Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missed Church this morning  (Read 4182 times)
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »

I want to share my thoughts today. I missed Church this morning because of the pain in my back and my tummy. Yes, they will do a MRI on my back and a CT Scan on my abdominal area tomorrow but my heart is broke. I have tears because the gathering of brothers and sisters in Christ makes it feel so good when we worship. Think of the greatest Bama game you ever had a great desire to see, that is me in my want to assemble in the House of God. I can get on this computer for a few minutes read what all you post and I have tears and pain and I have to move around. I pray I can sing and talk with the Lord but it is not the same when you can't meet with your Church family. There was a reason today, maybe I was suppose to touch somebody or say a word of joy to someone. I sure will be glad when I can get over this and sing, worship and show my love for others. This too, Shall pass. I Believe. Praise God in the Highest.

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »

Praise God.  Ricky, it touches me every time you get on here and post.  Even if you are just talking about missing teeth and peach cobbler.  We are very thankful for you and appreciate all you do for us here.  You're right, this too shall pass.

Pray

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »

God knows we need you here Brother Ricky ...

I'll be right back !

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »

well Ricky , I went to get a service to share with you today but I can't find it ...

either they have change the website to the Church or I'm too stupid to see it

sorry but I tried , I'll find out as soon as the Pastor gets freed up to talk

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

ok Ricky ... I found this to share with you
Justin talked with me about this before he wrote it ... he asked me "what makes you happy ?"
now I know why ...

Who are the happiest people in the world.

Do you have any idea who these people are.

I remember having a conversation with my dad back in the fall of 1998, and in doing so I made a statement that " I didn't know what could make me any happier, and that I considered myself to be the happiest person I knew. He passed away in the spring of 1999, and I have been learning ever since on how to reclaim that level of happiness.

I asked our congregation this week, what makes people happy? We heard some very honest and truthful answers like the this.

Obedience to God. [good answer}. If you were to ask a party-goer what makes him or her happy, the answer might be. Another party. Or maybe a night without a party. A sports fan might say an undefeated season, a championship or, fire the coach. A person looking for a job would say, "give me a job and I will show you happiness. A man with a job might say give me a raise and I'll be happier. A farmer needing rain and not getting it on time is not a happy camper. However a dog with just a bone could be considered quite happy.

The owner of a company says profits mean happiness. Mom says no children sick is happiness. The same Mom says don't bother me when I'm busy, and screams at the healthy children. The preacher who tickles his congregations ears says all things are good when everybody is happy. But the church in Her early days grew oh so much due to persecutions. Do we really know what happiness is.

Let's just stay in the church community for most of our time left in this article. When it comes to being a Christian and witnessing for Christ where does your happiness come from, or what makes you the happiest in your daily walk following Christ as a disciple. Are you the one who says I'm happiest when there are no problems, no drama, no hardships, no distressing situations, and the list could go on and on.

How about the church who prays for growth and Satan is allowed by GOD to test the church and the church splits for the wrong reasons.. What a horrible feeling. That is not a happy atmosphere. The one thing we can agree on I believe is that the Christians who are known as gripers and complainers can not be happy followers of The CHRIST. Even the spirit of indifference brings on unhappiness. Don't talk to me, or I really don't care what you do are all to often the means by which some people spread their form of happiness. Some folk aren't happy because there aren't enough children, and some churches aren't happy because there aren't enough teachers. Some folks aren't happy because the pastor is doing his job by the techniques prescribed by scripture to equipping the saints, and or stirring the spirit. "Get up and out of your comfort zone the pastor might say.

If you are Born Again and believe the scriptures to be GOD breathed, Philippians chapter 4 verse 11 , conveys the thought that no matter what I want, I have learned to be content. Not just when things are rosy, but also when they are thorny. Does this mean to be so contented is to own happiness. The person who does not let his or her wants to dominate his existence is truly a happy person. A happy person can show you how to have the peace of Christ which is available to all. A happy person is one who gives cheerfully, to the gospel of Christ. A happy person tries to lead others to lead others to forgiveness. A happy person is content where he or she is found. A happy person will be the one who strives to maintain Godly wisdom in making decisions. A happy person is a treasure and one who would really like for you to be as happy as well, for they truly have pure hearts, with no greed or envy or jealousy. Would you like to know this happiness?

Then place Jesus first. Others second. Yourself last. its called JOY!!!

Receive Christ as LORD , and live in this happiness. It is for real with a zeal and comes with a seal.

Rev. Justin R. Lott

MDB Tide Roll
Grad Student

E-Cred: 280

Female

MDB Tide Roll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »

You can't have church without a hymn.  Hope you enjoy this one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPp4gXUY3o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPp4gXUY3o</a>

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"   Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I want everybody here to know this is not the end.  This is the beginning."  Nick Saban 1/16/10
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

I have to cred you both. Those are great XBama. I get your meaning and I am content. God Bless!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »

O'gee MDB !  that was awesome ! thank you !

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

Ricky , I believe you and me share a lot of likeness's
last week this time I couldn't even walk , my wife was standing over me calling 911
Justin came and Prayed with me , for me , I am moving around pretty good now but
I have to watch what I do ... I got some help from family and friends too .

the Church is over 100 miles there and back , I'm not ready for that ride just yet
but I will be , and so will you , God has a plan for us and this morning has been special in
several ways ... God Bless you too !

Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 724

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »

Bro Ricky and XBama - you two will never know how much your posts mean to some of us. I've been blessed beyond measure by them.
God bless you!
MDB - thank you for the song. It is so true - God WILL take care of us!
I needed this today.
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

Well I actually forgot Matt. 11:29, 30. I should have been thinking. "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  I guess if I would listen to what Christ told me things would not seem near as bad. God bless.

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
MDB Tide Roll
Grad Student

E-Cred: 280

Female

MDB Tide Roll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »

Here's the hymn from that scripture.  I remember being 6 or so and wondering what "my okee see see" was.  I had learned the song from my grandfather leading it as the invitation song and never read the words.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu_0ikdiPxI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu_0ikdiPxI</a>

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"   Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I want everybody here to know this is not the end.  This is the beginning."  Nick Saban 1/16/10
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »

Thanks MDB ...  Applause E-Cred

OT , but it reminds of ...
anyone here ever go to Opp , Alabama to the all night sings ?
they had them on the football field , many , many Gospel Groups would come .
anyone else remember that or go ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 727
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0