Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's to blame?  (Read 4031 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:36:48 AM »

After reading some of the readers posts, I must say that it disappoints me to see their anger toward a single player for the loss last night. I can understand the disappointment of losing a big game but we all should know and understand that a team has not and will not win all of their games. A winning streak is no more than a set up for some big time sadness when the team finally loses and I use the term team and not player to indicate the loss.

Football is a game that is made up of nothing more than a package of emotional ups and downs. Some players handle emotion better than others but still it is all a team concept that dictates the success or failure of a team. It's the same with the fans as well, some handle it better than others.

Everyone is pointing their finger at Cade Foster for losing the game but I have to question why was he having to kick the ball at all. In a perfect world you shouldn't need a kicker, except for extra points, if a team plays to perfection. We also know that kickers, and I mean the best, have missed game winning opportunities but still, had the team done everything right on the first three plays of the series you wouldn't need to try a field goal.

My point is that the kicker is just part of the team and there are going be failures of players at whatever position during the course of a game. This is why the term team is used because there is no one player who is going to win or lose a game. Every player that played last night made a mistake during the course of the game.

There were so many plays that failed before the attempted kicks that included bad passes, dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, coaches decisions, and so on and had some of these failures worked we wouldn't be here discussing why the team lost last night.

This was a historical run by CNS and the Bama team, it should be something that all of us Bama fans can hold our heads high and appreciate the fact that we all had the chance to enjoy such a feat. How many other schools would like to be in our position?  With this winning streak having ended, we should  applauded the many players and coaches that made this all possible and not single out a certain player or coach for the loss that ended it, you win as a team and you lose as a team.

ROLL TIDE!!! Applause E-Cred

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:54:02 PM by Jamos » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:58:43 AM »

Well said, J.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »

Good post Jamos
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »

Sometimes the best team does not win. I think that was the case yesterday. We make too many mistakes and did not capitalize on many our our scoring opportunities. There is plenty of blame but I will leave that to to coaching staff. I am disappointed in the loss but I am grateful for what this team has accomplished. We are not going to win them all. 

This is not the end of our run. We are loaded and the future still looks great. We will be a pre-season top five team again next year and we are bringing in the top recruiting class again. We are still the top program in the nation. There is not a team in the country hoping to play us in a bowl game.
Peewee from Grand Bay
Junior

E-Cred: 1491

Peewee from Grand Bay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »

After reading some of the readers posts, I must say that it disappoints me to see their anger toward a single player for the loss last night. I can understand the disappointment of losing a big game but we all should know and understand that a team has not and will not win all of their games. A winning streak is no more than a set up for some big time sadness when the team finally loses and I use the term team and not player to indicate the loss.

Football is a game that is made up of nothing more than a package of emotional ups and downs. Some players handle emotion better than others but still it is all a team concept that dictates the success or failure of a team. It's the same with the fans as well, some handle it better than others.

Everyone is pointing their finger at Cade Foster for losing the game but I have to question why was he having to kick the ball at all. In a perfect world you shouldn't need a kicker, except for extra points, if a team plays to perfection. We also know that kickers, and I mean the best, have missed game winning opportunities but still, had the team done everything right on the first three plays of the series you wouldn't need to try a field goal.

My point is that the kicker is just part of the team and there are going be failures of players at whatever position during the course of a game. This is why the term team is used because there is no one player is going to win or lose a game. Every player that played last night made a mistake during the course of the game.

There were so many plays that failed before the attempted kicks that included bad passes, dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, coaches decisions, and so on and had some of these failures worked we wouldn't be here discussing why the team lost last night.

This was a historical run by CNS and the Bama team, it should be something that all of us Bama fans can hold our heads high and appreciate the fact that we all had the chance to enjoy such a feat. How many other schools would like to be in our position?  With this winning streak having ended, we should  applauded the many players and coaches that made this all possible and not single out a certain player or coach for the loss that ended it, you win as a team and you lose as a team.

ROLL TIDE!!! Applause E-Cred 
Well Said James I found this as well this morning written by a Student at the University. Please all read this as well;

Dec 1 2013  Dear Cade Foster,

Let me introduce myself: My name is Kaitlin Goins. I am a student at The University of Alabama. I am, also, a huge Alabama football fan. There was never another team when picking which fan-base to join, and there was never another university when picking a college. The University of Alabama is, in my opinion, by far the greatest and most wonderful place to attend school. Bryant Denny Stadium is like no other. No other stadium sways to songs like Sweet Home Alabama or Dixie Land Delight. No other stadium has fans standing during each and every play, filling every, single seat. No other team has more than 101,000 fans filling the stadium each and every Saturday. No other team is the University of Alabama.

But today was different because The University of Alabama’s fan-base became like the others.

Today, we had the most heart-wrenching defeat I have ever watched in my 20 years on this Earth. The Texas A&M game last year doesn’t even compare.

But you are not to blame.

You see, we Alabama Football fans pride ourselves in being the loudest and proudest fan-base there is. We fill the quad even on small games, we follow our team at home and away, and we support the Tide every way possible. But this weekend, again, was different.

Perhaps, it’s the rivalry that brought out the worst in some fans, but blame cannot be placed there. Blame, rather, must be placed on fans.

You see, real fans don’t boo the kicker off the field after missing a field goal at the most-pressured game in the year at the opponent’s stadium. Real fans don’t yell hateful comments about any team member, no matter what the error. Real fans stand behind their team all 60 minutes of every game AND every single day of the year.

And, especially in your case, real fans do not forget the back-to-back national titles you assisted in the past two years.

So, I want to apologize. I want to apologize for leaving the UTC game at halftime, no matter how cold I was. I want to apologize for wondering if a single game was worth attending, considering we would murder (insert team name here) anyways. I want to apologize for the frustration I showed after the first quarter of this game. I want to apologize for fans ‘booing’ you. I want to apologize for the hateful comments. I want to apologize for the death threats. I want to apologize for the future interviews. I want to apologize for the future comments.

But mostly, I want to apologize because your fan base did not stand behind you when you needed us the most.

This game was a game to us. Stakes were high, but in the end, other than the nagging comments of Auburn fans, none of us will at all be affected by this loss.

But, this was your last Iron Bowl. This was your last regular season game. This was your last chance to play for an SEC championship. And, unless the football gods favor us this year, this was your last chance to play for a national title.

And we let you down. We let the whole team down.

For four years now, you have sold your soul to Alabama Football. For twelve weeks out of the year, you have faced other players that would like nothing more than to break your legs in half. For 365 days of the year, you have practiced every day. You have focused every day. You have put pressure on your body that you will never ever be able to reverse.

And you did it for us.

And we could not give you a break for one loss. We couldn’t even give you a break for one kick.

So instead of criticizing you, Cade Foster, I want to thank you. I want to thank you for your dedication, your practice, your endurance, and your performance over the past four years, hit or miss, win or loss. Sure AJ McCarron played well, and he had a lot of pressure also. But there is not another player on the team that has the pressure of kicking the game-deciding goal, and that is a lot of pressure. You, Cade Foster, warm up by yourself. You are on the field before any other player, and you are the last off before kick-off, don’t think I haven’t noticed. Sure you have blockers and the ball holder, but it is you who has to be exact, kicking farther than ever before, being perfect every time.

You are the true hero. Without you, there would be no 7, 14, 21 or 28 point lead. Rather, a 6, 12, 18, or 24 point lead.

So Cade Foster, whatever you chose to do after you leave your collegiate career behind, I, Kaitlin Goins, will be behind you. If you chose to play in the NFL, I will follow your career. If I had a fantasy team, you would be my first pick. If you chose to work, I’m behind you 100%. If you chose to start a family, I hope you have the most beautiful kids and dress them in Crimson and White.

And I hope, if I cross your path one day, I will be able to give you a portion of my appreciation. Following your last down at the University of Alabama, and officially being released from the team, I would happily be your first paid autograph.

But even if I never meet you, Cade Foster, I want you–or at least the Alabama fan base to know–this is not the Alabama Football we advertise. This is not the support we gave you at the national championship, and this is not the support you deserve after a heart-aching loss.

So I apologize for all the fake Alabama fans. You have nothing to be ashamed for. And if anyone says you do, show them your two national championship rings and, with class, say, “I ain’t never been nothing but a winner.”

Roll Tide, Cade Foster, Roll Tide.

I agree 100% with her

Share this:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:48:34 AM by pmull » Logged
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:44:57 AM »

Roll TIDE!
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »

Kaitlin Goins, you have achieved class that others have never even dreamed of. When we win all 11 did a great job. How does one player lose a game, can't be done. If the offense had gotten a first down no FG would be needed. God Bless you for being honest. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »

Just another Bama-barn game where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Bama was tight, period. You just don't win many games when everyone seems to "play not to lose", rather than "playing to win". Mistakes galore made by the entire team. As J posted, it was a team effort.

We have a saying in the insurance business that's pretty good advice for just about everything:

"Some will, some won't, so what, move on." The loss hurts like the devil, but I am moving on and looking forward to the bowl game and next season.

I'm still very proud of this team for the accomplishments that they have made. Amazing, when you think about it.

Hats off to Auburn for doing what they had to do to win the game. Having said that, they are the luckiest team on the planet. Even luckier than the 2010 team. Les was kind enough to clean his entrails off of this prestigious award before passing it on to Gus and the barn.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:21:11 AM by 2Stater » Logged
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

the loss isn't Cade Fosters fault he was just a easy target
maybe someone can put their finger on it , something wasn't right
with him last night , no matter , the fact remains that the people who
were sending him nooses and death threats should be arrested

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »

I hate losing to anybody, especially the arch rival, but I've been around ball teams of everykind for over 60 years and the one thing I know is "you can't win 'em all",
nobody ever has and nobody ever will.

I am proud of the football team for what they have accomplished.  I am excited about what the future holds for us. 

Roll Tide Roll
Bamaphile
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3183

Bamaphile

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:26 PM »

Good post, Jamos.  That game was full of poor decisions on multiple fronts.  I was wondering from our first drive if Cade was hurt.  His whole kicking motion/routine just seemed off from the very first attempt.  Regardless, the game is won or lost based on a team effort.  We played too tight and like we were trying to avoid losing rather than trying to win for most of the night.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

Class, Jamos, class. 

I'm not surprised.  I'm proud to know you!

Applause E-Cred

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:54 AM »

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would blame any one person for this loss.  From my count, Bama had 11 players on the field for every play and that included the field goal attempts.  Was it the kicker's fault that one of his attempts was blocked?  Had it not been for that block then Bama likely would have won the game.  Instead of assigning blame, I think it is more appropriate to offer congratulations to an Awbarn team that we all love to hate.  They played over their heads for the entire 60 minutes and, like Bama has done in recent years, they have had luck on their side.  Just like in 2010, remember the fumble that bounced 20 yards down the sideline?  Just good luck on their part and bad luck on ours. 

Great post Jamos.  Thanks and ROLL TIDE!

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 739
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0