is simply alcohol and aloe vera gel.  A one-armed chimp could make it.  Dollar Stores have shelves full of alcohol and gel. 
BUT, does alcohol kill the virus??   Panic  Just kidding; prolly does.

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #49464 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:13 AM »

Good morning folks.  No Covid-19 here.  At least not yet.  We do have rain though if anyone is interested.  I am getting confused about all the athletics announcements.  I read on al.com that " canceling the basketball tournament, and all spring sports through March 30" but I'm reading tweets on Twitter from Bama baseball/softball players that their season is over and they are begging to get that year of eligibility restored.  Who knows how all of this will turn out.  Until then...  Panic

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49465 on: March 13, 2020, 06:58:00 AM »

Good morning folks.  No Covid-19 here.  At least not yet.  We do have rain though if anyone is interested.  I am getting confused about all the athletics announcements.  I read on al.com that " canceling the basketball tournament, and all spring sports through March 30" but I'm reading tweets on Twitter from Bama baseball/softball players that their season is over and they are begging to get that year of eligibility restored.  Who knows how all of this will turn out.  Until then...  Panic

Yeah, lots of details to work out yet.  Both Bama and Ole Miss baseball teams were ranked this year, and now it's cancelled.  Bummer.
North Carolina had a crappy basketball season, ending with a losing record, but with no March Madness they can say their string of seasons playing in it didn't end.  Not that anybody here cares!

Just don't mess with our football season!!   Angry

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #49466 on: March 13, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »

Good panic Friday the 13th.

Yes, the world is upside-down today. We made it in to P'cola yesterday afternoon, but I've got to share a couple of stories with you from yesterday.

1. We stopped at a store on Notasulga to pick up some steak seasoning that you can only get there. We asked the checkout girl about hand sanitizer. She said some guy came in and bought the last of what they had left, plus every single bottle of alcohol.

2. We stopped at Eastchase Mall in Montgomery so that Mrs 2 could pick up a dress from Dillard's. While she did that I went in to 'Bed, Bath and Beyond' to see if they had any hand sanitizer. A black man about my age went in just ahead of me. 2 ladies greeted us at the door and asked us what they could help us with. He said "hand sanitizer". I said "same here".

One of the clerks held up a clear plastic bowl with about 8-9 bottles of hand sanitizer, and the guy stuck his hand in and grabbed them all. He then turned to go to the cash register. I said as loud as I could, "REALLY, DUDE? YOU'RE TAKING ALL OF THEM?!?!

He turned around and was going to hand me one. I'm not allowed to post on here what I said to him.

I keep the stuff in my car and was down to about a quarter of a bottle and simply wanted another couple of bottles. I am NOT one of those asswholes who feels the need to stockpile the stuff because of the covid-19.

Anyway, my point is; this kind of situation brings out the worst in people. It's really quite sad.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49467 on: March 13, 2020, 07:24:49 AM »

Good panic Friday the 13th.

Yes, the world is upside-down today. We made it in to P'cola yesterday afternoon, but I've got to share a couple of stories with you from yesterday.

1. We stopped at a store on Notasulga to pick up some steak seasoning that you can only get there. We asked the checkout girl about hand sanitizer. She said some guy came in and bought the last of what they had left, plus every single bottle of alcohol.

2. We stopped at Eastchase Mall in Montgomery so that Mrs 2 could pick up a dress from Dillard's. While she did that I went in to 'Bed, Bath and Beyond' to see if they had any hand sanitizer. A black man about my age went in just ahead of me. 2 ladies greeted us at the door and asked us what they could help us with. He said "hand sanitizer". I said "same here".

One of the clerks held up a clear plastic bowl with about 8-9 bottles of hand sanitizer, and the guy stuck his hand in and grabbed them all. He then turned to go to the cash register. I said as loud as I could, "REALLY, DUDE? YOU'RE TAKING ALL OF THEM?!?!

He turned around and was going to hand me one. I'm not allowed to post on here what I said to him.

I keep the stuff in my car and was down to about a quarter of a bottle and simply wanted another couple of bottles. I am NOT one of those asswholes who feels the need to stockpile the stuff because of the covid-19.

Anyway, my point is; this kind of situation brings out the worst in people. It's really quite sad.

Dude, I'm worried about your blood pressure!   

I was surprised that the Dollar Store here had shelves full of alcohol and aloe vera.  LF and her friends have a running discussion on Facebook about which stores have hand sanitizer and which do not.  Not much other sport out there to watch!

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #49468 on: March 13, 2020, 07:30:14 AM »

Mrs. Nalt told me last night that she had read where the manufacturers of hand sanitizers have stated that they WILL NOT ramp up production.  They claim that if they do and then this whole ordeal goes away that they will be stuck with lots and lots of hand sanitizer that will take time to get rid of...

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #49469 on: March 13, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »

Mrs. Nalt told me last night that she had read where the manufacturers of hand sanitizers have stated that they WILL NOT ramp up production.  They claim that if they do and then this whole ordeal goes away that they will be stuck with lots and lots of hand sanitizer that will take time to get rid of...

Well, that's Marketing.
If you want to get ahead during this crisis, consider that all of America is forced to stay home. 
Invest now in baby diapers! 

Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 3296 3297 [3298] 3299 3300 3301 3302 ... 3909   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0